Let's do this....Wilson vs Mahomes

Hunter2_1

Pick the QB  

101 members have voted

1. 1. who's better now

• Mahomes
    • Wilson
    • Can't call it

Mahomes for me, and it's not very close.

If you were to pick and choose Wilson's best years for each statistical category and create a Frankenstein's monster season out of it all, it's still worse across the board than Mahomes' lone full season as a starter.

On 9/29/2020 at 8:44 PM, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I will say that up until 2019, Wilson would still have about three games a year where he would look more than a little off. Almost like he was a completely different player that didn't warrant being on the field. And this was all due to his own accord. I think those performances are why he never was able to get MVP or All Pro recognition. However, last year he didn't really have any of those super clunkers.

Mahomes on the other hand thus far, hasn't had a game where he's played abysmal from start to finish. 

Actually he did. Last year at the Rams Wilson had an awful game and we held Seattle without an offensive TD. Wilson does have too many games like that - he had two bad games against us in 2017 too, although he had two good games in 2018 and one amazing one last season against us.

But your point is why this is Mahomes, no question. Wilson always has a game or two where you're like....what???

He also had a pretty bad game at home against the Cardinals last year.

He's always taken a ton of sacks, and IMO a lot of that is on him. He has a tendency to not throw unless a receiver is wide open, save for some of his deep passes, which leads to the sacks.

Even when he has had good games against us, I've never been afraid when the Rams play the Seahawks. When we played Mahomes two years ago, I was terrified.

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

Actually he did. Last year at the Rams Wilson had an awful game and we held Seattle without an offensive TD. Wilson does have too many games like that - he had two bad games against us in 2017 too, although he had two good games in 2018 and one amazing one last season against us.

But your point is why this is Mahomes, no question. Wilson always has a game or two where you're like....what???

He also had a pretty bad game at home against the Cardinals last year.

He's always taken a ton of sacks, and IMO a lot of that is on him. He has a tendency to not throw unless a receiver is wide open, save for some of his deep passes, which leads to the sacks.

Even when he has had good games against us, I've never been afraid when the Rams play the Seahawks. When we played Mahomes two years ago, I was terrified.

Mahomes had a game were he had 0 tds and 2 ints vs Jags, last year both games vs Chargers he had under 200 yds in each and 1 td and 1 int. 

Last night is an example of why ya cant trust stats. If you went off Mahomes actual play he should of had 0 tds and 3 ints. 

When my team plays KC. I don't fear Mahomes at all. Oddly, i fear their defense. They play well against my team.

I won't argue if someone picks Mahomes.

Saying Mahomes and it isn't close. Is weird and should be publicly shamed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NeptunePenguins said:

To be honest Mahomes has looked like an average QB this year. For some reason he looks like he is lost on a lot of plays. I don't understand what could be going in with him, but it seems to me that he has lost faith in the offense. He looks pretty average so far this year. 

This is not even remotely true. He doesn't look absurdly dominant, as he usually has, but he is nowhere close to average either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

To be honest Mahomes has looked like an average QB this year. For some reason he looks like he is lost on a lot of plays. I don't understand what could be going in with him, but it seems to me that he has lost faith in the offense. He looks pretty average so far this year. 

This take, along with your packers thread, I’m convinced you’re a troll

5 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

He is still playing like a top 5 QB.

That's far from average.

14 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Mahomes had a game were he had 0 tds and 2 ints vs Jags, last year both games vs Chargers he had under 200 yds in each and 1 td and 1 int. 

Last night is an example of why ya cant trust stats. If you went off Mahomes actual play he should of had 0 tds and 3 ints. 

When my team plays KC. I don't fear Mahomes at all. Oddly, i fear their defense. They play well against my team.

Right but Wilson didn't lead Seattle to even score one offensive TD. I think they got into the redzone one time. One.

Stats for a QB can be misleading - good example is with the Rams this year. Goff has 6 TDs and 2 INTs but we have a lot of rushing TDs.

The games you are referencing were all wins for the Chiefs, and all games where the offense put up multiple TDs. This is a game where Seattle wasn't even competitive after the second quarter and Wilson was completely dominated. 

That hasn't happened to Mahomes. When they've lost, they've all been close games, and the worst offensive output I can remember was against the Colts last year, but was at least still competitive unlike my Wilson example.

For me it just isn't close. Right now TJ Watt is arguably playing as well as Aaron Donald - but nobody is going to put him on that level until there's more consistency to it. Wilson has been on the "normal" elite level of QB play while Mahomes has been on a GOAT elite level of QB play. Just because Mahomes dips a bit and Wilson rises a bit does not mean they're equal.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Right but Wilson didn't lead Seattle to even score one offensive TD. I think they got into the redzone one time. One.

Stats for a QB can be misleading - good example is with the Rams this year. Goff has 6 TDs and 2 INTs but we have a lot of rushing TDs.

The games you are referencing were all wins for the Chiefs, and all games where the offense put up multiple TDs. This is a game where Seattle wasn't even competitive after the second quarter and Wilson was completely dominated. 

That hasn't happened to Mahomes. When they've lost, they've all been close games, and the worst offensive output I can remember was against the Colts last year, but was at least still competitive unlike my Wilson example.

For me it just isn't close. Right now TJ Watt is arguably playing as well as Aaron Donald - but nobody is going to put him on that level until there's more consistency to it. Wilson has been on the "normal" elite level of QB play while Mahomes has been on a GOAT elite level of QB play. Just because Mahomes dips a bit and Wilson rises a bit does not mean they're equal.

But since the beginning of 2019, Wilson has outplayed Mahomes. Mahomes 2018 season right now is kinda an anomaly. Chiefs are just better than Seattle.

On 10/6/2020 at 9:46 PM, Bearerofnews said:

Another fan of a team who struggles more with Wilson than Pat checking in. But like you I don't mind people choosing Mahomes.

The 'not even close' bit...lol

5 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

But since the beginning of 2019, Wilson has outplayed Mahomes. Mahomes 2018 season right now is kinda an anomaly. Chiefs are just better than Seattle.

So we're just ignoring the playoffs last year? Because with how the Niners pass rush was bearing down on Mahomes, that Super Bowl was one of the best QB performances in NFL history, and while the Chiefs defense was good overall, having to lead his team back from double digit deficits in all three games was amazing

6 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

So we're just ignoring the playoffs last year? Because with how the Niners pass rush was bearing down on Mahomes, that Super Bowl was one of the best QB performances in NFL history, and while the Chiefs defense was good overall, having to lead his team back from double digit deficits in all three games was amazing

You do realize having to come back 3 straight times, is also a knock on a qb as much as it is a credit. They played bad enough in an extended period of the game, that their team fell behind. Yes, made great plays to comeback. Bad had some bad ints in that game that should of cost them the SB. 

24 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Another fan of a team who struggles more with Wilson than Pat checking in. But like you I don't mind people choosing Mahomes.

The 'not even close' bit...lol

Its crazy how much influence there is when you see a player play your team. Thats why im high on Tannenhill and Goff. When they played my team, they looked unstoppable.