29 members have voted

1. 1. what you thinking?

• Soon to be a great WR, he's coming!
    • Showing signs of improvement, stick with him
    • Undecided
    • Not good, if he doesn't improve soon, he's surely a bust
    • A bust.

On 9/29/2020 at 6:13 AM, jofos said:

Lol how this separation stat Harry 3.6  Tyreek Hill 3.4.  Odell Beckham 3.4 Mike Evans 3.1 Chris Godwin 3 A J Brown 2.6 DK Metcalf 2.4   Yeah this is all small sample size but so is Harry's career. After he has played a full season we can see where he is. Also people talk about him being a first round pick like he was a top five guy but he was one pick away from the second round. 

This can't be right lol. Maybe someone slipped to the turf.

The interesting thing with Harry right now is that he's not being used the way I expected him to be used when he was drafted. I thought he would take on the X receiver role, catching a lot of slants and back shoulder throws, the way guys like LaFell and Lloyd did in past seasons. It looks like Byrd is the guy doing that currently, while Harry is running a lot of Amendola type routes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Starless said:

The interesting thing with Harry right now is that he's not being used the way I expected him to be used when he was drafted. I thought he would take on the X receiver role, catching a lot of slants and back shoulder throws, the way guys like LaFell and Lloyd did in past seasons. It looks like Byrd is the guy doing that currently, while Harry is running a lot of Amendola type routes. 

Im with you on this. Curl routes, over the middle type etc etc

On 10/1/2020 at 9:46 PM, Starless said:

Exactly what I thought. The evidence is right there, he's not being given these plays, and it can only be because of 1 thing - he can't do it (yet). Or can't do it consistently enough yet to be trusted with the play call. 

Tom chewed him out a couple times for not doing the right thing, and whilst Cam seems to have adopted him, he's not throwing to him still really. He's caught 4 or 5 genuine short to intermediate routes, but the rest of his production has been swings, screens or hand-offs. 

At some point the evidence has to be noticed - he's not being used as a WR 1, 2 or even 3. It's disappointing for sure.

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Exactly what I thought. The evidence is right there, he's not being given these plays, and it can only be because of 1 thing - he can't do it (yet). Or can't do it consistently enough yet to be trusted with the play call. 

Tom chewed him out a couple times for not doing the right thing, and whilst Cam seems to have adopted him, he's not throwing to him still really. He's caught 4 or 5 genuine short to intermediate routes, but the rest of his production has been swings, screens or hand-offs. 

At some point the evidence has to be noticed - he's not being used as a WR 1, 2 or even 3. It's disappointing for sure.

Nice post , let me add they know what he can do based on what they see in practice, like you said he's not there yet.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 3:46 PM, Starless said:

Are the passes Harry is being thrown an indication of what he can run or what Cam is best at throwing? Look at the Seattle game and you see a mixture and Harry did fine. 

11 hours ago, jofos said:

Are the passes Harry is being thrown an indication of what he can run or what Cam is best at throwing? Look at the Seattle game and you see a mixture and Harry did fine. 

See, this is the issue. "Fine". He's a first round pick....he went before Metcalf. That pass that Jules caught down the field, THAT'S what we need Harry to do. Because he's a first round WR pick.

10 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

See, this is the issue. "Fine". He's a first round pick....he went before Metcalf. That pass that Jules caught down the field, THAT'S what we need Harry to do. Because he's a first round WR pick.

I read this and I had a bad thought. I don't see Harry with a catch farther than 10/15 in his whole career. Yikes. Also I read that Hakeem Butler moved to TE, maybe Harry should as well. Harry is smaller than  HB however Shannon Sharpe was small and he turned out OK😁

10 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

and we are consistently seeing first round or 2nd round WRs DOMINATE right away. Belichick failed again with his WR drafting

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 5:56 AM, Deadpulse said:

He could still put it together IMO. People forget he hasn't had a ton of reps. Granted, its due to his own conditioning and injury, but still. 

I don't know what has ruined developing players in the NFL but I hate it. Wasn't it always 3 years before you could judge a receiver, as it's one of the more difficult positions to transition to from college? 

• Like 1

How different of an opinion does Harry command if the officials don't blow the call on his TD run and the Patriots aren't playing wildcard weekend?

Point is, he's young, he's made plays, he's played with 2 different QBs, one of which is infamous for not trusting new receivers. I ain't saying he's great or will be great, but give it some damn time

Edited by Troy Brown
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

How different of an opinion does Harry command if the officials don't blow the call on his TD run and the Patriots aren't playing wildcard weekend?

Point is, he's young, he's made plays, he's played with 2 different QBs, one of which is infamous for not trusting new receivers. I ain't saying he's great or will be great, but give it some damn time

For me, not that different, because again it was a play drawn up to get him some space close to the line (unless I'm mistaking it for a different play). He's not catching or separating downfield much at all, and he's a first round WR. He has use, don't get me wrong.

And yeah, he'l get more time as he should. But it might not just a time issue

Edited by Hunter2_1