N'Keal Harry and The Patriots forum  

29 members have voted

1. 1. what you thinking?

• Soon to be a great WR, he's coming!
    • Showing signs of improvement, stick with him
    • Undecided
    • Not good, if he doesn't improve soon, he's surely a bust
    • A bust.

He played pretty well vs KC, Hoyer just sucks.

At this point he should be a #3 WR though. Edelman looks finished and is dropping balls, so he is probably gone next year. Can the Patriots get 2 good wide receivers next offseason who can seperate? If they do it would be much easier for Harry to make more plays because he doesn't get the attention from DBs

While Byrd has been a pleasant surprise, we clearly need another WR. I'm sure they'll be hesitant to make a trade for one after the Sanu debacle, but I'd like to see another premium pick spent on one in next year's draft. It's looking like another loaded WR class.

10 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

While Byrd has been a pleasant surprise, we clearly need another WR. I'm sure they'll be hesitant to make a trade for one after the Sanu debacle, but I'd like to see another premium pick spent on one in next year's draft. It's looking like another loaded WR class.

Waddle or Rondale Moore please

15 hours ago, jofos said:

First of all let me say that I think that Harry has a lot of room for improvement. But if he had been picked one pick later would people have as much problem with him?

Yes.  I don't like any WR that has no speed and quickness. Without it it limits his success. I also have a problem when you take a WR high in the draft that needs to work on his game. Like RT tree and to use 2 hands. Romo mentioned he needed to improve during the game. To me that's him saying come on man!

Lastly I don't think WR should be picked in the 1st RD. I don't care how good they are. You can get effective guys in later rounds. The Pats in general are  proof that  WR are secondary.  1st round is for QB,LT, CB,Edge. Ex They are mocking the Jets taking a WR which I pray they do. Idiots, pick the ornaments before you have the tree!!!

17 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Yes.  I don't like any WR that has no speed and quickness. Without it it limits his success. I also have a problem when you take a WR high in the draft that needs to work on his game. Like RT tree and to use 2 hands. Romo mentioned he needed to improve during the game. To me that's him saying come on man!

Lastly I don't think WR should be picked in the 1st RD. I don't care how good they are. You can get effective guys in later rounds. The Pats in general are  proof that  WR are secondary.  1st round is for QB,LT, CB,Edge. Ex They are mocking the Jets taking a WR which I pray they do. Idiots, pick the ornaments before you have the tree!!!

we need edge out of those positions. QB can't get drafted without weapons, CB better for UDFA rounds, LT we have.

On 10/6/2020 at 11:29 PM, jofos said:

First of all let me say that I think that Harry has a lot of room for improvement. But if he had been picked one pick later would people have as much problem with him?

I wouldn't have as much of a problem (I presume you mean with our 2nd pick of the draft). It would still be disappointing that we drafted a WR who can't separate, but it wouldn't be as notable if he wasn't a 1st round pick, for me.

21 hours ago, IheartMyV8 said:

Even at 32 I'd expect a bigger impact and better performance.  And watching him run is almost like watching TB12 run.

In a league where speed is killing, we drafted a slow WR in 1st. I know he had other qualities which made him draft-worthy, but those qualities haven't come through. There is no YAC, for example, he's very easy to get down. Which is disappointing for his size. 

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

In a league where speed is killing, we drafted a slow WR in 1st. I know he had other qualities which made him draft-worthy, but those qualities haven't come through. There is no YAC, for example, he's very easy to get down. Which is disappointing for his size. 

He isn’t that slow the issue is that his route running is not good enough for a mid 4.5 receiver. 

29 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

He isn’t that slow the issue is that his route running is not good enough for a mid 4.5 receiver. 

At combine, this is what he came in as

THE heaviest WR (joint with DK)

Ran a 4.53, putting him 21st (behind Hakeem and AJ Brown....)

Joint best Bench (with DK)

Didn't run 3 cone....whaaa?

I don't see slow, but I don't see a fast WR. That with the lack of route running is probably why we don't see any separation. He's strong though....

• 2 weeks later...

30 career catches now

5 catches over his last 150 snaps

8 of those 30 catches in 1 game

*sorry if you find this negative, these are facts. I did not create the facts, I heard them today and am sharing. 

Also, there was a really good example Sunday which shows his lack of awareness. The screen play to Edelman that went -2 yards. Harry is on the top of the formation and the CB has given him a 10 yard cushion. The screen play, as BB has said a few times, is the one play where it is GOING to the screen, so I can give N'Keal a bit of a break here. But Cam spots this, he waits because he wants to go to Harry who is in space (how many times have we wanted the ball in his hands with space?), but the head never turns. 

He has to go to Edelman, and it's too late - the play is blown up. I guess Tom throws that away.

• Like 2

The Patriots have always struggled with young receivers and I think it has more to due with the difficulty of the system than their talent evaluation. I think N'Keal Harry isn't as bad as he's shown if he was drafted to another team but he definitely on track to being a bust.    

No offense but I am not buying this whole scheme is too difficult. This has been the excuse that has been trotted out there for so many years to explain why they can't develop good WRs. I was watching an interview with Josh McDaniels when asked about the playbook and he says he had not seen the playbook since 2011... I don't necessarily think it's an easy scheme but I do find it hard to believe that their scheme is so over complicated that they willingly hinder their offense from week to week. Bill in his almost two decades in New England the best WR he drafted was Edelman and he was a QB of all things (Deion Branch being the 2nd). After so many years drafting TEs he eventually hit on Gronk and Aaron but his track record drafting WRs and RBs is pretty abysmal.

Edited by The Third Rider