26 members have voted

1. 1. what you thinking?

• Soon to be a great WR, he's coming!
    • Showing signs of improvement, stick with him
    • Undecided
    • Not good, if he doesn't improve soon, he's surely a bust
    • A bust.

12 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

If any of these guys resemble any form of explosiveness, creating separation down field and/or the ability to attack the ball you can officially cross them off the team's draft board.

There are only one I would take with the Pats 1st pick. Chase, he is perfect in all phases of the game.  The only other is (trade down needed) Rondale Moore. He has unique skills. He gives you much more than WR skills. Just think Terek Hill. IMO the most feared weapon in the NFL. All others WR you pass on til the 2nd RD.

This guy can run, play slot and wide out. Punt and kick return and sell tickets!!!

" true freshman, including a breakout performance in a stunning upset over the Ohio State Buckeyes "  I watched that game, my jaw was on the floor, shocking.

" Swiss-Army knife wide receiver that dazzles through defenders and explodes downhill."

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/rondale-moore-nfl-draft-profile-purdue-wide-receiver/

https://247sports.com/Article/Rondle-Moore-Purdue-football-wide-receiver-2021-NFL-Draft-comparison-Tyreek-Hill-Chiefs-150558929/

Follow up   I will add Jaylen Waddle, into the 1st RD Just read some stuff on him. Here one thing that will knock your soxs off. 40 time --- 4.27 faster than Ruggs!!!!!

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/24/panthers-2021-nfl-draft-jaylen-waddle/

Edited by m haynes

I feel like this thread is missing talk about Harry's hamstrings. Those things are ELITE

The dream imo would honestly be to trade Gilmore for a late 1st or early 2nd and then draft: Micah Parsons to resolve our LB woes .. and grab Rondale Moore with their second pick to help the offense. I say that Primarily because I expect the earliest they pick to be ~10 and 3 QB will likely be selected by then and BB won't reach for one. 

I believe Harry can still be worthy of a roster spot.. but you need Speed to get the defenses attention away from him and let him just be a big possession type. May sound crazy .. but what are the odds Harry could put on 15+ pounds and be a TE where his lack of speed would be less of an issue? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crimmage said:

The dream imo would honestly be to trade Gilmore for a late 1st or early 2nd and then draft: Micah Parsons to resolve our LB woes .. and grab Rondale Moore with their second pick to help the offense. I say that Primarily because I expect the earliest they pick to be ~10 and 3 QB will likely be selected by then and BB won't reach for one. 

I believe Harry can still be worthy of a roster spot.. but you need Speed to get the defenses attention away from him and let him just be a big possession type. May sound crazy .. but what are the odds Harry could put on 15+ pounds and be a TE where his lack of speed would be less of an issue? 

My gawd, that would be an amazing draft. Everything BB has done with Ras I Dowlings and Cyrus Jones' and Dom Easleys will all be forgiven.

That's why I don't expect it to happen :D

I think we'll get something like the 8th pick. Parsons and Chase will be gone, we can either settle for the next WR or what I believe happens - we pick a DL.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

My gawd, that would be an amazing draft. Everything BB has done with Ras I Dowlings and Cyrus Jones' and Dom Easleys will all be forgiven.

That's why I don't expect it to happen :D

I think we'll get something like the 8th pick. Parsons and Chase will be gone, we can either settle for the next WR or what I believe happens - we pick a DL.

Unfortunately there is not a DL worth it at 10th pick. IMO DL is crap in the 1st RD.  Jay Tufele IDL USC , Marvin Wilson DT, Florida State.  Read many places Wilson is more problems than he worth. He more into self promotion. Don't need the headache.  Football is my job type of player. 

Marvin Wilson’s opening games of 2020 are an example of frustration

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/marvin-wilson-nfl-draft-profile-florida-state-defensive-tackle/

Edited by m haynes

On 10/29/2020 at 1:28 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Do you think he's got an over-thinking issue?

At that position, certainly. It's easily his worst track record as a HC/GM.

There's literally no excuse to not have talent at that position in today's league.

Edited by Nex_Gen

So, I think we have enough data now. I was reluctant to say this, but he's had roughly a season now in terms of full games. He's a bust. He isn't going to get better, IMHO. 

This would be the season to get him involved and really see what we have - Not one deep pass completion, he is 132nd in yards, only 1 TD, 24 Rec which is 120th, 8.9 YPR average which is 119th.

Moreover, he's been relegated to a blocking player who also now picks up penalties. Most importantly, he doesn't have a football brain - there are examples nearly every game where he misses opportunities to make it easier on the QB - for example when he has cushion, he doesn't break or curl it early or come back to the QB, he just runs his called route - this isn't what smart WRs do. 

Benefit of the doubt has expired for me now, because of the above and also because how his WR class and THIS WR class is leaving him firmly in the dust. Also, you notice how Meyers has stepped up, how Byrd already has better stats....

Harry. Is. A. Bust.

Join the pile with the Richards, the Dowlings, the Cyrus's, the Easley's etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

So, I think we have enough data now. I was reluctant to say this, but he's had roughly a season now in terms of full games. He's a bust. He isn't going to get better, IMHO. 

This would be the season to get him involved and really see what we have - Not one deep pass completion, he is 132nd in yards, only 1 TD, 24 Rec which is 120th, 8.9 YPR average which is 119th.

Moreover, he's been relegated to a blocking player who also now picks up penalties. Most importantly, he doesn't have a football brain - there are examples nearly every game where he misses opportunities to make it easier on the QB - for example when he has cushion, he doesn't break or curl it early or come back to the QB, he just runs his called route - this isn't what smart WRs do. 

Benefit of the doubt has expired for me now, because of the above and also because how his WR class and THIS WR class is leaving him firmly in the dust. Also, you notice how Meyers has stepped up, how Byrd already has better stats....

Harry. Is. A. Bust.

Join the pile with the Richards, the Dowlings, the Cyrus's, the Easley's etc.

Did you have to bring up freaking Dowling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I here that name and it feels like I been kicked in the nuts.  I'm pretty sure that was the first time the change the draft format on TV, 1st RD only.

The Pats had all night and day to make a trade ( 1st pick 2nd RD)and I'm seeing multiple picks dance in my head  and Pats robbing someone. Pats keep the pick and I go nuts, smashed my TV, kick the dog and put holes in the walls. I think I was on my knees crying. WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY trader BB!!!!

Players they passed on       http://www.mynfldraft.com/2011/round2/

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

Did you have to bring up freaking Dowling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I here that name and it feels like I been kicked in the nuts.  I'm pretty sure that was the first time the change the draft format on TV, 1st RD only.

The Pats had all night and day to make a trade ( 1st pick 2nd RD)and I'm seeing multiple picks dance in my head  and Pats robbing someone. Pats keep the pick and I go nuts, smashed my TV, kick the dog and put holes in the walls. I think I was on my knees crying. WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY trader BB!!!!

Players they passed on       http://www.mynfldraft.com/2011/round2/

I was in Europe, waiting up until 3 am to watch us draft....Cyrus Jones. That one stung me the most due to circumstances. Prick Bill.

• Like 1

My work day today resulted in back and forth of Harry would be really good if he had an actual QB.. which melted my brain. 

There are fans who truly believe Harry is going to be a 1,000+ yard receiver next season when we get a "real" QB .. I tried to explain to them he will likely have more holding calls than 100 yard games and they weren't having it LOL 

7 hours ago, Crimmage said:

My work day today resulted in back and forth of Harry would be really good if he had an actual QB.. which melted my brain. 

There are fans who truly believe Harry is going to be a 1,000+ yard receiver next season when we get a "real" QB .. I tried to explain to them he will likely have more holding calls than 100 yard games and they weren't having it LOL 

I do think Cam holds him back, but Harry did have Brady for a half a season, and made some fundamental mistakes there too. But I'd also argue Brady isn't the ideal QB to learn with....

Harry just doesn't have a football brain. You saw it on display again on Sunday. The slant route where he's open, at the end of the slant he just stops. You could see Cam after play telling him he should have bent it and ran up the sideline. Harry, unfortunately, is just a very stupid player.

Chad Jackson redux