Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL? (Part 2)

sammymvpknight

10 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Ok I have a scenario. 

Alvin Kamara finish the season with over 2400 scrimmage yards and 17 total touchdowns. The Saints finish 11-5. Meanwhile, Derrick Henry rushes for over 2000 yards and finishes with 20 rushing touchdowns. The Titans also finish 11-5.

Who would have the better claim for OPOY?

I'd go with Co-OPOY at that point.  Both would be doing something that few have done before them and obviously helped to propel their teams to the playoffs.

7 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Henry is one of the greatest rushing running backs we’ve ever seen 

Are you serious or is this a joke?

Henry to me ain't even the best runner in the league right now let alone in any greatest of all-time conversation.  He's had an impressive last couple of years but that's all.

11 hours ago, VanS said:

Henry to me ain't even the best runner in the league right now let alone in any greatest of all-time conversation.  He's had an impressive last couple of years but that's all.

Bookmark it - we agree on something. 

Though I think it’s at least debatable that Henry’s the best runner in today’s league, but not a slam dunk. But all-timer? Eh...

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, VanS said:

Who do you say is? Dalvin cook? 

13 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Bookmark it - we agree on something. 

Though I think it’s at least debatable that Henry’s the best runner in today’s league, but not a slam dunk. But all-timer? Eh...

Eh...I see some Eric Dickerson in 'em. While I can walk back my enthusiasm a bit from earlier in this thread, I know a unicorn when I see it. Dickerson was an All Timer, but maybe that's because the era he played in.

"All Timer" is possible when you consider that we're probably not going to see another 6' 4" 250lb RB with Henry's vision and sense of urgency - you have to admit, he's a unicorn in that respect.

56 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Eh...I see some Eric Dickerson in 'em. While I can walk back my enthusiasm a bit from earlier in this thread, I know a unicorn when I see it. Dickerson was an All Timer, but maybe that's because the era he played in.

"All Timer" is possible when you consider that we're probably not going to see another 6' 4" 250lb RB with Henry's vision and sense of urgency - you have to admit, he's a unicorn in that respect.

As a specimen, absolutely. You’re not going to find humans of his size move like he does. 

But I’m not ready to say he’s a clear cut better runner than even today’s Chubb or Cook. Or yesterday’s (motivated) Marshawn Lynch or Le’Veon Bell. And early Peterson, Shady? The early 2000s running backs? Henry’s in the midst with them, but I wouldn’t call Shady or Bell or Lynch all-time runners - not like AP for example. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 11:52 AM, Yin-Yang said:

As a specimen, absolutely. You’re not going to find humans of his size move like he does. 

But I’m not ready to say he’s a clear cut better runner than even today’s Chubb or Cook. Or yesterday’s (motivated) Marshawn Lynch or Le’Veon Bell. And early Peterson, Shady? The early 2000s running backs? Henry’s in the midst with them, but I wouldn’t call Shady or Bell or Lynch all-time runners - not like AP for example. 

Cook at times looks Barry Sandersesque. Too bad he is injury prone.