Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL? (Part 2)

sammymvpknight

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Ya'll better recognize Cook and his 70 yards from scrimmage and 1 TD so far. He's been nursing a groin injury! 

and now he has 140ish, Hes either #2 or 3(or 4 if you think Barkley hasnt lost anything)  depending where you have henry. Im gonna dip out again here shortly, but enjoy another 50 pages of @tyler735 insisting kamara is "still in the conversation" for being the best. Like really, how many backs are in this conversation, a dozen?

29 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

and now he has 140ish, Hes either #2 or 3(or 4 if you think Barkley hasnt lost anything)  depending where you have henry. Im gonna dip out again here shortly, but enjoy another 50 pages of @tyler735 insisting kamara is "still in the conversation" for being the best. Like really, how many backs are in this conversation, a dozen?

Yawn. This isn't an airport you don't have to announce your departure...we truly don't care.

Edited by tyler735

On 11/18/2020 at 2:16 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

while i can appreciate you trying to frame the best/most biased argument for Kamara, that isnt how it works. Kamara gains significantly more yards through the air than he does on the ground, of course his yards per touch will be higher. Although the obvious answer to this thread is still CMC, Cook is making a very strong case to be the 2nd best back in the league. Kamara had a hot streak but has really lowered his pace the last few weeks. 

Didn’t sway the argument or the stats in kamara favor at all. Those are the numbers, and I dont care if the yards come from rushes or catches, yards are yards, and in the saints offense a swing pass to kamara is basically a rushing play for us. Kamara has been the better back than Cook this season but after this weekend Cook passed him for yards so the argument can go either way, before this past weekend though, no...

and once again this is coming from a Cook fan lol

31 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

Those are the numbers, and I dont care if the yards come from rushes or catches, yards are yards...

Not going on the basis that most yards = best player, but that’s still a skewed way of looking at it. 

Receiving YPC is inherently going to be higher than rushing YPC for the large majority of players, even if you just keyed in on running backs. It’s why James White, Chris Thompson, and Theo Riddick have higher career YPTs than Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook, and Adrian Peterson. Just throwing the two together and judging the YPT equally when one is clearly a volume receiving back and the other(s) is/are clearly bell cows is completely disingenuous.

I’ve stopped caring about the Kamara pheromones some of these guys have sniffing, but that’s an - I believe - intentional attempt at skewing things. I’d be saying the same if it were CMC. 

• Like 1

Derrick Henry sitting over here like Rodney Dangerfield reading this thread. No respect.

Chubb is pretty dang good too.

Ronald Jones is surprisingly good this year. 

But right now, it's Dalvin Cook. 

And yes, KAmara has been good, but Cook has more total yards and total TDs in 1 less game.

• Like 2

Couple down weeks from Kamara who's been dinged up with a foot injury. Seems the Saints limited his usage playing against a couple garbage teams the past couple weeks as they really didn't need him to get some easy wins as the Saints sit all alone on top of the NFC with the best record. Hopefully Kamara has a bounce back game next week though

Edited by tyler735

5 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Couple down weeks from Kamara who's been dinged up with a foot injury. Seems the Saints limited his usage playing against a couple garbage teams the past couple weeks as they really didn't need him to get some easy wins. Hopefully has a bounce back game next week though

Im pretty sure NFL rbs get beat up fairly often, kinda in the job description. Tenn jumped out huge and Henry had a monster day, as has been the case with the vikes and cook. get out of here with this garbage excuses and lets finally lock this up. No hes not the best, and the only conversation hes in is top 5 rbs.

17 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Im pretty sure NFL rbs get beat up fairly often, kinda in the job description. Tenn jumped out huge and Henry had a monster day, as has been the case with the vikes and cook. get out of here with this garbage excuses and lets finally lock this up. No hes not the best, and the only conversation hes in is top 5 rbs.

You're entitled to that opinion, but I disagree. The past 2 weeks won't change my opinion of Kamara being in the conversation for best RB in the NFL. Several people in the football world have recently had Kamara as their top RB this season so no lets not lock this up because GSUeagles says so lol

Edited by tyler735

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

You're entitled to that opinion, but I disagree. The past 2 weeks won't change my opinion of Kamara being in the conversation for best RB in the NFL. Several people in the football world have recently had Kamara as their top RB this season so no lets not lock this up because GSUeagles says so lol

oh, maurice jones drew had him as mvp? that must mean hes the best. 

lets try this... whats your argument for him being the best? 

9 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

oh, maurice jones drew had him as mvp? that must mean hes the best. 

lets try this... whats your argument for him being the best? 

Don't need to give you one he's been rated as one of the top RB's by many for most of the season. Your entitled to your opinion an argument can be made for a few guys including Kamara. 

Derrick Henry is the best.

3rd season in a row now where he turns into an absolute savage in November.  He'll probably keep it going in December too. 

I love McCaffrey but when a player plays his best ball when it matters the most to play their best ball, and he does it 3 years in a row?  Yeah, he's the best.  

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2