Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL? (Part 2)

sammymvpknight

15 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Derrick Henry is the best.

3rd season in a row now where he turns into an absolute savage in November.  He'll probably keep it going in December too. 

I love McCaffrey but when a player plays his best ball when it matters the most to play their best ball, and he does it 3 years in a row?  Yeah, he's the best.  

He goes from good to an all time great RB when the later months of the season rolls around. It’s a pleasure to watch.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

3rd season in a row now where he turns into an absolute savage in November.  He'll probably keep it going in December too. 

I love McCaffrey but when a player plays his best ball when it matters the most to play their best ball, and he does it 3 years in a row?  Yeah, he's the best.  

Still think its CMC. he doesnt really lose steam in december, any changes are pretty much normal variance you see week to week. But his ability to both run and pass catch is just about unmatched.

5 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Yup, said this a while ago. Tennessee's offense shrinks down every year, every year you know it's Henry time and... Professional-level defenses are STILL helpless. 

The Colts were a top 3 Defense this year and Henry evicerated them. He was absolutely skull dragging every single person on that defense, and that defense KNEW he was the only concern - it did not matter, Henry took what Henry wanted.

Kamara does not have that ability - nobody does, for that matter.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 9:40 AM, ET80 said:

And I'd say the gap between Henry as a runner and Kamara as a runner is about as big as Kamara and Henry as a receiver. I'll stand by that, Henry is running the ball like nobody else since Dickerson or Prime Peterson. 

Called it a month ago.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yup, said this a while ago. Tennessee's offense shrinks down every year, every year you know it's Henry time and... Professional-level defenses are STILL helpless. 

The Colts were a top 3 Defense this year and Henry evicerated them. He was absolutely skull dragging every single person on that defense, and that defense KNEW he was the only concern - it did not matter, Henry took what Henry wanted.

Kamara does not have that ability - nobody does, for that matter.

Ill include @AFlaccoSeagulls... How much of this is because CMC is out? it would be an oddity for his injuries to have any lasting detriment, and when he was playing essentially everyone recognized him as #1. Henry is an absolute monster, but the gap between cmc and henry isnt nearly as big as it is between henry and kamara.

31 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

It is close though

I really don't think it is. The Titans offense is incredibly one dimensional, lost their best OL and is in the midst of "bad" Ryan Tannehill, and Henry is still racking up 175/3TDs - against the #3 defense in football - all before halftime.

Had Henry been given a full allotment of carries yesterday, he outdoes Tyreek Hill's performance. And this was against a good run defense in Indy.

The best part about this thread is it's essentially turned into the flavor of the month thread. If we go back to last season when this was posted we might have a new "easily the best HB in the league" guy every month. I think Barkley, CMC, Kamara, Zeke and now Henry have all held the title...Which should tell you no one is "easily" the best in the league right now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

The best part about this thread is it's essentially turned into the flavor of the month thread. If we go back to last season when this was posted we might have a new "easily the best HB in the league" guy every month. I think Barkley, CMC, Kamara, Zeke and now Henry have all held the title...Which should tell you no one is "easily" the best in the league right now.

This. Which is why I continue to say "Kamara is in the discussion" yet GSUeagles just can't handle that lol. If we go back even further to the previous thread, it was Gurley, Elliott, Kamara, and Barkley being mentioned as best RB in the NFL and changing on a near monthly basis. Now it has evolved into McCaffrey, Kamara, Henry, and Cook. Go back just a few weeks ago and Kamara leads the NFL in scrimmage yards/touchdowns, then Cook goes off for a few weeks and catches him in several stats, then Henry goes off all the sudden and is "the best RB". There is no RB at the moment that has any real edge for that claim to be a unanimous "best RB". It looked at one point that McCaffrey might be on his way to doing so, but obviously this year has thrown a wrench in that. At this point, it's basically a pick your preference in RB style of the 4 aforementioned RB's. 

11 hours ago, iknowcool said:

He's like a diesel engine, both in style and productivity. 

43 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Henry's been the best since last year, people (me included) just didn't wanna crown him.

• Like 2