Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL? (Part 2)

sammymvpknight

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

But Henry is the Randy Moss (one trick pony but that trick is unstoppable) compared to the Jerry Rice (all-around great) of CMC. My main knock on CMC, like I alluded to earlier, is that his production was basically completely replaced by a JAG off the street, so it makes me wonder just how good CMC really is, or if some of that production is a product of the system he plays in.

The offense this year has been much more productive with him playing than it has been without him.  And while Mike Davis did well for awhile, he's fallen off a cliff and even at his peak, wasn't matching CMC.

Panthers offense w/ CMC (3 games - admittedly small sample size, but still worth using): 26 PPG (inc 2 of only 3 30+ games by our team this year), 416 total yards per game.  CMC in those 3 games had 374 YFS (124 YPG) for 6 TDs 

Panthers offense w/o CMC (9 games): 22 PPG, 334 total yards per game.  Davis in those 9 games had 833 YFS (92.5 YPG) and 5 TDs

Don't get me wrong.  I think Derrick Henry is the best right now.  But McCaffrey is still an absolute beast.  I truly think he could have helped win some of the games we lost (Vikings game, Falcons game, maybe the 1st Saints game too).  Davis has played admirably but he's just not built for this offense.  The only reason he caught so many passes early on was because of how we want to attack on offense, but he couldn't do with them what McCaffrey does with them.  He's not the threat, and it's why he has slowly been phased more and more out of the offense.

This offense with Moore, Anderson, Samuel, and McCaffrey on the field is such a problem.  Damn shame McCaffrey had those injuries back to back.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yup, said this a while ago. Tennessee's offense shrinks down every year, every year you know it's Henry time and... Professional-level defenses are STILL helpless. 

The Colts were a top 3 Defense this year and Henry evicerated them. He was absolutely skull dragging every single person on that defense, and that defense KNEW he was the only concern - it did not matter, Henry took what Henry wanted.

Kamara does not have that ability - nobody does, for that matter.

Not to take away from Henry’s amazing performance but Covid took out two of the Colts best DL run stuffers in Buckner and Autry. It was the worst timing possible with Henry coming to town. I still think Henry would’ve had a great game but not the 160+ game he had yesterday. 

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I really don't think it is. The Titans offense is incredibly one dimensional, lost their best OL and is in the midst of "bad" Ryan Tannehill, and Henry is still racking up 175/3TDs - against the #3 defense in football - all before halftime.

Had Henry been given a full allotment of carries yesterday, he outdoes Tyreek Hill's performance. And this was against a good run defense in Indy.

Vikings already had a bad line that only became better when we added Ezra Cleveland. We've lost Ezra Cleveland for the past 2 games. Titans have 2 first rounders playing WR so I don't feel bad for Tannehill. Poor Vikings have a rookie and an undrafted white guy that nobody outside of Minnesota appreciates 😊. Also Cousins is 29th in the league with 13 interceptions with four fumbles. Dalvin Cook has more TD's and fewer carries that Henry.

It's going to be a race!

1 minute ago, Blackstar12 said:

Not to take away from Henry’s amazing performance but Covid took out two of the Colts best DL run stuffers in Buckner and Autry. I still think Henry would’ve had a great game but not the 160+ game he had yesterday. 

That's fair, but it's also pretty par for the course that Henry gets going right about now.

4 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Titans have 2 first rounders playing WR so I don't feel bad for Tannehill.

One - AJ Brown was a 2nd round pick. And I'd take Thielen over both. 😉

4 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Dalvin Cook has more TD's and fewer carries that Henry.

Henry led the league in rushing yards and TDs last season - so this is just a continuation of that effort. Cook's gotta catch up!

On 11/24/2020 at 1:30 AM, Yin-Yang said:

Not going on the basis that most yards = best player, but that’s still a skewed way of looking at it. 

Receiving YPC is inherently going to be higher than rushing YPC for the large majority of players, even if you just keyed in on running backs. It’s why James White, Chris Thompson, and Theo Riddick have higher career YPTs than Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook, and Adrian Peterson. Just throwing the two together and judging the YPT equally when one is clearly a volume receiving back and the other(s) is/are clearly bell cows is completely disingenuous.

I’ve stopped caring about the Kamara pheromones some of these guys have sniffing, but that’s an - I believe - intentional attempt at skewing things. I’d be saying the same if it were CMC. 

Yes but guys like reddick and white don’t get the touches of dalvin or Henry but kamara does so it holds more weight. Regardless the only real way to tell is the eye test, not numbers. And the eye test tells me kamara is as good as any RB in the league, same goes for dalvin. Equally good just different. 

29 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

AJ Brown > Adam Thielen. Come on, ET.

Thielen is the better all around WR at this point. Brown is certainly a better YAC threat and freakish athlete, but doesn't seem like he has the all around skillset yet that Thielen has

• Like 1