Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL? (Part 2)

sammymvpknight

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

No I dont hate Kamara, i just dont think he has an argument to being the best. And now we have two people that says that he does but refuse to make it. Im open minded if someone could make a statistical, logic based argument for him being the best... I just dont think that exists... which may be why your hesitant to try and make one?

I didn't say he was. I said multiple guys have a legitimate argument. I don't care so I'm not going to engage with you about Kamara. No current NFL HB is head and shoulders above the others in terms of those elite guys IMO. Henry, to me, isn't head and shoulders above because he isn't the weapon in the passing game that CMC, Kamara or Barkley are. That doesn't mean I think its outrageous to put him at #1, I just don't think he has some massive lead.

10 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I didn't say he was. I said multiple guys have a legitimate argument. I don't care so I'm not going to engage with you about Kamara. No current NFL HB is head and shoulders above the others in terms of those elite guys IMO. Henry, to me, isn't head and shoulders above because he isn't the weapon in the passing game that CMC, Kamara or Barkley are. That doesn't mean I think its outrageous to put him at #1, I just don't think he has some massive lead.

So your stance is exactly what I said it was, why are you arguing? Youre saying kamara has a legitimate argument but youre refusing to make it. 

Seems extremely suspicious and odd, but to each their own. Im like 90% sure we had this same problem in the disaster thread that got locked as well. 

Edited by GSUeagles14

I love when a certain poster try to act "genuine" saying things like "just make an argument" and "Im open minded if someone could make a statistical, logic based argument for him being the best". However...That same poster basically asking for the same things when someone makes a valid argument on Michael Thomas in another thread (Best WR in the NFL thread) with Logic, Stats, and even Accolades. They cling to a single metric such as "adot" and can't budge on the claim that a guy has a legit argument for being considered the best in the league at their position. Then act like they have some sort of high ground when people don't want to engage with them since said person literally adds nothing to the discussion that is worthwhile.

36 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I love when a certain poster try to act "genuine" saying things like "just make an argument" and "Im open minded if someone could make a statistical, logic based argument for him being the best". However...That same poster basically asking for the same things when someone makes a valid argument on Michael Thomas in another thread (Best WR in the NFL thread) with Logic, Stats, and even Accolades. They cling to a single metric such as "adot" and can't budge on the claim that a guy has a legit argument for being considered the best in the league at their position. Then act like they have some sort of high ground when people don't want to engage with them since said person literally adds nothing to the discussion that is worthwhile.

i aint the boogeyman bruh, you can say my name. And whether you like it or not ADOT is a stat, and pretty telling one. But why are we talking about thomas? completely off topic. And this thread shouldnt be derailed by salt. 

As i mentioned, Im almost positive you refused to make an argument for kamara in the other thread once it got past like page 55. I believe @MookieMonstah joined you in that very odd stance.  you obviously care enough to keep saying hes "in the conversation" for being the best but you wont make an actual argument for it? I dont understand why someone so invested in kamara "being in the conversation" would do that. What stats are there to back up the argument, whats the logic behind it? Its time i moved past the hopes of getting an answer,  as anytime its abundantly clear kamara isnt in the conversation, you insist he is but decline to explain, that trend has gone on for well over a year.

35 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i aint the boogeyman bruh, you can say my name. And whether you like it or not ADOT is a stat, and pretty telling one. But why are we talking about thomas? completely off topic. And this thread shouldnt be derailed by salt. 

It's incredibly relevant to the matter at hand. Reread the post if you don't see why it relevant. I'm sure you already know why it is though and are just doing your normal GSUeagles "schtick", so I won't waste much more time with this.

As i mentioned, Im almost positive you refused to make an argument for kamara in the other thread once it got past like page 55. I believe @MookieMonstah joined you in that very odd stance.  you obviously care enough to keep saying hes "in the conversation" for being the best but you wont make an actual argument for it? I dont understand why someone so invested in kamara "being in the conversation" would do that. What stats are there to back up the argument, whats the logic behind it? Its time i moved past the hopes of getting an answer,  as anytime its abundantly clear kamara isnt in the conversation, you insist he is but decline to explain, that trend has gone on for well over a year.

I've given answers in these conversations in the past both in this thread and in the Michael Thomas one you continually asked for. Not going to waste time rehashing it. It's not an uncommon belief that Kamara has had consideration for being the best RB in the NFL, so it's hardly a hot take, and don't care to get into this back and forth with you. Literally like 3 weeks ago Kamara was leading the league in scrimmage yards and touchdowns. Not much more needs to be said.

Edited by tyler735

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I will honestly say that there is not another RB in the NFL I would trade Nick Chubb for. Thats not to discredit Kamara, Henry, Cook and McCaffrey I just dont think there is any other RB that can do what Chubb can do for the Browns. The dude is on pace for 1,200+ yards and 10 TDs in only 12 games played this year. He also has a insane 6.3 YPC

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GamedayGuru said:

Yes but guys like reddick and white don’t get the touches of dalvin or Henry but kamara does so it holds more weight. Regardless the only real way to tell is the eye test, not numbers. And the eye test tells me kamara is as good as any RB in the league, same goes for dalvin. Equally good just different. 

The point wasn’t to compare their total touches, the point is showing the massive discrepancy you’ll see when looking at yards per carry and yards per catch. Receivers and receiving backs virtually always have higher YPAs than running backs. Putting the two together and saying “shrug, yards are yards” is ignorant or deceptive.

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Every other forum I've ever been on, if some member recreates a thread that's been closed by a moderator, THEY GET BANNED. 

*blank stare*

Hmmm.

(I think this is a harmless continuation, and it's migrating into a legitimate discussion on the best RB in football. If the last thread was locked because of extreme trolling or something, I could see it - but this is a dust up, IMO. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further. Thanks!)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I will honestly say that there is not another RB in the NFL I would trade Nick Chubb for. Thats not to discredit Kamara, Henry, Cook and McCaffrey I just dont think there is any other RB that can do what Chubb can do for the Browns. The dude is on pace for 1,200+ yards and 10 TDs in only 12 games played this year. He also has a insane 6.3 YPC

Fair enough, I'd venture to say the same thing about Kamara. Only other guy that can offer similar versatility is McCaffrey. Watching Kamara make these kinds of plays with his rare combo of balance/explosiveness is just so fun to watch

42 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Fair enough, I'd venture to say the same thing about Kamara. Only other guy that can offer similar versatility is McCaffrey. Watching Kamara make these kinds of plays with his rare combo of balance/explosiveness is just so fun to watch

Yeah I just think we are beginning to blur the lines with RBs. Receiving RBs are becoming the new running QB. For instance there is a high gap between Kamara/McCaffrey and Chubb/Henry. They are completely different styles of RB so its incredibly hard to determine 'who is the better RB'. Its becoming such a broad term, like trying to compare Steph Curry and Shaq as 'who is the better basketball player. Who knows because they are 2 completely different types of player.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

So your stance is exactly what I said it was, why are you arguing? Youre saying kamara has a legitimate argument but youre refusing to make it. 

Seems extremely suspicious and odd, but to each their own. Im like 90% sure we had this same problem in the disaster thread that got locked as well. 

I just don’t care enough to argue with you about it for 5 pages bro. It’s really not that suspicious or odd. 

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah I just think we are beginning to blur the lines with RBs. Receiving RBs are becoming the new running QB. For instance there is a high gap between Kamara/McCaffrey and Chubb/Henry. They are completely different styles of RB so its incredibly hard to determine 'who is the better RB'. Its becoming such a broad term, like trying to compare Steph Curry and Shaq as 'who is the better basketball player. Who knows because they are 2 completely different types of player.

Exactly. 

On 11/30/2020 at 8:45 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Receiving RBs have been around forever. Guys like MArshall Faulk, Warrick Dunn, LaDanian Tomlinson, Tiki Barber, etc had been doing it for years. Now, they're just an integral part of the passing game for a lot of teams. And some have seen massive drop offs after losing their good ones.

On 11/30/2020 at 7:22 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Neither of those players won a title. I'd be embarrassed being compared to them. 🤭