Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL? (Part 2)

sammymvpknight

12 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

You’re probably right. As great as a receiver that Kamara is, I’m honestly probably underrating his rushing ability. I think you could break the RBs down into 3 different categories.

Elite Dual Threats(Can beat you rushing and receiving game in,game out)-CMC, Barkley, Kamara

Dual Threats(Not as much a receiving threat as above but still can hurt you there)-Zeke, Cook, A. Jones

Pure/Workhorse(Not known for their receiving skills but are elite rushers)-Henry, Chubb, Mixon, Jacobs

zeke is clearly a threat in the pass game as well. no way hes not in the first group. kamaras probably 3-4th right now in the middle og a hot streak, if his play drops off i might even put such exceptional runners above him like henry or cook.

11 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

zeke is clearly a threat in the pass game as well. no way hes not in the first group. kamaras probably 3-4th right now in the middle og a hot streak, if his play drops off i might even put such exceptional runners above him like henry or cook.

Of course that's your opinion of Kamara.  That being said he said that Zeke is a dual threat.  He's just not as much of a threat in the passing game as the 3 in the Elite Dual Threats category who are dominant in both categories, not just dominant in one and then very good in the other.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Raves said:

Of course that's your opinion of Kamara.  That being said he said that Zeke is a dual threat.  He's just not as much of a threat in the passing game as the 3 in the Elite Dual Threats category who are dominant in both categories, not just dominant in one and then very good in the other.

Yeah there is no way Zeke is in the same category as Kamara/McCaffrey in the passing game. Kamara is a better route runner, has better hands, and is more dangerous in terms of YAC. A prime example of Kamara being on a different level, was him torching a Lions CB for a big catch on 4th down yesterday.

A quarter of the way done with the season, and Alvin Kamara currently has:

557 yards from scrimmage (1st in NFL...2nd place has 464 yards from scrimmage)

4 rushing touchdowns (2nd in NFL)

3 receiving touchdowns (6th in NFL...Among all receivers)

7 total touchdowns (1st in NFL)

It has been fun watching him fully healthy again after playing through injuries last year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

A quarter of the way done with the season, and Alvin Kamara currently has:

557 yards from scrimmage (1st in NFL...2nd place has 464 yards from scrimmage)

4 rushing touchdowns (2nd in NFL)

3 receiving touchdowns (6th in NFL...Among all receivers)

7 total touchdowns (1st in NFL)

It has been fun watching him fully healthy again after playing through injuries last year.

Yeah, Kamara is nasty but these threads don’t help. People want him to fail just to prove you wrong lol.

Anyone with eyes knows Kamara is a top 5 HB without question. 

• Like 2

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah, Kamara is nasty but these threads don’t help. People want him to fail just to prove you wrong lol.

Anyone with eyes knows Kamara is a top 5 HB without question. 

Oh I'm well aware. If people can't get over themselves on this, it makes it that much more enjoyable for me lol

3 hours ago, Raves said:

i know you want an easy out but quite frankly you have no idea what youre talking about if you think im a kamara hater. want to take a guess at what high school i went to?

zeke is so much more productive in the run game and hes going to catch 60-80 balls for 500 yards or so. not kamara level but given the gap running i think its more than reasonable to have zeke in the first tier.

27 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Where did this myth of Kamara can’t run the ball come from? He’s averaged almost 5 YPC over his career. He’s got some of the best vision in the league. His running style reminds me a lot of Leveon Bell, he’s crazy patient. 

not sure why this needs to be said but kamara has never even had a 900 rushing yards in a year. hes simply no where near zeke.

unless you want to get in hypothetical land, in which case cook coukd hypothetically catch 100 balls.

39 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

not sure why this needs to be said but kamara has never even had a 900 rushing yards in a year. hes simply no where near zeke.

unless you want to get in hypothetical land, in which case cook coukd hypothetically catch 100 balls.

Your "hypothetical land" doesn't even come close to being equivalent.  It's one thing to make that comparison if Cook was on pace to hitting 100 receptions but missed time due to injury or was even getting targeted in the passing game to get close to those numbers, but the dude's highest season targets in a season was only 63 over 14 games, so unless he became Michael Thomas for the last 2 games getting 20+ targets he wouldn't even hit that benchmark.

Kamara has averaged the required yards over a large enough sample size to realistically think that if he had the number of required carries to hit the 900 yard mark he would with ease.  You don't magically go from over 4.5 ypc to dropping below 4 ypc in the next 10-30 carries it would need to hit 900+ yards.  For example his second year he had 193 carries and 883 yards while averaging 4.6 ypc.  Do you not think that he could've gotten those 17 yards in the next 7 carries which if it took him exactly 7 carries to hit 17 yards, that would've been put him at exactly 4.5 ypc, which is still a great mark for RBs to hit.

-edit-

Also just because you might've went to the same HS doesn't mean you have to like him.  Maybe he picked on you, slept with your significant other, maybe you just thought he was arrogant.

8 minutes ago, Raves said:

Your "hypothetical land" doesn't even come close to being equivalent.  It's one thing to make that comparison if Cook was on pace to hitting 100 receptions but missed time due to injury or was even getting targeted in the passing game to get close to those numbers, but the dude's highest season targets in a season was only 63 over 14 games, so unless he became Michael Thomas for the last 2 games getting 20+ targets he wouldn't even hit that benchmark.

Kamara has averaged the required yards over a large enough sample size to realistically think that if he had the number of required carries to hit the 900 yard mark he would with ease.  You don't magically go from over 4.5 ypc to dropping below 4 ypc in the next 10-30 carries it would need to hit 900+ yards.  For example his second year he had 193 carries and 883 yards while averaging 4.6 ypc.  Do you not think that he could've gotten those 17 yards in the next 7 carries which if it took him exactly 7 carries to hit 17 yards, that would've been put him at exactly 4.5 ypc, which is still a great mark for RBs to hit.

-edit-

Also just because you might've went to the same HS doesn't mean you have to like him.  Maybe he picked on you, slept with your significant other, maybe you just thought he was arrogant.

nope, way older than him...  so that wouldnt make sense. call it nostalgia but i root for guys where i went to school. if matt brieda ends up on the saints ill root for him too, but i wont overrate the player he  is.

and you really missed the point. cook has shown hes more than capable as a reciever, its not his fault thats hes in the offense hes in. the 900 yards thing is irrelevant, it was only to illustrate that kamaras rushing production is no where near zekes. if someone feels like kamara could do the same as zeke with enough opportity, it would be moot unless theyre willing to extend the same curtosy to other players

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

nope, way older than him...  so that wouldnt make sense. call it nostalgia but i root for guys where i went to school. if matt brieda ends up on the saints ill root for him too, but i wont overrate the player he  is.

and you really missed the point. cook has shown hes more than capable as a reciever, its not his fault thats hes in the offense hes in. the 900 yards thing is irrelevant, it was only to illustrate that kamaras rushing production is no where near zekes. if someone feels like kamara could do the same as zeke with enough opportity, it would be moot unless theyre willing to extend the same curtosy to other players

If that's your argument then it's still moot.  Most would agree that Zekes is the better pure runner, I think so too, Kamara isn't also an elite runner and just because he doesn't produce as much as Zeke in the run game, which is also primarily due to the number of carries he gets, doesn't mean Kamara isn't close to him in it.  I mean I could make the argument that since Zeke isn't close to as good as Kamara in the passing game it clearly puts him above Zeke.

And to your previous point of Zeke getting 60-80 for 500 yards, well Healthy Kamara gets you 81 for 700+ yards.  He's already at over 320 yards receiving on 30 catches this year as well as over 230 yards rushing on 50 carries.  Sure Zeke has about 40 more yards on the ground than Kamara, but that's on 20 more carries...

Zeke is great, I wished the Saints had a way to get him when came into the NFL, but Kamara is special with his ability to be a threat in both the passing and rushing game.