Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL? (Part 2)

sammymvpknight

On 10/5/2020 at 10:18 AM, tyler735 said:

A quarter of the way done with the season, and Alvin Kamara currently has:

557 yards from scrimmage (1st in NFL...2nd place has 464 yards from scrimmage)

4 rushing touchdowns (2nd in NFL)

3 receiving touchdowns (6th in NFL...Among all receivers)

7 total touchdowns (1st in NFL)

It has been fun watching him fully healthy again after playing through injuries last year.

He's the best RB in the NFL right now.  Like you said its great to see him healthy once again.  Hopefully he ups his rushing yards so he can have 1,000 yard rushing and 1,000 yard receiving season this year. 

On 10/5/2020 at 10:33 AM, GSUeagles14 said:

Elite Dual Threats(Can beat you rushing and receiving game in,game out)-CMC, Barkley, Kamara

Dual Threats(Not as much a receiving threat as above but still can hurt you there)-Zeke, Cook, A. Jones

Pure/Workhorse(Not known for their receiving skills but are elite rushers)-Henry, Chubb, Mixon, Jacobs

Barkley doesnt belong on the elite dual threat. I think he is great lining up as a RB and catching passes out of the backfield but CMC and Kamara you can line up as an outside WR and not see any drop off. Those two are in a class of their own IMO. I dont see that with Barkley's game. He belongs in the regular dual threat. Also Kareem Hunt belongs in that dual threat area as well

Edited by buno67

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Barkley doesnt belong on the elite dual threat. I think he is great lining up as a RB and catching passes out of the backfield but CMC and Kamara you can line up as an outside WR and not see any drop off. Those two are in a class of their own IMO. I dont see that with Barkley's game. He belongs in the regular dual threat. Also Kareem Hunt belongs in that dual threat area as well

that wasnt my post, but if you want to come up with such strict designations, kamara isnt the same runner that the others are. Right now, hes average 4.6 yards/carry and is on pace to finish with 900 yards. that simply isnt elite. Myabe there should be a 4th category where its good runner, elite pass catcher.

17 hours ago, VanS said:

He's the best RB in the NFL right now.  Like you said its great to see him healthy once again.  Hopefully he ups his rushing yards so he can have 1,000 yard rushing and 1,000 yard receiving season this year. 

one of the many, many stupid things. I need to stop posting here but he still has zero argument over CMC. Like none. 

And i though you didnt look at stats, now you want him to get more rushing yards?

3 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

one of the many, many stupid things. I need to stop posting here but he still has zero argument over CMC. Like none. 

And i though you didnt look at stats, now you want him to get more rushing yards?

Kamara is healthy this year and playing.  McCaffrey isn't.  Lets see if he's still the same after coming back from injury.  Last year Kamara's perception around the league was hurt cause he was battling nagging injuries all year long.

And the reason I want him to get 1,000+ rushing yards in addition to 1,000+ receiving is because I predicted he would do it before the draft in 2017.  It won't make me think any different of Alvin as a player.  As you point out I don't care about stats when it comes to determining how good a player is.  I'm just hoping for my prediction to come true.   

• 2 weeks later...