Horse Collar That Isnt and Officiating

dll2000

4 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Mostly because it doesn’t happen that often.   If more players did it the way Roy Williams was trademarking it,  you would have this list and more

Between all the pro leagues and college it probably happens hundreds of times every year. Its not an especially dangerous tackle, the rule only exist because 1 superstar got injured

Edited by LuckIsGOAT

6 hours ago, LuckIsGOAT said:

Between all the pro leagues and college it probably happens hundreds of times every year. Its not an especially dangerous tackle, the rule only exist because 1 superstar got injured

We’ll just agree to disagree on this one.  Cooper Kupp last year is a good example,  I’m sure I could find more if I cared enough to research it.  

9 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

The Saints player didn't get the jersey either. He grabbed the side of his pads and pulled him down. The penalty was called based on the way that the ball carrier fell, not where he was grabbed.

Okay. I was just answering the first question asked in the OP.

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

have ya heard of cause and effect before?

Honestly, have ANY of your friends been trampled to death by a wooly mammoth? If they were really that big and powerful, don't you think we'd hear about more people getting trampled?

18 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

I still maintain that Browns/Skins fumble the worst I’ve seen in the last decade or so. @HTTRDynasty probably has it.

Did the call stand? That's pretty bad, if so. 

That's a different flavor of inept from what happened in the Bears game, though. Bears hit Ryan (Hicks, I think), the ball comes out, a Bear picks it up, starts running, is going to get tackled, flips it behind him to another Bear, that Bear eventually gets tackled, brought down. The refs throw flags at the end of the play. Turns out they call two penalties. The first was for roughing the passer (and it clearly wasn't, and the refs should have blown the whole thing dead if it was), the second was for an illegal forward lateral (which, again, it clearly wasn't)--then they declared the penalties offset, and there was to be a replay of third down. That's right...offsetting penalties on the same team. The guy watching in New York straightened that last bit out, but holy crap is that all just pure incompetence. 

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Did the call stand? That's pretty bad, if so. 

That's a different flavor of inept from what happened in the Bears game, though. Bears hit Ryan (Hicks, I think), the ball comes out, a Bear picks it up, starts running, is going to get tackled, flips it behind him to another Bear, that Bear eventually gets tackled, brought down. The refs throw flags at the end of the play. Turns out they call two penalties. The first was for roughing the passer (and it clearly wasn't, and the refs should have blown the whole thing dead if it was), the second was for an illegal forward lateral (which, again, it clearly wasn't)--then they declared the penalties offset, and there was to be a replay of third down. That's right...offsetting penalties on the same team. The guy watching in New York straightened that last bit out, but holy crap is that all just pure incompetence. 

I think the Browns play might take it for blindness, but the play you described takes the crown for absolute ineptness...

• Like 1