NFCN 2020 Rivals

dll2000

8 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Lions have begun cleaning house by firing Patricia and Quinn.  Gotta imagine Stafford is playing his last season in Detroit.

I'm not sure about that. Stafford has a dead cap hit of $24M if he's released or $14M if he's traded next offseason.

He's still only 32 years old and a pretty good QB. Lions would be dumb to move on IMO. He's not the problem.

If he's available though I wouldn't mind Bears taking a look.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'm not sure about that. Stafford has a dead cap hit of $24M if he's released or $14M if he's traded next offseason.

He's still only 32 years old and a pretty good QB. Lions would be dumb to move on IMO. He's not the problem.

Yep, just got done talking about his dead cap in another thread.

DET has a ton of problems but Stafford isn't one IMO. At minimum he is the guy that allows you to take a big swing in the 2nd on a high ceiling/low floor prospect and try to develop him.

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

For some reason i imagined him being older than 32.  Do you know how many years he has left on his deal?  I’d be trying to trade him if im The new Detroit GM.  He may not be the problem, but he’s not going to be the solution either.  San Fran and Indy are two teams that immediately come to Mind as contenders needing a QB.  NO and PIT as possible retirement replacement spots as well.  That said, for a $14m cap hit, the compensation would have to be pretty damn good. Their new GM will come into a spot with a lot of flexibility and low expectations.....but it’s still the Detroit Lions...