Week 4: VIKINGS (0-3) at Texans (0-3)

swede700

15 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Cousins, with the game on the line, yet again failed to make it count with his last pass.

I’ll completely disagree with this. The receiver (Thielen) needs to do a better job adjusting to the ball. Thielen made the same mistake last week on a ball thrown into the endzone, and it was a similar throw that Jefferson successfully made the adjustment to earlier in the game. 

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

This season is all about moral victories. Green Bay is probably going to be elite again so I'll take whatever I can get haha

Unfortunately, the Vikings are going to coast to a 6 or 7 win season, be way out of contention for Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields and be stuck with Kirk Cousins for another year.

30 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’ll completely disagree with this. The receiver (Thielen) needs to do a better job adjusting to the ball. Thielen made the same mistake last week on a ball thrown into the endzone, and it was a similar throw that Jefferson successfully made the adjustment to earlier in the game. 

Agreed. If Thielen tries to work back to the ball it’s an easy DPI. 

31 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Unfortunately, the Vikings are going to coast to a 6 or 7 win season, be way out of contention for Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields and be stuck with Kirk Cousins for another year.

I like your optimism for a division rival. I just don’t see 6 to 7 wins right now. You saw my other post about starting 1-7 so we’ll see what happens. 

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

so did the removal of Smith have an actual impact on the points Houston scored?

asking for a friend.

"so did the removal of Smith have a hypothetical impact on the points Houston scored?" would be a more accurate way of asking that question. because none of us know what would have actually happened in an alternate (and ultimately irrelevant) situation.

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Our defense isn’t great. But they’re not Dallas bad. Woof!

If Dallas wouldn't have had such good luck on that on-side kick vs. Atlanta, they'd be 0-4 now, and even behind the hapless Washington disaster of a team!  😎

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

so did the removal of Smith have an actual impact on the points Houston scored?

asking for a friend.

13 minutes ago, whitehops said:

"so did the removal of Smith have a hypothetical impact on the points Houston scored?" would be a more accurate way of asking that question. because none of us know what would have actually happened in an alternate (and ultimately irrelevant) situation.

I think if he’s in on the TD to the corner of the end zone that doesn’t happen. Texans, may go on to score a different way that drive though. 

28 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I think if he’s in on the TD to the corner of the end zone that doesn’t happen. Texans, may go on to score a different way that drive though. 

Either of Houston’s touchdowns likely don’t happen on the plays that they did if Smith is in the game. Both came on Iloka’s mental lapses. 

Edited by SemperFeist