Week 4 GDT: CLE @ DAL

D82

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I just think it would be easier to fix the defense if we could actually afford FAs for once, and didn’t have to let all our talented defenders walk in FA

I might agree a bit but just who did we let go and not resign a replacement who is doing a better job .  The CB Jones is the only one and we drafted his replacement.  The problem right now with this D is DLaw one of those FA we signed to a big deal sucks.  The two starting LB one if which we signed to a big deal the other is hurt Suck. And we have too many injuries to our expected starters 

Just now, quiller said:

I might agree a bit but just who did we let go and not resign a replacement who is doing a better job .  The CB Jones is the only one and we drafted his replacement.  The problem right now with this D is DLaw one of those FA we signed to a big deal sucks.  The two starting LB one if which we signed to a big deal the other is hurt Suck. And we have too many injuries to our expected starters 

People need to get it through their heads that Lawrence isn't a problem. He may not put up the sacks but it's no coincidence that the last few guys we've brought in to play RDE have feasted (Smith/Quinn). Our interior DL has been a weakness for a while though I like what I'm seeing from Hill this year, Smith had one good year in 2018 and got paid...and I don't know if it's the money or something else but his play has massively fallen off since. LVE I'd give a pass to for at least another year. We have a young secondary and it's been plagued by injury. Our safeties are terrible and have been for a long time and the front office just seems to flat out refuse to address the position. 

12 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

So....Elliott fumbles, defense blows and you want to get rid of our QB?

You.... do know the QB fumbled too.... right?

you do realize he gets paid $20m more per year than Elliott right? He also had a pick dropped and caught by Lamb. Looks great on the stats sheet but was a terrible throw. He isn’t terrible but he isn’t perfect like you think, and we need help everywhere. He isn’t enough to overcome the rest of our deficiencies so paying him like he is will just get you the same results

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1