Jurell Casey seriously injured, season in doubt

paul-mac

1 minute ago, broncos67 said:

Lmao this is just a comedy at this point. Casey, Jones, Miller, Bouye, Lock, Sutton, Lindsay, James (via opt out), I mean this is just a complete tire fire.

Yep.  With the injuries this team is just not going to be good this year. 

40 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

This has long term implications as well. All these injuries will give Fangio a free pass this year. A lot of people are rightfully concerned that he just isn't head coach material and now we're going to have to wait yet another season to find out. 

They can’t make another coaching change. The injuries give them an out, especially if they finish even somewhat strongly. 

The team needs to be sold. Ellis, Elway and Russell need to go and if Brittany Bowlen is going to be the new owner she’s totally beholden to them and that’s not what we need.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1234567 said:

This has long term implications as well. All these injuries will give Fangio a free pass this year. A lot of people are rightfully concerned that he just isn't head coach material and now we're going to have to wait yet another season to find out. 

Well, like every cloud, this one has a silver lining. A lot of players that would never have seen the field will be getting significant playing time.That should go a long way towards adding quality depth when our starters return.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

They can’t make another coaching change. The injuries give them an out, especially if they finish even somewhat strongly. 

The team needs to be sold. Ellis, Elway and Russell need to go and if Brittany Bowlen is going to be the new owner she’s totally beholden to them and that’s not what we need.

And this isn't a coaching issue. I mean I know you hate Fangio (and every other coach we've had since Shanahan) but we need to be honest about what the current issue is. This isn't like one player got hurt. We're talking significant, season ending or long-term injuries to some of the best players on the team at the same time. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

And this isn't a coaching issue. I mean I know you hate Fangio (and every other coach we've had since Shanahan) but we need to be honest about what the current issue is. This isn't like one player got hurt. We're talking significant, season ending or long-term injuries to some of the best players on the team at the same time. 

It kind of is though. The 49ers have also faced the injury bug and they're thriving