2020 Week #7 GDT Steelers at Titans

Steeler Hitman

20 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

Pretty funny we led 27-7 and I still feel like we robbed Tennessee.

Kind of agree, but we robbed ourselves more than them.   That dropped TD by Johnson almost killed us, and that long AJ Brown TD was just garbage by Minkah.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, August4th said:

seems like the offense got less creative in the 2nd half...

Yes.  Getting way too conservative and leaning on the defense to hold up.  The random disappearance of the reverse and jet sweeps is mystifying, Claypool going in the doghouse for what was a good defensive play, and overtargeting of Juju/Johnson almost killed us.

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Only on one play.  End of the first half was nothing to me.  The other pick was not on him at all.

true

thinking back..ben played well. better then what his stats will show. the last pic and the hail Mary pick were his only bad plays(I think they could of went for 3 if he dumped it off for 10 yards instead of throwing it in endzone)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

true

thinking back..ben played well. better then what his stats will show. the last pic and the hail Mary pick were his only bad plays(I think they could of went for 3 if he dumped it off for 10 yards instead of throwing it in endzone)

I don't even count the hail mary pick as a bad play.  Time expired and he was looking at points or nothing.  Giving the ball back to them to start the second half it had no benefit to not throw it.  The smarter play call would have been a quick screen to Juju or Claypool and tell them to get OB quick.  Even if it was a 50 yard attempt you gotta run Boswell out there.  I think getting points there would have been the dagger.

• Like 3

This game was 2 plays from staying a blowout.  We tip a pass on 3rd and long that ends up complete for a 1st and leads to points.  They tip a pass on the start of our drive that gets picked off and leads to more points.  2 tipped passes that if they fall to the ground is a 10 point difference. 

• Like 4

Heres my mock:

1.     Samuel Cosmi     Texas        OT
2.     Jamie Newman     Georgia    QB
3.     Chase Lucas     Arizona St    CB
4.     Glen Logan     LSU        NT
5.     Anthony Hines Texas A&M    OLB