So it begins, do the Bears draft a 1st round QB in 2021?

dafreak

Aiming for Dak would be a horrible move for the franchise, whether we can afford it or not. 

He's not good enough to win a Lombardi and I'm sick of this team constantly striving for mediocrity. We need to aim higher if we're ever crawling out of the basement and into contention. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Lance scares me.

We already botched the development of one raw QB prospect.

We would also likely need to trade up for him.

He's thrown an incredibly low amount of actual passes as well. His offense and using him as a designed runner constantly when he's the best athlete on the field in his division is what scares me.  You have to hope he's going to be a Lamar Jackson hybrid runner guy.... that won't get injured, and can develop into a guy who literally throws the ball at double the rate or more than he currently does.

5 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Dak would be the best QB the Bears have had in my lifetime, but financially impossible almost. We have to go young at QB to make it work and not gut the team IMO. 

Dak is not a bad QB, but he is also not a franchise QB and that's what we need. Franchise QBs can elevate the skill players around them and I haven't ever seen Dak do that yet. 

Dak in this offense would fall apart quickly. We don't have an elite OL and one of the best Rbs in football to help mask his mistakes. Signing him would be Cutler 2.0 IMO. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Dak is not a bad QB, but he is also not a franchise QB and that's what we need. Franchise QBs can elevate the skill players around them and I haven't ever seen Dak do that yet. 

Dak in this offense would fall apart quickly. We don't have an elite OL and one of the best Rbs in football to help mask his mistakes. Signing him would be Cutler 2.0 IMO. 

I'm against the signing too, my comment was more about the Bears bar for QBs being set really low. I still think he would be the best we've had but I want to aim higher too. Yes the draft picks are different year to year and previous Bears picks are totally independent of each other, but I just get a damned if you do, damned if you don't feeling with QBs in Chicago. 

This offense is going to make it hard for any non-elite QB to succeed. Hopefully Pace and Nagy figure it out soon or get replaced with someone that does.  

Dak is very good. 

He is currently throwing for 400 yards a game with 3 backup OLmen playing and no starting TE.

I would pay for Dak. This team cannot draft and develop a QB and if Nagy and Pace stay that is even more so the case. 

Dak will also never leave Dallas, you cannot let a 5000 yard passer hit free agency.

Haskins anyone?  We know how this usually goes but to me it seems like they are giving up on him way too early in Washington.  

I would offer them a mid round pick or two and take a flier on him since he's still under cheap control for the next 3 seasons.

Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Haskins anyone?  We know how this usually goes but to me it seems like they are giving up on him way too early in Washington.  

I would offer them a mid round pick or two and take a flier on him since he's still under cheap control for the next 3 seasons.

Thoughts?

Why not. We are beggars not choosers.

He did not get a real shot in Washington.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Why not. We are beggars not choosers.

He did not get a real shot in Washington.

Pace has to do something.  They've already resigned themselves to Trubisky not being the answer and they won't pay him to come back next season to give it another shot, so he's as good as gone.

I also don't think the team will be in a position to draft a prospect that was better than Haskins was coming into the NFL come next April without having to trade away multiple years of draft picks to move up 10-15 spots, and I really do not want Pace doing that for a change. If anything we need to trade down and start accumulating more good and cheap depth.

The only other guy that I would take a flier on is Darnold because Jets may very well be taking a QB in the top-5 next year, which would make him expendable, but he only has 1-year left on his rookie deal..so I don't know...

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Pace has to do something.  They've already resigned themselves to Trubisky not being the answer and they won't pay him to come back next season to give it another shot, so he's as good as gone.

I also don't think the team will be in a position to draft a prospect that was better than Haskins was coming into the NFL come next April without having to trade away multiple years of draft picks to move up 10-15 spots, and I really do not want Pace doing that for a change. If anything we need to trade down and start accumulating more good and cheap depth.

The only other guy that I would take a flier on is Darnold because Jets may very well be taking a QB in the top-5 next year, which would make him expendable, but he only has 1-year left on his rookie deal..so I don't know...

My biggest fear is that Pace is going to mortgage a bunch of picks in future years to make a move up for Fields or Lance and leave the next guy with little to work with.

That is what I would do.

Fields is a stud-I keep my job.

Fields sucks-I am not going to be here when the bill is due.

24 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

My biggest fear is that Pace is going to mortgage a bunch of picks in future years to make a move up for Fields or Lance and leave the next guy with little to work with.

That is what I would do.

Fields is a stud-I keep my job.

Fields sucks-I am not going to be here when the bill is due.

Fields won't be a stud if he has no one to protect his blindside or block for him and whoever the RB is.

If you are mortgaging a bunch of picks for a QB then you are also minimizing the amount of talent you can surround that player with.  

See Cutler and the Mack trades this franchise has made.  I love having Mack but having him doesn't make the offense any better.

Pace IMO is not going to be any more successful here by making such a foolish move.

Maybe they should actually look to trade ARob for a 1st by this year's deadline if their intention is to draft a QB high.

Edited by topwop1

38 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Fields won't be a stud if he has no one to protect his blindside or block for him and whoever the RB is.

If you are mortgaging a bunch of picks for a QB then you are also minimizing the amount of talent you can surround that player with.  

See Cutler and the Mack trades this franchise has made.  I love having Mack but having him doesn't make the offense any better.

Pace IMO is not going to be any more successful here by making such a foolish move.

Maybe they should actually look to trade ARob for a 1st by this year's deadline if their intention is to draft a QB high.

QBs sell hope. We will be picking a QB at some point early. How bad the season goes will likely determine how high we are going at QB. There is 0 chance they roll into a season on the hot seat with only Foles.

They will talk themselves into finding a 3rd OT that can contribute or another Ifedi, if they have to.