So it begins, do the Bears draft a 1st round QB in 2021?

dafreak

I would prefer the bears not rush into another QB this year.  They could use a year of drafting position players.  We need help on the Oline bad (3 out 5 positions could be upgraded).  We could use help at DT and I could see a ARob break up.  

Factor in the Bears success is not due to talent but a weak strength of schedule. In 2021 they will play strong strength of schedule and regress back to the mean.  The bear will be in a better position in the 2022 draft to make a move for QB.     

17 minutes ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

I would prefer the bears not rush into another QB this year.  They could use a year of drafting position players.  We need help on the Oline bad (3 out 5 positions could be upgraded).  We could use help at DT and I could see a ARob break up.  

Factor in the Bears success is not due to talent but a weak strength of schedule. In 2021 they will play strong strength of schedule and regress back to the mean.  The bear will be in a better position in the 2022 draft to make a move for QB.     

Then that guy is ready to compete in 2023? The defense will be in a home by then.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Eventually that kind of stuff ends though. Schools who produce QB's have busts. Schools that usually don't produce QB's sometimes do. It's all a crap shoot. If they had a chance at Fields I'm definitely not going to worry about Dwayne Haskins' career so far and try to relate the two

Not just Haskins. Remember Cardell Jones.  He looked like trash in the XFL early this year.  OSU system doesn’t translate to the PROs.  Fields scares me.    

Edited by 41st ward Chicagoian

27 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Then that guy is ready to compete in 2023? The defense will be in a home by then.

My biggest problem with the “go and get your guy” mentality is with the bears more than likely it will be the wrong guy (see 2017 draft) and you’ll trade away so many picks that you’ll cripple the organization for 5 years.  I just want the bears to take an organic approach and not force something that will cost 2 or 3 firsts and a couple of seconds to draft the new Mitch Trubisky.  Call me cynical but I don’t trust the bears at all to 1. Draft the right player and 2. Develop a QB to elite status.  

3 minutes ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

My biggest problem with the “go and get your guy” mentality is with the bears more than likely it will be the wrong guy (see 2017 draft) and you’ll trade away so many picks that you’ll cripple the organization for 5 years.  I just want the bears to take an organic approach and not force something that will cost 2 or 3 firsts and a couple of seconds to draft the new Mitch Trubisky.  Call me cynical but I don’t trust the bears at all to 1. Draft the right player and 2. Develop a QB to elite status.  

I do not trust them, but it does not matter.

We are not winning anything that matters with Foles.

2 hours ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

Not just Haskins. Remember Cardell Jones.  He looked like trash in the XFL early this year.  OSU system doesn’t translate to the PROs.  Fields scares me.    

So what? That's 2 guys. Jones was a 3rd round pick or something.

Were there any good QB's in the NFL that came from Clemson? Maybe the Jets should pass on Lawrence. How about Texas Tech before Mahomes?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

So what? That's 2 guys. Jones was a 3rd round pick or something.

Were there any good QB's in the NFL that came from Clemson? Maybe the Jets should pass on Lawrence. How about Texas Tech before Mahomes?

It the entire program.  Mike Tomczak is the only one that was any good at the pros and he was a solid bench warmer for the bears.   

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-ohio-state-buckeyes-quarterbacks/ranker-college-football

4 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I wonder how many front offices considering Lance will use Mitch as a cautionary tale when discussing his experience level

Lance is far more athletically gifted than Trubisky. I think that'll bypass a lot of those types of arguments. I'm not saying that it SHOULD...just that it will

3 hours ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

As for Fields. He scares me because when has OSU ever produced a good NFL Pro.  I’m just not sold on OSU QB’s. 

A big part of that is OSU's recruiting history. Things have changed. 

Jones should have never climbed the boards the way he did. In the end, he wasn't even drafted very high. 

Question for the group 

What are the odds that Lawrence bucks the Jets and pulls and Elway/Eli? 

Do you think there is any possibility that the Jets pick fields over Lawrence? 

There's a chance the Jets don't go QB at all. At least, early...

13 minutes ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

Big D Nick is 4-2 in the playoffs with a Super Bowl win.  

Small sample size. He has also never played a full season or been good as a long term starter.

He is bad right now.

He wasn’t even that good prior to the playoff run.

Edited by WindyCity

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Rule 1: You don’t build around Nick Foles.

who said anything about building around nick foles. I am talking about using him as a two year bridge QB.  Not letting Pace blow 3 1st rounders on Trading up for Trey Lance and drafting a QB in 2022 draft when we’ll have a top 10 pick after a let down 2021 season.  If were really lucky Foles will  bomb so hard in 2021 that both Pace and Nagy get fired.