So it begins, do the Bears draft a 1st round QB in 2021?

dafreak

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We are all in agreement that Foles sucks now? 

2021 cannot be ride or die with Foles.

I said Foles was playing bad ever since the Colts game.  He needs a very good OL to be effective because of his immobility which is why I was surprised Nagy yanked Mitch so early, even though you will argue he sucks too.

I think Foles will be back in 2021 barring something crazy but he should really only be there in a Ryan Fitzpatrick holding down the fort until a rookie is ready role.

16 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I said Foles was playing bad ever since the Colts game.  He needs a very good OL to be effective because of his immobility which is why I was surprised Nagy yanked Mitch so early, even though you will argue he sucks too.

I think Foles will be back in 2021 barring something crazy but he should really only be there in a Ryan Fitzpatrick holding down the fort until a rookie is ready role.

Foles will be here, if he is the #1 option we are screwed.

The real nail in the coffin will be when Biscuit is playing for some one else next season, and the OC actually works around his limitations and with his strengths, and he ends up looking like a decent qb. 

We should still get rid of him, as he's not a franchise guy, and can't handle the mental part of the game, but it's become quite clear that this offensive unit, play calling, sheme, and coaching haven't done him any favors.. Hilariously he probably would have done better with Fox still as the hc. 

1 hour ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

If you dislike Pace than Foles is your guy. Foles 2021 mean NFL Black Monday will be productive for the bears.  

I don’t want to waste an entire year to get something that should happen this season.

I am not getting younger.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

I don’t want to waste an entire year to get something that should happen this season.

I am not getting younger.

I honestly think next season is a waste already. With the irregular offseason and starting off 5-1, I think it bought them next season.

3 hours ago, Epyon said:

The real nail in the coffin will be when Biscuit is playing for some one else next season, and the OC actually works around his limitations and with his strengths, and he ends up looking like a decent qb. 

We should still get rid of him, as he's not a franchise guy, and can't handle the mental part of the game, but it's become quite clear that this offensive unit, play calling, sheme, and coaching haven't done him any favors.. Hilariously he probably would have done better with Fox still as the hc. 

Pace was a year too late.  Aside from drafting the wrong QB he hired the wrong coach and instead should have hired Kyle Shanahan a year earlier instead of keeping Fox on for one more season.

If he does that then who knows maybe they do draft Mahomes and the rest is history.  God I hate this team sometimes.

And FWIW I actually think that Trubisky played better under Fox/Loggains in his rookie year with less weapons around him then he did any other time under Nagy outside of that 4 game stretch in 2018.

Backwards *** plan leads to backward *** results.

Edited by topwop1

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Pace was a year too late.  Aside from drafting the wrong QB he hired the wrong coach and instead should have hired Kyle Shanahan a year earlier instead of keeping Fox on for one more season.

If he does that then who knows maybe they do draft Mahomes and the rest is history.  God I hate this team sometimes.

And FWIW I actually think that Trubisky played better under Fox/Loggains in his rookie year with less weapons around him then he did any other time under Nagy outside of that 4 game stretch in 2018.

Backwards *** plan leads to backward *** results.

I have a terrible sinking feeling that we're going to do the exact same thing next year....

Draft a QB high, while keeping Pace and Nagy...

Foles starts the season, the offense still looks like crap..... Rookie gets the start ~week 8-10..... McCaskies are forced to fire everyone after next year.

Rookie QB is forced into a situation with a new HC/OC (and this time GM) in his second year and we are stuck rebuilding the offense over the next few years while the the defense ages out and falls apart.

Edited by Epyon

18 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I have a terrible sinking feeling that we're going to do the exact same thing next year....

Foles starts the season, the offense still looks like crap..... Rookie gets the start ~week 8-10..... McCaskies are forced to fire everyone after next year.

Rookie QB is forced into a situation with a new HC/OC (and this time GM) in his second year and we are stuck rebuilding the offense over the next few years while the the defense ages out and falls apart.

Yup probably. This organization can never seem to lay out a plan that actually makes sense

21 hours ago, Epyon said:

To be fair, the great players can transcend situations like that. There's no one-size-fit-all approach to grooming a young QB. What's most important is finding the guy and the Bears simply haven't found him.

Nothing Ryan Pace did on offense this year made any sense.

-You give Jimmy Graham 9 million so he can waddle around the field and not block anyone and then spend a 2nd round pick on a kid who can catch and block that doesn't get to play.

-You bring in a statue of a QB with a crap OL.

What the hell sort of nonsense is that.

• Like 2