So it begins, do the Bears draft a 1st round QB in 2021?

dafreak

13 minutes ago, jumbo said:

I don’t see how the team would have cap space to replace them both when Leno has two years left on his deal. Massie maybe gets replaced but it would cost resigning ARob or getting another starter. 
I get the sentiment though. 

Basically you have to go one cheap FA and one high pick and roll with them. You save money replacing them but still.

15 minutes ago, jumbo said:

I don’t see how the team would have cap space to replace them both when Leno has two years left on his deal. Massie maybe gets replaced but it would cost resigning ARob or getting another starter. 
I get the sentiment though. 

Their deals are both structured so the Bears can cut them loose after this season. Leno has literally been so bad that replacing him shouldn't be a problem. In fact, I find it REALLY hard to believe that someone on the Bears current roster couldn't outperform Leno. Why this hasn't been attempted is baffling, to put nicely. 

• Like 2

I don't want a new quarterback until they have a new offense.  This proves its not the just quarterback, it's not just the OL, receivers or backs. It's the entire scheme itself that's awful. I have a feeling we're about to find out it wasn't  Trubisky who sucked it was Nagy

1 hour ago, GBHalas said:

I don't want a new quarterback until they have a new offense.  This proves its not the just quarterback, it's not just the OL, receivers or backs. It's the entire scheme itself that's awful. I have a feeling we're about to find out it wasn't  Trubisky who sucked it was Nagy

Some of us have figured this out long before it made the news. 

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Unless Andy Reid is calling the shots this offense is trash.

This is why I wouldn't be too keen on hiring Eric Bieniemy if I'm looking for a HC this offseason

Reid would improve this offense but it would still suck. It makes me wonder if he could have developed Tru though, sad to say we missed out on that.

Exactly why I think Bieniemy is nothing more than another Nagy. The guys might like him but Reid is the brains of that offense.

8 minutes ago, G08 said:

This system sucks unless it's run by Andy Reid.

The system is used virtually everywhere.  It's not the system.  What makes the system work in KC is that Andy Reid is unbelievable at adapting his offense to his players.  Pederson did an excellent job of that when he was forced to replace Wentz with Foles, and it has undeniably been Nagys biggest failure as HC.  In 2018 the offense was constantly evolving.  Lots of motion/misdirection.  WRs were running wide open.   When Tru hurt his shoulder it became a closer to the LOS offense.  Lots of dink and dunk.  High % throws.  When Tru was hurt in the playoff game and his legs could not be effective, he kept him in the pocket.  Since then Nagy has been trying to force a square peg on a round hole.

11 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Unless Andy Reid is calling the shots this offense is trash.

This is why I wouldn't be too keen on hiring Eric Bieniemy if I'm looking for a HC this offseason

Andy Reid has been an average coach for a long time before he got Mahomes. The offense is very pass heavy with so many formations it's hard to execute. Give me someone from the Shannahn tree. The offense is easier to run and makes QBs look good. 

Does Reid win a championship if he didn't get Mahomes? Probably not.