So it begins, do the Bears draft a 1st round QB in 2021?

dafreak

15 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I'm OK if the Bears trade up for Wilson. If they do I would also be OK with them clearing cap by trading away a defensive star or two, so they could add FA OL help, and I would further be OK if the rest of their draft was OT, OT, OG, OG, OT

OL to me MUST have one (at least, usually just one though) pick in the top 4 rounds every year, exception may only be with severely limited draft capital for that year.

There is always a need to develop young talent there, and adding depth on the line is never a bad thing.

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

OL to me MUST have one (at least, usually just one though) pick in the top 4 rounds every year, exception may only be with severely limited draft capital for that year.

There is always a need to develop young talent there, and adding depth on the line is never a bad thing.

Concur!  If you more or less ignore OL and instead draft TE, CB, RB etc, well, you know.

Also, watching Trask move around to extend a play is painful,  it's like watching a loose tire glide down the highway, you are just waiting for bad things to happen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Concur!  If you more or less ignore OL and instead draft TE, CB, RB etc, well, you know.

Also, watching Trask move around to extend a play is painful,  it's like watching a loose tire glide down the highway, you are just waiting for bad things to happen

Agree.

LIES! Did you see the spin move he pulled to get out of the pocket? He possesses the technique of a dancing gorilla, the agility of a dizzy panda, the feet of a dude with big feet!

I get the feeling that the next Bears QB will be Kyle Trask.

This guy is going to win the Heisman and probably be the 4th QB drafted. That's crazy.

For as bleak as things have looked this year with the offense there is some hope that the team will be able to snag a good QB prospect this coming draft without having to give up the farm in a trade up.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2020 at 7:13 PM, topwop1 said:

I get the feeling that the next Bears QB will be Kyle Trask.

This guy is going to win the Heisman and probably be the 4th QB drafted. That's crazy.

For as bleak as things have looked this year with the offense there is some hope that the team will be able to snag a good QB prospect this coming draft without having to give up the farm in a trade up.

Nobody knows how good any of these guys are going to be until you see them in live action. I expected Hebert to be awful, yet without any first team reps the guy is balling out. You just don't really know. Keep drafting QBs until you hit on a guy and then keep drafting again in case he tanks.

Philly has Jalen Hurts right now as a backup to Wentz. We never have back up options. This is why I'm so against giving away draft capital for any player no matter how elite. It always bites you in the butt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nads786 said:

Nobody knows how good any of these guys are going to be until you see them in live action. I expected Hebert to be awful, yet without any first team reps the guy is balling out. You just don't really know. Keep drafting QBs until you hit on a guy and then keep drafting again in case he tanks.

Philly has Jalen Hurts right now as a backup to Wentz. We never have back up options. This is why I'm so against giving away draft capital for any player no matter how elite. It always bites you in the butt.

I also didn't think much of Herbert from his college tape.  I knew he had a big time arm but I didn't like his decision making, and I thought the same thing of Josh Allen too the year he was drafted.  Turns out I don't know much about the QB position...so maybe the Bears should hire me? 😆

That said being a GM in this league is tough, very tough, and even more so when it comes to evaluating the most important position of them all.

I do agree with you that there are no excuses when it comes to not drafting enough at that position.. especially considering when they don't have an elite talent already there.  When Pace first took this job he said that ideally he would like to be able to draft a QB every year but he has just one pick to show for it in Mitch.  That's simply not good enough.

Imo  Tag and Trade Robinson, Trade Hicks, Trade Goldman.... see what you can get for Anthony Miller too.

Extend McCullers to replace Goldman, use whatever picks we gain from the above as capital to trade up for Wilson, revamp the OL, and if we still have picks, grab an ILB and a speedier WR or Two. Cap savings gets invested in either OL, upside ILB, or upside DL

I'd also call Arizona about getting Andy Isabella-WR if the price was right.

Edited by Epyon

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

Franchise ARob, trade him to NYJ for Darnold so Lawrence has a #1 and #2 with Mims. Grab an OT with our first, and either a WR or another OL with our second.

I'd rather have a comp pick than Darnold if those were my only two options. Losing ARob for a poor one year rental seems like a step down from the Foles trade. 

• Like 2

The ARob to NYJ thing might actually be a possibility if he's not back with Bears and Pace is still GM.

For one Pace knows Jets GM Joe Douglas well since he worked here under Pace for a little bit and ARob is represented by agent Brandon Parker of Vayner Sports, which if you know was started by famous internet marketer Gary V, who is also a huge Jets fan.

If Robinson is not in Chicago he probably wants to be in another big market where he can market himself and his charitable foundation.

Plus the Jets have boatloads of cap space and draft picks to make it happen.

28 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Who'd say no to the Jets late 1st round pick (formerly of Seattle) for ARob in a tag and trade?

I know I wouldn't for an offense that desperately needs to rebuild itself and snag a young and talented QB.

The Jets. They know we can’t afford to keep him on the tag. My guess is it would be closer to 3(64) and a 2022 pick.