So it begins, do the Bears draft a 1st round QB in 2021?

dafreak

I heard recently that Trubisky has a win-loss record of about 25-12 as a starter for the Bears.  I never would have guessed that.  Mitch has some things about his game that aren't all that "pretty," but that record has to make your decision about him that much harder.  Somehow he seems to get the job done when he's on the field for the Bears. 

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I heard recently that Trubisky has a win-loss record of about 25-12 as a starter for the Bears.  I never would have guessed that.  Mitch has some things about his game that aren't all that "pretty," but that record has to make your decision about him that much harder.  Somehow he seems to get the job done when he's on the field for the Bears. 

Yep. That is the hard part. Clearly he can win with a good defense but is that worth the massive second deal? Eventually there wont be enough money to spread around and more will be put on his shoulders to win. That is where I think he will fail. Nagy did him no favors in his time here though, and that is one of the primary reasons for my dislike of him. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Who is the better Bears QB - Mitch Trubisky or Rex Grossman?  Who would you rather have leading the offense?

Tru. 100% Tru. 

Tru has a bad game he knows it and becomes a dink and dunk guy to just try to manage the offense. Rex would try to throw himself out of it, often predictably trying bombs repeatedly. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Tru. 100% Tru. 

Tru has a bad game he knows it and becomes a dink and dunk guy to just try to manage the offense. Rex would try to throw himself out of it, often predictably trying bombs repeatedly. 

It's Trubisky, it's not even close. Rex's game went to **** once he tore his ACL and then broke his ankle. Whatever little pocket mobility he had was gonezo.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Was Brees a bust for San Diego? 

No.  

If I recall Brees first showed he was good in same year they drafted Rivers really high and then to add to that Drew had a massive should injury that raised legit questions about his future.  

So letting him go was a foregone conclusion.   Just way things worked out.   

Had San Diego not drafted Rivers in top 10 that year he probably gets another contract even with shoulder and who knows what would have happened.      Or had he not hurt his shoulder maybe they also stick with him.  Probably not, but maybe.   They just had a high pick and went with a QB who was also really good.   

He went to New Orleans and rest is history.   He is in HOF as one of best ever. 

But to answer your question, he performed for San Diego enough that he is not a bust.  But for San Diego he was mostly disappointing or meh aside from the one season.  But one season showed he could be a good  player in league if you won the gamble on that shoulder.  

Not comparable situation to Haskins who got cut in season due to poor play, bad attitude and dumb behavior.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Who is the better Bears QB - Mitch Trubisky or Rex Grossman?  Who would you rather have leading the offense?

Rex was a guy you want leading your flag football team.   Accurate and strong arm in shorts and T.  Be a HOFer in that game if there was one.   He would blow you away in 7 on 7 drills.   

But put a line in front of him to obstruct his view and add a pass rush and it changes everything for him.   Makes him very below average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Not comparable situation to Haskins who got cut in season due to poor play, bad attitude and dumb behavior.

Agree it's not comparable. Was merely pointing out that I feel it's a little early to label Haskins a bust...based on many factors I'm not going to de-rail the thread with, here. 

Thinking your qualification of him was a little arbitrary, is all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Agree it's not comparable. Was merely pointing out that I feel it's a little early to label Haskins a bust...based on many factors I'm not going to de-rail the thread with, here. 

Thinking your qualification of him was a little arbitrary, is all. 

I was just saying bust for Redskins.  If he turns his career around it isn't likely to be for Redskins who made an example of him.  Or Washington Football team.  Whatever. 

For Washington it is a wasted pick, which sucks for them.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Tru, not close.  Tru is now the all time franchise leader in comp% and efficiency rating.  Hes a 2:1 td:int guy and has had very little to no run game most of the time he was here.  Put Tru on that 06 team and they probably go 16-0 winning by an avg of 15 pts.  Rex on the other hand never saw a deep option he didnt like.  Had MULTIPLE games with a efficiency rating between 0-20. Including the infamous 0.0.  

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Tru, not close.  Tru is now the all time franchise leader in comp% and efficiency rating.  Hes a 2:1 td:int guy and has had very little to no run game most of the time he was here.  Put Tru on that 06 team and they probably go 16-0 winning by an avg of 15 pts.  Rex on the other hand never saw a deep option he didnt like.  Had MULTIPLE games with a efficiency rating between 0-20. Including the infamous 0.0.  

I remember that 0.0 game.  Ok, here's a better question for you guys.  With Tru under center, would the Bears have won that 2006 Super Bowl?