MLB Playoff Discussion

BayRaider

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

You're not wrong, but splitting hairs over "15th on the dot" and "16th" in Milwaukee is a bit unintentionally hilarious, and at the same point, an indictment of our two organizations. That said, at least you paid Yellich. 

I was also being a little facetious over the payroll stuff lol. Just wanted to be like "see you were top half in payroll!!!!!" for the fun of it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

2017: 10th in attendance, 30th in payroll
2018: 10th in attendance, 22nd in payroll (made NLCS and hosted game 7 as well so 6 games of playoff attendance $$$)
2019: 8th in attendance, 16th in payroll
2020: 23rd in payroll

God, I hate Mark Attanasio lol

You can't tell me this isn't total bull**** @ramssuperbowl99

Come on A’s!!! We haven’t won a playoff series since 2006. No World Series Appearance since 1990. No World Series win since 1989 Cub, Indian, and Red Sox fans probably like “that’s it....?” Lol. 

Also have had a Bottom 3 Payroll every year basically forever. My biggest issue with Baseball. 

Hope we can show some heart today, put the bats together, get in some runs, let the bullpen go to work, and advance to the next round and take care of business against the Astros. 

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm good with what we spent because we kept Yelich tbh, and with other owners being crazy cheap I don't have the mental energy to be mad at Antanassio for being kinda cheap.

Nah, Attanasio isn't getting a pass from me for extending Yelich with the Braun and Cain money. He had a bonafide World Series contender and then cheapened out and pocketed the playoff money. Our window is about to slam shut, if it already hasn't, and we're going to waste the prime of another great player like we did with Braun.

4 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

The A’s are 1-12 in their last 13 playoff series or Wild Card games.  The Marlins have never lost a playoff series or Wild Card game...........................

20 seasons of choking 2000-2019. The only time we won a playoff series was 2006 ALDS against the Twins which was The Battle of the Chokers. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

20 seasons of choking 2000-2019. The only time we won a playoff series was 2006 ALDS against the Twins which was The Battle of the Chokers. 

Losing in four straight game 5’s is enough for a fan to go mad.  Especially 01’ up 2-0 and 03’ up 2-0.

18 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nah, Attanasio isn't getting a pass from me for extending Yelich with the Braun and Cain money. He had a bonafide World Series contender and then cheapened out and pocketed the playoff money. Our window is about to slam shut, if it already hasn't, and we're going to waste the prime of another great player like we did with Braun.

And yes, @ramssuperbowl99, I understand he put that playoff money and some into renovating Maryvale, but the on-field product is worth more to the fans than a cool place we use for 2 months. The only thing investing that money into Maryvale does is line his pockets even more. 

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And yes, @ramssuperbowl99, I understand he put that playoff money and some into renovating Maryvale, but the on-field product is worth more to the fans than a cool place we use for 2 months. The only thing investing that money into Maryvale does is line his pockets even more. 

You're not wrong but I'm out of emotional bandwidth to actually be mad at this point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

They postponed the Marlins-Cubs game because of consistent chance of rain. We're talking 15% to a max of 40% chance and they already postponed it. 

Yeah, that was stupid.  But apparently MLB was under a bunch of pressure to not risk the players potentially spending all that time indoors together during a rain delay.  

• Like 1