Foles Discussion

dll2000

13 minutes ago, G08 said:

Extremely, but what else is out there? I don't see Trubisky coming back here next season and Tyler Bray is just a dude. We literally have nobody in the pipeline.

They will desperation draft someone. They have to. They cannot sell Foles as the future to fans and ownership.

Who knows if they hit on the pick, but it is coming.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Extremely, but what else is out there? I don't see Trubisky coming back here next season and Tyler Bray is just a dude. We literally have nobody in the pipeline.

Through 2022 is a long time. That's 2 free agencies and 2 drafts. I know Pace said he'd like to draft a QB every year yet hasn't, but if he does that another 2 times? Yikes

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Through 2022 is a long time. That's 2 free agencies and 2 drafts. I know Pace said he'd like to draft a QB every year yet hasn't, but if he does that another 2 times? Yikes

He can draft a kid and let him 'learn' under Foles, which will ostensibly buy Pace and Nagy more of our stupid time.

13 minutes ago, G08 said:

He can draft a kid and let him 'learn' under Foles, which will ostensibly buy Pace and Nagy more of our stupid time.

That is what will happen, because that is what is best for their job secruity.

That is why letting coaches and GMs who are on the hot seat stick around never works and ends up digging huge holes.

34 minutes ago, G08 said:

This is the truth right here, and it ******* sucks. 

As long as they don't throw a ton of picks for the QB4 or something I can deal with it. I don't trust Nagy with QB development at all though. 

Edited by Sugashane

FWIW Ben Albright who's pretty plugged in says the Bears are a top destination for a possible new head coach after this year.

There is probably nothing behind it other than his own personal feelings, but I'll give the guy credit, he's right on a lot.

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

FWIW Ben Albright who's pretty plugged in says the Bears are top destination for a possible new head coach after this year.

There is probably nothing behind it other than his own personal feelings, but I'll give the guy credit, he's right on a lot.  Here's to hoping.

I did not see that. Can you post the tweet.