Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dll2000

Colts at Bears - 12 CBS

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Bears are seen as lucky frauds at this point by most of nation.

The narrative is they needed miracles to beat the 3 worst teams in the league.  So therefore they too are terrible.

 

I love where we're at, but I don't think the Bears are as good as the Seahawks, Packers, Chiefs, so it's fair to say we've had some good luck and twists of fate to be undefeated. I think the Bears are an above average team, that if they figure a couple things out (QB play, run defense) below in the playoffs, and they could just as easily backslide on a few bad games.

The real puzzler to me is the Colts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colt fan here, not sure where the Colts are at...but they are improving. Rivers is finding a rhythm, and the defense is finding some pressure. Really looking forward to this game. 

Colts still figuring out their WR situation. Ty is getting his stuff together, but the #2 spot has been in flux for years. Our kicker is far from perfect, so who knows there. I would say, the Bears biggest challenge is dealing with the Colt front 7. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Colt fan here, not sure where the Colts are at...but they are improving. Rivers is finding a rhythm, and the defense is finding some pressure. Really looking forward to this game. 

Colts still figuring out their WR situation. Ty is getting his stuff together, but the #2 spot has been in flux for years. Our kicker is far from perfect, so who knows there. I would say, the Bears biggest challenge is dealing with the Colt front 7. 

Where are you weakest?  As a position group and/or starting player?

Who are your standouts?
Who are your unsung or little known players that are better than public may know?

If you were game planning against yourself, what would the plan be against both the offense and defense?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Warhorse said:

Colt fan here, not sure where the Colts are at...but they are improving. Rivers is finding a rhythm, and the defense is finding some pressure. Really looking forward to this game. 

Colts still figuring out their WR situation. Ty is getting his stuff together, but the #2 spot has been in flux for years. Our kicker is far from perfect, so who knows there. I would say, the Bears biggest challenge is dealing with the Colt front 7. 

you guys will definately be our biggest test running the ball so far.   we have been able to run it pretty well all 3 weeks, this week we will have to see.  Our running attack is by committee and non-traditional. 

that said, I think we will air it out even more than expected and really pick and choose  battles/matchups wisely  !!

Edited by SLCbear
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Bears are seen as lucky frauds at this point by most of nation.

The narrative is they needed miracles to beat the 3 worst teams in the league.  So therefore they too are terrible.

 

Let's be realists here. Have the Bears looked like a 3-0 team in any of the games they've played? We are very very lucky to be 3-0. We are literally 3 completed passes away from being 0-3 lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pool said:

Let's be realists here. Have the Bears looked like a 3-0 team in any of the games they've played? We are very very lucky to be 3-0. We are literally 3 completed passes away from being 0-3 lol

I wonder if those games would be as close as they were if Foles had started from the beginning...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I wonder if those games would be as close as they were if Foles had started from the beginning...

I don't know. The world will never know. What I do know is we did not in any way look like a Superbowl team on either side of the ball in any of those games. When you watched those games did you ever once think to yourself we were a QB upgrade away from being a Superbowl contender? I get it though, Foles has people excited. All I am saying is cool your jets. Yes he is better than Trubisky but this is still a flawed team, and Foles has his flaws too. That throw to Graham in triple coverage was horrible and so was the throw across his body that went incomplete. I hope I am really really wrong but for now I still see a flawed team with an albeit better but still flawed quarterback. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I watched some of Colts.  tough games to watch and judge as MN was making a lot of self inflicted mistakes and Jets simply lack talent.   But credit to Indy for taking advantage and being well coached.  

I think the biggest factor is the first 3 games of 2020 have been somewhat of an NFL preseason.  A lot of teams have been discombobulated.   Foles didn’t get that.  So large advantage Colts there.

I think the Colts have an advantage on Bears in inside running game.  That could be frustrating.  That will improve play action game as well.

Their receivers as they stand are not scary.  Rivers will throw some balls that can be picked as well.   So advantage Bears pass defense I believe as long as they are not too successful running the ball.   If Bears can get Indy in long 3rd downs they can be in for an awakening.  I think Bears pass D is underrated by people not watching closely.    But if they can’t stop run Bears could be in for a frustrating day as Rivers can hit open players off play action.  

Colts have best defense Bears have faced thus far and are facing a cold Foles.  They are making timely blitzes.  Their front is getting pressure and their DBs are making INTs when bad throws are made.  They are well coached and physical on defense.   Foles could have used a full game against the weaker defenses of the first 3 weeks.  

Honestly I think Bears are better team, but Indy has talent on the lines.  I think Foles coming in now rather than being there from beginning is worth some points to Indy.  He needs time with these guys.

I think it helps that Indy doesn’t have a lot of big play WR threats at moment.  It will be hard for them to pull away from Bears without benefit of turnovers that they have been getting last couple of games.  

This will come down to game plans, coaching and Foles rust or lack thereof.   If Foles doesn’t turn ball over I don’t see Bears losing.  Key to Bears winning is getting Indy into 3rd and long and generating big plays off that.  Some explosive plays on offense and not being too conservative and going 3 and out.   If Bears come out with a Vanilla run, run pass game plan they are probably going to lose.  

Key to Indy winning would be to wear Bears down with hard inside running, screens, play action and good defense on early downs to give opportunity to pressure Foles and turn him over. 

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Okay I watched some of Colts.  tough games to watch and judge as MN was making a lot of self inflicted mistakes and Jets simply lack talent.   But credit to Indy for taking advantage and being well coached.  

I think the biggest factor is the first 3 games of 2020 have been somewhat of an NFL preseason.  A lot of teams have been discombobulated.   Foles didn’t get that.  So large advantage Colts there.

I think the Colts have an advantage on Bears in inside running game.  That could be frustrating.  That will improve play action game as well.

Their receivers as they stand are not scary.  Rivers will throw some balls that can be picked as well.   So advantage Bears pass defense I believe as long as they are not too successful running the ball.   If Bears can get Indy in long 3rd downs they can be in for an awakening.  I think Bears pass D is underrated by people not watching closely.    But if they can’t stop run Bears could be in for a frustrating day as Rivers can hit open players off play action.  

Colts have best defense Bears have faced thus far and are facing a cold Foles.  They are making timely blitzes.  Their front is getting pressure and their DBs are making INTs when bad throws are made.  They are well coached and physical on defense.   Foles could have used a full game against the weaker defenses of the first 3 weeks.  

Honestly I think Bears are better team, but Indy has talent on the lines.  I think Foles coming in now rather than being there from beginning is worth some points to Indy.  He needs time with these guys.

I think it helps that Indy doesn’t have a lot of big play WR threats at moment.  It will be hard for them to pull away from Bears without benefit of turnovers that they have been getting last couple of games.  

This will come down to game plans, coaching and Foles rust or lack thereof.   If Foles doesn’t turn ball over I don’t see Bears losing.  Key to Bears winning is getting Indy into 3rd and long and generating big plays off that.  Some explosive plays on offense and not being too conservative and going 3 and out.   If Bears come out with a Vanilla run, run pass game plan they are probably going to lose.  

Key to Indy winning would be to wear Bears down with hard inside running, screens, play action and good defense on early downs to give opportunity to pressure Foles and turn him over. 

You're really annoying sometimes.  Watched a bunch of Colts 2020, came here, realized you'd said everything I wanted to say more clearly.  

In all seriousness, I am very concerned about Taylor running against the Bears, he's fresh, not a lot of tape outside of college, and we've looked holey against the run in every game. I think he's going to be great and wouldn't be surprised if this is his breakout game.  I think if the Bears can get a lead early they should win, as Rivers will get frustrated and give the ball away. If not,  all those "worst 3-0 team ever" people might have fun on twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

You're really annoying sometimes.  Watched a bunch of Colts 2020, came here, realized you'd said everything I wanted to say more clearly.  

In all seriousness, I am very concerned about Taylor running against the Bears, he's fresh, not a lot of tape outside of college, and we've looked holey against the run in every game. I think he's going to be great and wouldn't be surprised if this is his breakout game.  I think if the Bears can get a lead early they should win, as Rivers will get frustrated and give the ball away. If not,  all those "worst 3-0 team ever" people might have fun on twitter.

I had to wake up very early, 3 a.m., to get ahead of you.  LOL.  I just couldn’t sleep so I put the Indy game on. Or more accurately I had to wake up to pee a bunch.  Sucks getting old.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I had to wake up very early, 3 a.m., to get ahead of you.  LOL.  I just couldn’t sleep so I put the Indy game on. Or more accurately I had to wake up to pee a bunch.  Sucks getting old.  

It's impressive,  while I usually get up pretty early this morning was forced on me a bit by my stove, which for some reason developed a short at 230am and for some other reason it's response to having a short in the control board was to sound every loud alarm/beep/shriek simultaneously. Happily it turns out you can fix the control panel with an alcohol cleanup behind the screen.  Oddly, I had already been up late fixing the fridge, which couldn't be fixed, but at least the alcohol part was for me.  Long and short, watch out for the Colts being able to run all over the Bears' line. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

It's impressive,  while I usually get up pretty early this morning was forced on me a bit by my stove, which for some reason developed a short at 230am and for some other reason it's response to having a short in the control board was to sound every loud alarm/beep/shriek simultaneously. Happily it turns out you can fix the control panel with an alcohol cleanup behind the screen.  Oddly, I had already been up late fixing the fridge, which couldn't be fixed, but at least the alcohol part was for me.  Long and short, watch out for the Colts being able to run all over the Bears' line. 

I think if my stove malfunctions the house fills up with gas and I die either through asphyxiation or a terrible explosion along with my family.  But its never happened so that's nice.  LOL.  I think there are some design features that make that unlikely actually.  

Couldn't get my outside grill to work yesterday.   Propane wouldn't flow.   Can you help with that?  

Oh and I can't drink alcohol at all anymore because of gout.   So that sucks as I really liked wine.  But I have been dealing with that a long time and actually life is quite good right now.  So no complaints.  

Praise God.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think if my stove malfunctions the house fills up with gas and I die either through asphyxiation or a terrible explosion along with my family.  But its never happened so that's nice.  LOL.  I think there are some design features that make that unlikely actually.  

Couldn't get my outside grill to work yesterday.   Propane wouldn't flow.   Can you help with that?  

Oh and I can't drink alcohol at all anymore because of gout.   So that sucks as I really liked wine.  But I have been dealing with that a long time and actually life is quite good right now.  So no complaints.  

Praise God.

 

 

I have a charcoal grill, but based on a non scientific study on why people swear at their propane grill right before their family gets mad at them: your tank is empty

I am sorry for your loss, but glad you are probably getting a lot more done at work than the rest of us on Monday mornings

We have the simplest oven we could buy, but it is still hamstrung by a display screen that gets easily upset by-and keep in mind this is an OVEN, which we use to heat things up and boil water often-both heat and steam. 

 

This thread drift has compelled my to make my prediction:  The Bears play it close, but the offense doesn't do as much as we'd hoped and the run D is exposed again, Colts 30 Bears 21.  If the Bear's somehow win I think that means my furnace is ****ed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...