Colts at Bears - 12 CBS

dll2000

13 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

To be fair, he is explosive. We see it on occasion. I just don't think Nagy can get him in favorable spots offensively and Tabor can't get guys blocking well on ST

You mean favourable spots like running him into the middle of the line on 3rd & 1 after a timeout?  Really brilliant play call there. Caught the whole Colts D off guard completely..

To me Patterson should not be used as anything more than a gadget player on O. The fact that he is our defacto #2 RB right now is quite the joke.

Hopefully they call up Lamar Miller sometime soon because this experiment isn't working.

• Like 2

Just now, Sugashane said:

I said a while back if we're fielding a trash offense again then im ready to fire Nagy and Pace.

1/4 of the season down and I'm heavily leaning toward this. Pace has built up a great defense but incompetent offense. 

Welcome. Reality hurts, but it will eventually sets you free.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

I said a while back if we're fielding a trash offense again then im ready to fire Nagy and Pace.

1/4 of the season down and I'm heavily leaning toward this. Pace has built up a great defense but incompetent offense. 

In no way is our defense "great"...

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

In no way is our defense "great"...

For as much as the offense constantly puts them in poor positions game after game after game...they are pretty darn good bro.

Imagine of we actually had a competent offense that was consistently good? The D would eat. 

34 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Did Kmet get any targets today?

No. Remember when Nagy said he can't stump him at all in meetings? Maybe he meant just in blocking assignments, because he sure doesn't trust him running routes

Box score says he got one target but I don't remember it.

Just now, topwop1 said:

For as much as the offense constantly puts them in poor positions game after game after game...they are pretty darn good bro.

Imagine of we actually had a competent offense that was consistently good? The D would eat. 

Has nothing to do with the offense. The D gives up way too many 3rd and long plays and commits way too many penalties on crucial plays. It is all coaching, eventually you will come around, you are just no there yet.

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Perhaps not. The bad news is: Pace doesn't either.

I'd like to see Kmet targeted some, don't you? 

There are two main things that you need to take into consideration. 

1) Nagy has been very clear that Kmet is the Y in this offense and their assignments are saved mainly for outside blocking plays -- especially for young talents like Kmet. 

2) Right now and with the U TE (Graham) and the other Y TE (Harris) playing well, there is no need to rush him into the offense. 

3) Rookie TE's very rarely ever produce. Kelce never started a single game or caught a pass in his rookie year and that under Doug Pederson and Reid.

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

No he was active and then sent to IR. 

From ESPN:

Kelce never played a snap last season and that was a huge letdown for the Chiefs. He dressed for the season-opening game in Jacksonville but didn’t play. Then a sore knee kept him from practicing and he finally had surgery, ending his season.

15 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

1) Nagy has been very clear that Kmet is the Y in this offense and their assignments are saved mainly for outside blocking plays -- especially for young talents like Kmet. 

2) Right now and with the U TE (Graham) and the other Y TE (Harris) playing well, there is no need to rush him into the offense. 

3) Rookie TE's very rarely ever produce. Kelce never started a single game or caught a pass in his rookie year and that under Doug Pederson and Reid.

And all of that is perfectly fine, and sure not many #43 overall picks for that matter produce in year 1 (you know my thoughts on 2nd-7th round picks in general ;) ). Fact is, they had a glaring hole at TE. I wish the GM would've found either competent fixes that can contribute immediately- I suppose you can say Graham has done that- or upgraded signifcantly at WR to help out these QB's

15 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I wouldn't really be concerned about Kmet not getting much playing time in year 1.

Yes they drafted him fairly high but TE is a hard position to just plug and play and expect great results off the hop.

Now multiply that even more considering the shortened offseason and no preseason.

That was more of a pick for the future seeing how they signed Graham and Harris.