Most frustrating things in football

Hunter2_1

Which of these frustrates you the most?   

82 members have voted

1. 1. These are ALL frustrating, but pick one or two that REALLY get you...

• Allowing a QB to scramble for a first down (usually because your coverage is so good)
    • Flags after a making a big play, bringing the play back
    • A missed XP/FG
    • Fumbles
    • Your pass rushers kill the OL, and have the QB dead-to-rights, but he just won't go down (Manning 2007 SB)
    • Defensive pass interference calls
    • Defense stops the offense on third down, but a flag gives them the first
    • Giving up third and long
    • Allowing a kick or punt return TD
    • Conservative play calling

-The supposed strike zone for Defensive linemen/ OLB to hit the QB. Cant go low, cant go high

-Defenders consciously trying to use all shoulder to make a hit and get called for targeting

-Countless illegal man down field penalties that aren't called

-Defensive holding on the defensive linemen

-Cheap pass interference penalties that put the ball at the 1 yard line.

-Countless illegal chop blocks that aren't called

-Officials in general

Definitely flags.  Ticky tack holding calls on the opposite side of the field negating a big play.

Also, offsetting penalties on certain situations.  In the Saints-Dolphins game, Dolphins got flagged for offsides.  Brees then completed a pass 20 yards downfield, but also called on the same play were offensive holding and I think defensive holding.  So two penalties for the defense, one for the offense.  They completely offset each other and the play starts over.  In that situation, maybe you don't let the pass stand(because offensive holding could have prevented a sack), but with defensive offsides and defensive holding on the same play, it doesn't seem right to completely offset the penalties.

of course, ideally, I would like to see much fewer ticky tack holding calls, whether they benefit my team or not.  

Definitely a flag after making a big play.

I think this includes the defensive side as well, having a big 3rd down stop nullified by a penalty. 

What really makes it infuriating is if the penalty had absolutely nothing to do with the play too.

Celebrating after a play while getting blown out is up there for me as well.

3 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I think if any player lobbies to get a call, they should be flagged for un-sportsmanlike conduct.  I am tired of WRs throwing their hands in the air to get a call, and the ref goes ahead and tosses the flag.  Let the refs call the game. 

Seems like WRs make that gesture automatically if they don't catch it.

1 hour ago, Pats#1 said:

Definitely a flag after making a big play.

I think this includes the defensive side as well, having a big 3rd down stop nullified by a penalty. 

I hate on a big 3rd down play when a WR and DB are handfighting with each other and then they throw a DPI or an OPI

27 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I hate on a big 3rd down play when a WR and DB are handfighting with each other and then they throw a DPI or an OPI

We had Carolina on third and longish twice (they hadn't punted all day). We made plays, and forced 4th down. We were finally getting them to go three and out. Illegal hands to the face (Gillmore) TWICE. One of them was literally a pinky brushing the grill. 5 yard penalty, automatic 1st down.

WHYYY

Archived