Sign in to follow this  
Mazrimiv

Kirksey likely to miss ‘a few games’

Well, at least Clark MIGHT be back and the young ILBer might be stepping up, and Martin might be getting back from IR after the bye week.

Lots of nights, but they're positive.

There's gotta be teams in the SEC with better ILBs than us right now

Edited by Norm

11 hours ago, Norm said:

There's gotta be teams in the SEC with better ILBs than us right now

Wait for Martin ;)

Edited by Arthur Penske

That sucks, but I did think Summers played decent for never taking really any snaps before. It's just weird how we are going through linebackers and how we're using them. Like Burks hasn't gotten any significant snaps.  Barnes has been your number 2, but doesn't start over Summers when Kirksey goes down. 

2 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

That sucks, but I did think Summers played decent for never taking really any snaps before. It's just weird how we are going through linebackers and how we're using them. Like Burks hasn't gotten any significant snaps.  Barnes has been your number 2, but doesn't start over Summers when Kirksey goes down. 

It’s because Barnes can’t call the defense plays out. Summers is GBs second green dot.

So say when Martin gets back... you likely won’t see Martin and Barnes. It will be Summers and Martin.

On 9/29/2020 at 8:19 AM, snackattack said:

didn't gary get hurt also?  any news on him?

I assume we will hear something today. With an ankle even if its minor I expect him to miss against ATL. 

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I assume we will hear something today. With an ankle even if its minor I expect him to miss against ATL. 

He was playing with it all taped up, and then tweaked it a bit.  It didn't appear to be anything serious at all.  Hopefully just a minor tweak and he won't miss any time. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}

Unless Kirksey comes back and completely dominates hes probably going to be cut if Kamal Martin returns and plays well. He has an 8 million dollar cap hit next year and we save 6 million by cutting him.

I’m over this experiment already. Have we really even missed him with Summers and Barnes? And now potentially getting Martin back this week or next? 

2 hours ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

I’m over this experiment already. Have we really even missed him with Summers and Barnes? And now potentially getting Martin back this week or next? 

We dont really know because we havent really had him lol