So we just going to pretend?

Bearerofnews

4 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

That Aldon Smith wasn't out of the league for 5 years.... comes right back and leads the league in sacks. I know it's early, but still. Pay homage to a potentially great retribution story.

No one is pretending anything.

Aldon could and probably would have been a HOF pass rusher if he wasnt a complete idiot.   His talent has never been questioned.

I give him credit, for sure, but lets see if he can go the rest of this season and next offseason without doing something stupid.

I don't think people realize how bat sh*t crazy it is for him to be this good after not playing for FIVE seasons. And it's not only that, but even the prior two seasons he played (14/15), he was battling alcohol issues and was not close to the player he was in his first three seasons in the league. If he continues this for the rest of the season, it will be one of the most wild and impressive stories of all time. 

Aldon is an all time talent and a freak of nature. Finally sober and seemingly over his demons, he still has a chance to get one solid contract before he hangs it up for good. Rooting for him hard even though I dislike the Cowboys. 

• Like 1

Once upon a time, he was considered the best defensive player from that 2011 draft - a draft that produced guys such as Von Miller, Patrick Peterson, JJ Watt and Richard Sherman. 

So, it's not too shocking to see him rise to this level. It's still some shock given his situation, but that's all the more reason to cheer for him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Once upon a time, he was considered the best defensive player from that 2011 draft - a draft that produced guys such as Von Miller, Patrick Peterson, JJ Watt and Richard Sherman. 

So, it's not too shocking to see him rise to this level. It's still some shock given his situation, but that's all the more reason to cheer for him.

Pretty much this.

The talent is there, but being out of the league/football and coming back after 5 years and still being your dominant self is pretty amazing. 

The fact more teams didn't line up for him when he wanted to return is wild to me through given the risk/reward.