GDT: Steelers (3-0) at Titans (3-0) POSTPONED

Titans fan 617

12 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Coming in peace guys but this sucks.  I was looking forward to this game as a good test for both of us.  Ugh. 

Assuming they do the bye week flip, it’s just really rough for you guys. As a Titans fan, after the news broke, this was probably our best-case scenario. Our LT, No. 1 WR and No. 1 CB are hurt and we have five players and six coaches, including our defensive play caller, with Covid.

Playing this game with limited practice followed by a short week with Buffalo was going to be a killer. But if I was a Steelers fan with no Covid cases and potentially being forced into a far worse bye week, I’d be pretty frustrated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Assuming they do the bye week flip, it’s just really rough for you guys. As a Titans fan, after the news broke, this was probably our best-case scenario. Our LT, No. 1 WR and No. 1 CB are hurt and we have five players and six coaches, including our defensive play caller, with Covid.

Playing this game with limited practice followed by a short week with Buffalo was going to be a killer. But if I was a Steelers fan with no Covid cases and potentially being forced into a far worse bye week, I’d be pretty frustrated.

I'll admit I'm really frustrated by it.  Ben made comments yesterday where he things the game should be still played and basically called out someone for not following the rules and how it ends up a competitive advantage for one team for the game to be delayed.

But I'm more frustrated that the NFL knew this could happen and didn't build in a contingency plan rather than someone on the Titans being a selfish weenie and bringing it in because of how easily it can happen.

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I'll admit I'm really frustrated by it.  Ben made comments yesterday where he things the game should be still played and basically called out someone for not following the rules and how it ends up a competitive advantage for one team for the game to be delayed.

But I'm more frustrated that the NFL knew this could happen and didn't build in a contingency plan rather than someone on the Titans being a selfish weenie and bringing it in because of how easily it can happen.

It’s just so tough to even try to pin blame on a specific person, because who really knows? Our OLB coach was the first positive on Saturday, maybe he wasn’t careful, or maybe he has a wife or kid that got it from another family member and once it’s in the house...

But yeah, it’s more of an indictment on the NFL. Entering this season with no contingency plans for rescheduling was asking for this, and I’d be stunned if it’s the last time it came up. Any level of foresight would’ve had every team with at least two bye weeks for easier rescheduling.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

yeah, i mean with the way this disease is transmitted it for sure could have been someone on the titans being a selfish weenie, but it also could have been pure bad luck. meanwhile you have things going on like 10 raiders players doing an unmasked charity event and somehow they get lucky and nobody's tested negative so far. like you said i really put this on the NFL for having no plan whatsoever and really some paper-thin protocols in the first place. i know it would have been tough logistically but with the success the NBA and NHL have had with a bubble it just boggles my mind that that wasn't even considered.

• Like 1

I can definitely feel for the Steelers though. It’s not even just moving the bye week to this early in the season, but they’ve spent the week preparing for a game rather than even getting the traditional off days that come with a bye. Not that we’re any better with Covid concerns running through the building, but at least our players have just been home.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Coming in peace guys but this sucks.  I was looking forward to this game as a good test for both of us.  Ugh. 

Yeah I don't think anyone is ready for a bye week after 3 games. Just got our taste for football going and it's taken away. 

For us, sucks it has to be us. I feel confident that Vrabel and company have been following the laws of the protocol.  But it just takes one moment. 

Does really suck for all teams involved. 

But this was bound to happen, guys. To some team. And one team's outbreak is going to impact others immediately (ie Vikings and Steelers).

I don't consider this a fault on the Titans...this is the NFL's mistake. There was no way this was going to be avoided. Look at what immediately happened in the MLB with the Marlins

• Like 1

if something unlucky happens where a Steelers player gets injured and can't play the rescheduled game, it will be talked about how it isn't fair, it should have been played this weekend.

I don't think there was a way to make this thing fair. 

Would NFL feel bad for us if we went out and lost the game? 

It's natural to want to blame someone for the virus, but by all accounts the Titans haven't been reckless. We are a team with championship ambitions and guys have been dialed in to make sure we are doing everything right, outside of Wilson. 

What isn't fair is a team like the Raiders doing what they do, but our team by all accounts have been careful and fall victim to it.  But again, that's the virus in a nutshell. You can party on Broadway and not get it, then that one person goes to the store for the first time in months and they get it. 

The goal becomes simple IMO 

Lock up the South ideally at the Detroit game

The sooner the Titans lock up the South then they have the ability to rest some guys against GB and then treat week 17 like a preseason game and play a quarter or a half so they arnt completely rusty for the playoff game

Or play week 16 and rest 17

Either way the goal becomes lock up the South as fast as they can 

The division games are always big but now become bigger