GDT Week 4 - First live crowd at Arrowhead

Deadpulse

Week 4 Patriots at Chiefs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Will the running game continue on its torrid pace?

2. 2. Travis Kelce's stat line against our TE stoppers?

• Over 100 yards, at least 1 TD
    • 50-100 yards
    • Less than 50 yards
    • SHUT DOWN
  3. 3. Last week it was Sony, who leads the way this week in rushing?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/04/2020 at 08:20 PM

27 minutes ago, jofos said:

Not really sure if you can make judgement on Stidham from this game. He comes into the game down 20-3 (I think that was the score) Takes them down for a TD. Then he throws a pass that his guys says, "here takes this for a pick six"  Then he makes a bad throw in desperation time. Not saying Stidham is anything just saying you can't make judgement off of a quarter when your team is already trailing.

The score was 3-13 and he brought them to 10-13. The game was very winnable still, it just spiraled out of control. I am not throwing Stidham under the bus, he needs more reps. Cam is clearly the best QB for the Patriots right now and possibly into the future. We should see more of Stidham next week hopefully.

• Like 1

the last time the Pats played in KC on a Monday night, it was week 4 of 2014. They turned the ball over 3 times, including a pick-six by the Chiefs' starting free safety, and the backup QB in that game threw his first career TD pass.

it's always darkest just before dawn

• Like 1

Popping back in here for the first time in a while to say that if they could barely tread water against Brian Hoyer for the first three quarters (with a sizeable aid from the refs), the Chiefs might be in trouble come playoff time and the return of Cam. 

5 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

I can only wonder how this game would have unfolded if we had Cam tonight.

Yeah!

Not the worst night, all said and done. 

Offense struggled, defense one of the hardest Pat will face this year - it's about what we predicted

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Edelman, ffs. 

He's hurt. Doesn't excuse his butter fingers, but he's hurt. 

Maybe it's just me, but he looks mentally checked out. I could be projecting this onto him, but he doesn't look like his usual self. I hate to be "this guy" but the fact that he wasn't elected as a captain, no Brady, the "happily miserable comment", body language....something seems off with him.

Can you be frustrated but ok with last night's loss? Because that's how I feel.

Refs: again, I'm not one to typically complain about the refs, but come on. The roughness call after Mahomes flop job? Absolute joke to call that- especially after you picked up the flag on one earlier. The BS PI call. The blowing strip sack play dead. Just inexcusable. I've said this 100 times and I'll continue to bang this drum: LET THE PLAY PLAY OUT.

Defense was outstanding. The narrative from the broadcast all night -which was as about as bad as the refs- was that Reid and Co. were so smart and creative with all their pre-snap motion. However, the narrative should have been about the defense and Belichick's game plan:

-They weren't even biting on any of the pre-snap motion.

-They took away everything deep. Hill was mostly held in check.

-They dared (smartly so) the Chiefs to run by primarily rushing three guys and dropping 8 into coverage.

-They roughed up Kelce at the line and he was largely a non-factor. Side note: last night was a perfect example of why I refuse to hold Kelce in prime Gronk (and now Kittle) territory. Belichick shows he's can be erased in games. That never happened with a healthy Gronk or Kittle now.

-Winovich is a monster. The guy is 2nd in the NFL in win rates and has an endless motor. 

-Guy will never get the appreciation he deserves, but he's a damn good football player.

-Wise is randomly emerging as a player? I had pretty much all but written him off but he seems like hes improved.

-More Dugger please.

Some comments about the offense:

-Lack of talent/play makers is really highlighted without Newton. We really need one more pass catcher, at a minimum. Maybe White's return helps, but I think they really need one more guy.

-Great debut from Harris. Looks like he has a little more breakaway speed than Michel. Vision needs some improvement.

-I Know Asiasi is a rookie TE, so it's an uphill battle being 1) the hardest position to learn/grow in an NFL offense and 2) shortened camp/no pre-season makes this a bigger task, but how can't this guy give them more than what Izzo is giving them?

-Everyone (including myself) was worried how the line would hold up with no Scar. We'll, they've been outstanding so far. Shuffling guys around, missing two starters last night, and they don't miss a beat.

-Onwenu looks like a damn find in the 6th round by the Patriots. Suck on that one, BiLl BeLiCHicK CaNt DrAFt crowd.

Recover soon, Cam.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Maybe it's just me, but he looks mentally checked out. I could be projecting this onto him, but he doesn't look like his usual self. I hate to be "this guy" but the fact that he wasn't elected as a captain, no Brady, the "happily miserable comment", body language....something seems off with him.

He looks slow and generally lackadaisical at times.  I'd agree he seems off.

• Like 1

I dont know if anyone else reads Footballoutsiders.com but Hoyer and Stidham were 3rd and 4th worst respectivelyin DYAR this week which is impressive given they shared the snaps. Add the DYAR together and the Patriots had -142 DYAR - even worse than Daniel Jones. 

I don't know whether the loss is more or less painful than one where they got beaten by 30 points. It seems from the post-game chat that they were the better team and a bit of bad luck, a bad call and an Edelman catch from stunning the Chiefs in an unprecedented fasion. (Having said that I haven't watched it yet as it started at midnight my time). The frustration is raised a notch by the seeding implications in this one bye only era.

I think the Patriots should still win the division as the Bills have yet to play the Chiefs and Seahawks (and the Patriots). They'll probably have to win at least one away game though. 

20 minutes ago, scottishpatriot said:

I dont know if anyone else reads Footballoutsiders.com but Hoyer and Stidham were 3rd and 4th worst respectivelyin DYAR this week which is impressive given they shared the snaps. Add the DYAR together and the Patriots had -142 DYAR - even worse than Daniel Jones. 

I don't know whether the loss is more or less painful than one where they got beaten by 30 points. It seems from the post-game chat that they were the better team and a bit of bad luck, a bad call and an Edelman catch from stunning the Chiefs in an unprecedented fasion. (Having said that I haven't watched it yet as it started at midnight my time). The frustration is raised a notch by the seeding implications in this one bye only era.

I think the Patriots should still win the division as the Bills have yet to play the Chiefs and Seahawks (and the Patriots). They'll probably have to win at least one away game though. 

I doubt it if Josh Allen keeps playing like he currently does.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Vision needs some improvement.

Great post however  Is vision is fine. Matter of fact I was happy how he tried to create a hole when there was nothing there. I'm guessing that,s what you saw but it was his only choice to get what he could with no pitter patter.

4 hours ago, m haynes said:

Great post however  Is vision is fine. Matter of fact I was happy how he tried to create a hole when there was nothing there. I'm guessing that,s what you saw but it was his only choice to get what he could with no pitter patter.

I was referring to one specific run, where he had SO much room to the right, didn't bounce it outside and ran into the OL's back. I'm nitpicking here; overall I was pleasantly surprised with his debut.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, IheartMyV8 said:

He looks slow and generally lackadaisical at times.  I'd agree he seems off.

I doubt he is here in 2021. But that goes in my opinion for Chung, Hightower and all the OGs from the championship runs too.

- Onwenu looks like a flat out monster. Not sure what's the background story here with him ending up a 6th round pick but he should have been a 1st rounder. Incredible steal.

- Herron could develop into a starter but at the worst looks competent as a swing OT/OL

- Good debut from Harris. Will be interesting how it shakes out but I guess Burkhead is gone next year. I think White stays for another year.

- Interesting that Williams and Dugger didn't get extensive runs. Williams got schooled by Kelce but I guess that happens against a top 2 TE. Maybe their time truly comes next year as I think the McCourty bros won't be here next season.

- Wynn is developing into an elite OT. Thuney is one of the best iOL but that is known.

- Wise should get extended. He is improving. Wino looks very solid from week to week. Jennings looked good.

- Very nice bounce back game from Gilmore, Jackson was good too.

Overall this season might be average but there are more young guys showing up than expected and probably will be even more as the season goes on and Keene and Uche see playing time. 

• Like 1