GDT Week 4 - First live crowd at Arrowhead

Deadpulse

Week 4 Patriots at Chiefs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Will the running game continue on its torrid pace?

2. 2. Travis Kelce's stat line against our TE stoppers?

• Over 100 yards, at least 1 TD
    • 50-100 yards
    • Less than 50 yards
    • SHUT DOWN
  3. 3. Last week it was Sony, who leads the way this week in rushing?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/04/2020 at 08:20 PM

This game is a loss either way, this defense can't stop KC. 

It's the perfect game to have Stidham play.. if they put Hoyer in front of him, that's a sign that Stidham isn't even considered a future answer and they will be going after a new QB next year. I want to see what he can do and Newton being out is the perfect time to do so. 

Just now, Crimmage said:

It's the perfect game to have Stidham play.

I disagree. You put a young QB with no starting experience in a game in which he will almost assuredly get crushed... that's hurting his development not helping. The Patriots have been doing that to every young AFCE QB for 2 decades. 

22 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I disagree. You put a young QB with no starting experience in a game in which he will almost assuredly get crushed... that's hurting his development not helping. The Patriots have been doing that to every young AFCE QB for 2 decades. 

This. He’ll get the hell beat out of him and lose confidence and think he can’t cut it 

Lamar Jackson may have struggled passing against this defense but Herbert certainly had a great game with barely any notice of starting (albeit with a better WR Corp). If his confidence is destroyed after having a bad game against the defending champions.. is he really a franchise QB of the future? I can't think of any professional athletes who were great that lost all confidence after a bad game. 

We learn nothing from watching Hoyer throw 4 int and losing.. seeing Stidham could show something. Given that he has been inactive the first 3 games that may already be our answer for what the coaching staff thinks of him. If they don't believe him to even be a worthy backup ( after saying how amazing he was all off season) .. we can expect him to likely be off the team next training camp with a new QB draft pick in his place. 

I'm not sure how long a player must stay on the covid reserve list ( i assume 14 days?) .. but if Stidham can't at minimum start against the awful Broncos.. that's a REALLY bad sign imo

If the game does get played this week, the best option would be for the game to be on Tuesday. NFL could let USA broadcast the game nationally if this happens, with simulcasts on NBC's affiliates in Boston and Kansas City. The game would be produced by NBC Sports, using the theme and graphics of SNF, though a different announcing team would likely be used from the Sunday night game this week.

Edited by pf9