SNF: Chiefs @ Texans GDT

Chiefer

5 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I agree they are going for gold. I hope they save something for the stretch run. Reid is famous for flaming out.

J

The only one I'm seriously worried about is Hunt. His number of touches went up considerably over the past two weeks. They need to control this.

23 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

The only one I'm seriously worried about is Hunt. His number of touches went up considerably over the past two weeks. They need to control this.

I'd like to see him get 15-20 per game with the majority in the second half. With how well he has done, we should set up the run with the pass the next couple weeks. 

1 hour ago, KC_Guy said:

I think we've been doing well managing Hunt's workload until this week. When Charles was fully healthy, he was typically a 275 - 300 touch guy for us. He peaked at like 330ish. Hunt was on pace for 324 prior to this past week. Which I think is fairly appropriate. Hunt is built a bit more durably than Charles, and it was often argued that we actually underutilized Charles anyways. That 325 - 350 area is less than what we used to give Holmes and LJ, but a bit more than Charles, which is fine.

But we really ran him into the ground against Houston. Despite us getting pretty overwhelmed in the run game for much of it. So he had 32 painful touches this week. So now he's on pace for 362, which is a bit more than I'd be comfortable giving him.

5 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

But we really ran him into the ground against Houston. Despite us getting pretty overwhelmed in the run game for much of it. So he had 32 painful touches this week. So now he's on pace for 362, which is a bit more than I'd be comfortable giving him.

I agree. We loved Larry Johnson. So we ran him "every play". He got 400+ carries one season and we destroyed him.

Archived