Covid: Full outbreak, approaching 25 cases

titans0021

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

If they make us play Tuesday, I hope we go full Week 4 of the preseason. Rest every starter. AJ and Lewan obviously out. The season has already been derailed, we can’t completely destroy it by risking important players who haven’t had a single practice or game in 2 1/2 weeks.

You've said this multiple times. In what world do you believe they would ever do this? 

Just now, KingTitan said:

You've said this multiple times. In what world do you believe they would ever do this? 

In a world where they don’t want to risk a dozen injuries with a team that hasn’t done anything resembling football activities in over two weeks.

This game isn’t important enough to risk our season with a quarter of the team missing and 16 days of rust and conditioning issues.

The first few weeks of the season were riddled with serious injuries league-wide, in large part due to the lack of a preseason. And that’s with teams actually able to practice and do football work throughout the week. Sending us out there after two straight weeks without practice is begging for trouble.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

In a world where they don’t want to risk a dozen injuries with a team that hasn’t done anything resembling football activities in over two weeks.

This game isn’t important enough to risk our season with a quarter of the team missing and 16 days of rust and conditioning issues.

Injures happen and that sounds very callus. But speaking in football terms, this is what they are paid to do. 

Yeah if someone can't go I'm sure they would lean towards not playing. But to think they are going to even entertain the idea to sit starters is far fetched to me. 

Conditions are less than ideal but 1 million percent sure they aren't thinking of going into this game with the approach of saying forget it, throw Logan Woodside out there and go to next week. 

They are trying to win a game. It is important to them. It's an AFC game. 

10 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The first few weeks of the season were riddled with serious injuries league-wide, in large part due to the lack of a preseason. And that’s with teams actually able to practice and do football work throughout the week. Sending us out there after two straight weeks without practice is begging for trouble.

I don't discount any of that. And it's logical thinking. 

But nothing about this season is logical. 

Logic says you shouldn't be playing during an pandemic. But they are going to play with the situation they are delt. 

To me that is just the sad reality of the situation

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Injures happen and that sounds very callus. But speaking in football terms, this is what they are paid to do. 

Yeah if someone can't go I'm sure they would lean towards not playing. But to think they are going to even entertain the idea to sit starters is far fetched to me. 

Conditions are less than ideal but 1 million percent sure they aren't thinking of going into this game with the approach of saying forget it, throw Logan Woodside out there and go to next week. 

They are trying to win a game. It is important to them. It's an AFC game. 

Oh, they won’t rest guys. There’s almost no chance, I realize that. Because it’s the stupid football guy mentality that won’t allow anyone to see the bigger picture. 

But they should. Everyone knows we have almost no chance of winning. How could we? We’re facing a damn good football team that had extra practice and prep days while we’ve been having to deal with a viral outbreak during a global pandemic.

Assuming we are at least smart enough to keep AJ out given it’s been a month since he’s practiced, we’re going to send Tannehill out there against a great defense with extra prep time with Khalif Raymond as WR1 and Westbrook-Dropski as WR2. Because that makes sense.

We would be so much better off just preparing for the divisional game where we will still have extremely limited practice time, but at least have a reasonable chance of winning.

10 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Oh, they won’t rest guys. There’s almost no chance, I realize that. Because it’s the stupid football guy mentality that won’t allow anyone to see the bigger picture. 

But they should. Everyone knows we have almost no chance of winning. How could we? We’re facing a damn good football team that had extra practice and prep days while we’ve been having to deal with a viral outbreak during a global pandemic.

Assuming we are at least smart enough to keep AJ out given it’s been a month since he’s practiced, we’re going to send Tannehill out there against a great defense with extra prep time with Khalif Raymond as WR1 and Westbrook-Dropski as WR2. Because that makes sense.

We would be so much better off just preparing for the divisional game where we will still have extremely limited practice time, but at least have a reasonable chance of winning.

Yeah the chances of winning at slim to none. 

But as one that sat through some very ugly Titans seasons, Im just gonna be happy to get to watch the Titans take the field. 

Expectations are very low. 

Just thankful that they can play. Thankful that guys are recovering from Covid. 

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Not a bad start. Makes you think it’s possible to get Fulton and Correa back.

For reference, DaQuan and Brinkley were Sept. 30, Fulton and Correa were Oct. 1. After that it was Humphries and Batson on Oct. 2. If any of those four were asymptomatic they have a chance for Tuesday.