Covid: Full outbreak, approaching 25 cases

titans0021

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Thought I seen Fulton and Correa were the next 2 Titans that have a shot after Jones and Brinkley so let’s hope atleast Fulton 

Yeah, they went on the day after the first 3, so hopefully they come off today. Definitely got the fingers crossed for Fulton 🤞 

2 hours ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Is Nashville getting hit hard by Covid right now? I’m sure it doesn’t help that it is a popular vacation destination. 

Nashville as a whole is starting to decline, but still a lot of activity downtown.
And the surrounding counties where a lot of the Titans live have some rises, especially in school age kids. Those same counties are going to start going back full time opposed to part time in person learning. And those counties don't have mask mandates.  Nashville public schools are about to start back in person so cases could see a spike again. 

So many people pack downtown and masks aren't always worn. Not saying the Titans are down there, but a cousin, son, daughter, childcare provider is down there and then boom. 

2 hours ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Is Nashville getting hit hard by Covid right now? I’m sure it doesn’t help that it is a popular vacation destination. 

Number 1 city in the country in number of cases per 1000 people.  NYC is number 11.

Combination of rednecks not wearing masks, tourists, and it being the biggest city in the state.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Number 1 city in the country in number of cases per 1000 people.  NYC is number 11.

Combination of rednecks not wearing masks, tourists, and it being the biggest city in the state.

I don't live in Tennessee so I wasn't aware of this. I was wondering if Nashville was seeing heavy positive tests.

I'm honestly not sure how much the masks help. In theory they reduce the chance for an infected person to spread the virus, but in practice I'm not sure it accomplishes that, at least to the degree of actually considering a person protected. The county I live in has mandated laws to wear masks when in public and we're still seeing record breaking numbers of positive tests. Although, I'm not sure how much of that is due to increased testing.

16 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I don't live in Tennessee so I wasn't aware of this. I was wondering if Nashville was seeing heavy positive tests.

I'm honestly not sure how much the masks help. In theory they reduce the chance for an infected person to spread the virus, but in practice I'm not sure it accomplishes that, at least to the degree of actually considering a person protected. The county I live in has mandated laws to wear masks when in public and we're still seeing record breaking numbers of positive tests. Although, I'm not sure how much of that is due to increased testing.

Masks help.  They do not help if one infected person runs around without one or if everyone is wearing it as a chin diaper instead of actually covering their mouths.

But yeah, Nashville is getting it way worse than anywhere else in the state, except maybe Memphis.  I live near Nashville, in the fifth largest city in the state, and I know one person who died from it.  My brother, on the other hand, lives in Nashville and knows seven people.

Nashville is getting rocked.

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Masks help.  They do not help if one infected person runs around without one or if everyone is wearing it as a chin diaper instead of actually covering their mouths.

But yeah, Nashville is getting it way worse than anywhere else in the state, except maybe Memphis.  I live near Nashville, in the fifth largest city in the state, and I know one person who died from it.  My brother, on the other hand, lives in Nashville and knows seven people.

Nashville is getting rocked.

jesus. michigan was pretty bad at the start of the outbreak and i only knew of (didn't even know directly) two people who died- family members of close friends of mine. seven is unreal

I’ve been really lucky in WI to not know anyone that has gotten hospitalized, given that we might be the biggest hotbed in the entire world right now.

We have a mask mandate, but bars are open. In Wisconsin. With indoor seating and no real mask policy inside, so the spread is only getting worse.

46 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

jesus. michigan was pretty bad at the start of the outbreak and i only knew of (didn't even know directly) two people who died- family members of close friends of mine. seven is unreal

He also works at Nordstrom, and most of his group of friends are people who work at stores that didn't close, so they're by a wide margin the groups with the most exposures.