Covid: Full outbreak, approaching 25 cases

titans0021

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

How much yall want to bet that the reason the Titans don't get a super severe punishment is that all the teams were breaking protocols?

JRob said in the press conference that our inconsistencies with mask compliance were catching people with their mask pulled down under their nose or chin. That could be found at basically every workplace across the country including the other 31 teams and league office. 

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I’m guessing it’s part of it, they probably found that we weren’t violating them any worse than anyone else. They’ve also been updating and building policies around our outbreak, I think there’s some recognition that they weren’t prepared.

I still expect some punishment. Fine and a fourth or fifth round pick. Something that acknowledges the protocol violations and sets the precedent for taking picks away in case there are more egregious violations later in the year.

Oh definitely.  I'm of the opinion that a team caught doing something that "everyone does" is probably the worst culprit.  The Titans should definitely be punished, and it should be more than a slap on the wrist for sure.  But the fact that all of the NFL's statements about breaking protocols were league-wide, and not just part of this deal with the Titans, tells me they found some evidence of lots of teams doing it.

33 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’m guessing it’s part of it, they probably found that we weren’t violating them any worse than anyone else. They’ve also been updating and building policies around our outbreak, I think there’s some recognition that they weren’t prepared.

I still expect some punishment. Fine and a fourth or fifth round pick. Something that acknowledges the protocol violations and sets the precedent for taking picks away in case there are more egregious violations later in the year.

If all they find is mask inconsistencies, then how can you do more than a fine.  Maybe a substantial fine, but anything more than that for mask violations would be hard to justify in my mind.

Media was acting like we were in there with no masks, jam packed in the building, not testing people, allowing sick people in the building, etc.  

Again, if the worst thing is mask violations and a bad communication about working out then we should be ok. 

I don't think we should be punished beyond fines unless there is something egregious found in the investigation that hasn't been reported yet.

People got sick in a global pandemic in a city with the highest concentration of positive tests in the country. People need to get over it.

Even the NFLs new protocols that they implemented because of what they found in Tennessee are not going to stop what happened to us from happening to others. We had someone who worked with players on a regular basis test positive and the NFL gave us the okay to put everyone on a plane that same day. Mask or no mask, you're not going to prevent this from happening with protocols that don't respect the incubation period.

• Like 2

On 10/8/2020 at 9:54 AM, KingTitan said:

Don't matter. Just cancel the season.

Don't give anyone losses or wins. 

If they are gonna rake us over the coals and make an example then just do it and cancel the season. 

Screw over the rest of the league, to hell with what is fair. 

Just go nuclear and cancel our season. 

NFL:

Me: "I'm not ok with this.... ......I want to live.

9 hours ago, -Hope- said:

not to be a wet blanket but this feels like....a bit much. dudes need to cool it at least publicly

Little cringy lol 

But at same time when you really go back and look after knowing that they were pretty much guilty of not wearing masks properly ( like every team) and bad optics/miscommunication on a workout. 

It is a perfect example of rushing to get a story out isn't the best thing, when all facts aren't known. 

Now the public is convinced that we "broke protocol" when in actuality we had a case that spread, worst here than anywhere else.

Patriots, Chiefs, Falcons, Raiders all have had multiple cases, but were contained. 

Titans deserved some flack but not as much as they got. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

How will they blame the Titans for this one? 

Seriously though people need to open their eyes, this wasn’t just a Titans problem and will continue to happen to other teams 

Well, what was the alternative though? Extra weeks built into the season? Delaying the start of the season? Having any kind of coherent plan to deal with a ******* pandemic?

That’s ridiculous talk.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

Thinking at this point with all the teams starting to have issues of their own now, we'll probably get some fines and that's it for the punishment.

I mean, they've adjusted the protocols and everything based on our experience and are still starting to have more things pop up, just further proving that it was inevitable and we just had bad luck to be the first.