Covid: Full outbreak, approaching 25 cases

titans0021

7 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Also the NFL doesn't learn. They are going to let the Saints play after a player tests positive that FLEW WITH THE TEAM. If the Saints have more positives after this, haha what a joke.

Wait the Falcons can play with AJ Terrell being positive, NO can play. But Newton years positive and they move the game back? Is it due to timing or what am I missing?

17 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I’m going to be so pissed off if we didn’t follow the protocols.

Same. But if we didn't ... shame on us 100%

I trust that following protocols was a massive priority for guys like JRob/Vrabel, though. I'd be disappointed and surprised if that was not the case

people seem to be forgetting that this is a pandemic. but like someone else said..the NFL isn't the brightest bulb

• Like 1

The NFL is going to want to punish us. It’s a lot easier for them to blame the team instead of the protocols.

But they’ve already changed the protocols because of our outbreak. One positive test this week and the Patriots are sent home and not flying, one positive test last week and they still put the entire team and staff into a small, enclosed space the same day.

But they still haven’t learned a ton. Not if they’re still sending NE to KC today when they’re two days into the incubation period.

• Like 3

One tweet I saw is that we had to turn over video to the NFL and something about us not following mask protocol in the training facility.

It also mentioned Bowen knowingly being exposed to someone with a positive test and the Titans not reporting it to the NFL until his positive test and him still coming into the facility after his exposure (prior to his own postive test).

All of this may have been speculation, but I'm pretty sure the NFL is going to do everything it can to pin it on the organization for not following protocol rather than the NFLs plan just being dog****.

Bowen had a positive test on Saturday. If the NFL knew about this and still allowed us to fly to Minnesota, that is on them 100%. If they didn't know about it and we flew to Minnesota it is on us. Regardless of how the first person got it in the first place and regardless if people were wearing masks that have never shown the ability to stop the virus from spreading in the first place.'

I'd like to see if their contact tracing showed the infected people to have been sitting near each other on the plane.

Edited by TitanSS

8 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

One tweet I saw is that we had to turn over video to the NFL and something about us not following mask protocol in the training facility.

It also mentioned Bowen knowingly being exposed to someone with a positive test and the Titans not reporting it to the NFL until his positive test and him still coming into the facility after his exposure.

Yeah, I’m open to the idea that there were some protocol violations, probably nothing more serious than what’s happening around the league, but we’re the first real outbreak, so we get the magnifying glass. 

In the end, league protocol violated every CDC guideline and they simply don’t want to acknowledge that. You know how long the incubation period is (we still have positives rolling in a week after exposure), yet you put them on a plane. 

Like, Rule 1 is, if you have direct contact with a confirmed positive, you stay home until you have confirmed negative tests, the NFL went with the nothing matters more than playing the game and tossed a bunch of people with exposure onto an airplane with a 100 people, had them play a game with a lot more direct contact, spend some time in the locker room with some more direct exposure, and then stuffed them all back onto a plane to fly back. And now we’re all supposed to be shocked that an outbreak occurred.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I’m open to the idea that there were some protocol violations, probably nothing more serious than what’s happening around the league, but we’re the first real outbreak, so we get the magnifying glass. 

In the end, league protocol violated every CDC guideline and they simply don’t want to acknowledge that. You know how long the incubation period is (we still have positives rolling in a week after exposure), yet you put them on a plane. 

Like, Rule 1 is, if you have direct contact with a confirmed positive, you stay home until you have confirmed negative tests, the NFL went with the nothing matters more than playing the game and tossed a bunch of people with exposure onto an airplane with a 100 people, had them play a game with a lot more direct contact, spend some time in the locker room with some more direct exposure, and then stuffed them all back onto a plane to fly back. And now we’re all supposed to be shocked that an outbreak occurred.

That should 100% be the takeaway. Regardless if they find anything they can blame on us or not, if they knew we had an exposed staff member and they still opted to put everyone on that plane rather than risk losing revenue over rescheduling a game, it's on the NFL.

Ultimately they need to take responsibility for that, but I think we all know how that will turn out.

That will be my stance on it unless they find some massive violation on us outside of what is expected.

48 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

It also mentioned Bowen knowingly being exposed to someone with a positive test and the Titans not reporting it to the NFL until his positive test and him still coming into the facility after his exposure (prior to his own postive test).

All of this may have been speculation, but I'm pretty sure the NFL is going to do everything it can to pin it on the organization for not following protocol rather than the NFLs plan just being dog****.

Bowen had a positive test on Saturday. If the NFL knew about this and still allowed us to fly to Minnesota, that is on them 100%. If they didn't know about it and we flew to Minnesota it is on us. Regardless of how the first person got it in the first place and regardless if people were wearing masks that have never shown the ability to stop the virus from spreading in the first place.'

I'd like to see if their contact tracing showed the infected people to have been sitting near each other on the plane.

We are going to take the fall. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

We are going to take the fall. 

This sucks. First time being 3-0 in how ever many years. Now we have this. What are the chances of us playing next week? How fast can players recover? Are we just going to have to play with backups? That is what I am assuming. God I hope we can get back on track. I was really excited about us this season. This is a big bummer. Hopefully we can get through it. NFL better be careful what standard they set with this. Because this could happen again easily.