Raiders rookie CB Damon Arnette to potentially miss 6 weeks

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It seems that way for everyone. It's been a while since I've seen this many key starters out though. Especially at WR.

Yeah, it's crazy. I mean, injuries always happen, but we've seen a ton.

The obvious long ones aside (ACL tears, etc), I wonder how much of it has been driven by the ability to return from IR this year? Seems like teams are shelving guys quicker in an effort to make a late season push rather than having guys try and play through injuries they probably would under usual circumstances.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It seems that way for everyone. It's been a while since I've seen this many key starters out though. Especially at WR.

As of right now we've already lost our top 3 WR, two starting OL, a starting LB, a starting CB, and a potential starting FS to injuries. Tough year man. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I doubt its anything that serious they're gonna put a cast on his hand and let him play.

People play with broken thumbs all the time. It's probably just a precaution.

He has had a broken thumb since training camp and played with it the first 3 weeks in a cast and still hurt it even worse, lol. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

The obvious long ones aside (ACL tears, etc), I wonder how much of it has been driven by the ability to return from IR this year? Seems like teams are shelving guys quicker in an effort to make a late season push rather than having guys try and play through injuries they probably would under usual circumstances.

I think the main reason we've seen more injuries this year then ever before is because of the lack of OTA's, no preseason games, and a short training camp. Guys were able to work out on their own but that's not a substitute for game speed. OTA's ensure that guys are in shape all summer, training camp allows guys to get ready for the physicality of the season, and preseason games allow guys to get some full speed reps to get their bodies ready to go. 

I’m very happy with Arnette’s play so far.... and do not regret drafting him cuz of a minor thumb injury.  He’ll be back soon enough and until then Lawson will start and maybe Isaiah Johnson gets some snaps.  
I don’t think Amik gets major snaps as a result, he’s too far buried down the depth chart and is likely being groomed as a sCB not an outside CB, which Arnette is.  Only way Amik gets major snaps is if Joyner moves to FS.... which isn’t likely to ever happen.

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m very happy with Arnette’s play so far.... and do not regret drafting him cuz of a minor thumb injury.  He’ll be back soon enough and until then Lawson will start and maybe Isaiah Johnson gets some snaps.  
I don’t think Amik gets major snaps as a result, he’s too far buried down the depth chart and is likely being groomed as a sCB not an outside CB, which Arnette is.  Only way Amik gets major snaps is if Joyner moves to FS.... which isn’t likely to ever happen.

I'd take my chances with Nixon/Robertson at SCB and Joyner at FS over what we're doing now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Last year we had a few injuries/suspensions but most of them were in the 2nd half of the season.  Hopefully Jacobs and Abram can make it to the bye week but if Abram plays the same way next week I might put him on the IR.

• Like 1

Really disappointing to see Arnette injured as he flashed some really good technique and potential and I was really looking forward to watching his progress but better be safe than sorry and give him chance to heal up. We might be able to get guys like Kwiatkoski, Brown, Edwards, Ruggs and Arnette back for the big push for the playoffs. Most teams are suffering some increased injury woe but very unusual to gave basically all our top rookies out.

• Like 1