GDT Week 5: Bills (3-1) @ Bengals (1-3)

Trentwannabe

Image result for buffalos cartoon   vsImage result for cincinnati bengals suck

Quick Stats:

QB Andy Dalton has not throw a pick since week 1 when he threw 4.
LeSean McCoy is 16th in rushing this season. Has only rushed over 75 yards twice.
The Bills WR's have 23 catches total and 1 touchdown. AJ Green has 25 receptions and 2 touchdowns.
The Bengals are 3rd in total defense.
The Bills are 9th in total defense.

Fun Facts:

Two of the last five meetings have gone to over time.
In the last five games the road team has won every meeting except one.

5 Previous games:

2016: Buffalo 16 @ Cincinnati 12
2015: Cincinnati 34 @ Buffalo 21
2013: Cincinnati 27 @ Buffalo 24 (OT)
2011: Buffalo 20 @ Cincinnati 23 (OT)
2010: Buffalo 49 @ Cincinnati 31

Analysis: 

Not only does the Bengals window seemed to have closed but it is close to being slammed shut and their season going up in flames. Teams typically played inspired football for a few games after a coaching change which they've done against Green Bay and Cleveland. However, the last time they played a defense in the same category of the Bills, they lost 13-9 to Houston at home. That was also before Houston really got their O going. The Bengals defense has continued to play sound football and dominate at times. They are averaging only 164 yards allowed through the air which is good enough for 3rd in the league. The good news for Buffalo however, is that the Bengals are 17th against the run and McCoy is due to go off soon.

The Bills have been playing inspiring football all year long and outside of 3 and a half quarters of inept offense, they have been a well balanced oiled machine. Tyrod Taylor has taken his shots down the field to TE Charles Clay and has improved his ability to go over the middle and work through progressions. The Bills offense has not been able to run the ball like they have in the past, but last week they incorporated more power run schemes which seemed to help McCoy get going. The Bills defense has been phenomenal so far this season allowing just 54 points in 4 games (13.5 per game) and intercepting opposing QB's 6 times. The Bills have also gotten a lot of their pass rushers so far registering 11 sacks and constantly getting pressure on the QB forcing errant throws. 

The keys for a Bills win will be to run the ball effectively and continue to pick up yards on first down through the air. Tyrod still has a long ways to go as a QB but the threat he offers when rolling out has added a unique wrinkle to the offense that has proven hard to stop. Defensively the Bills need to continue their dominant ways by making the Bengals one dimensional. Dalton is likely to turn the ball over with enough pressure on him and with AJ Green as their only real receiving threat, the Bills revamped secondary can make some plays and help seal a victory.

Prediction: Bills 27, Bengals 17.

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

The good news for Buffalo however, is that the Bengals are 17th against the run and McCoy is due to go off soon.

That is pre-Burfict coming back though.  Burfict is our best run defender.  That said McCoy is another level, he'll get his yards...

These are the teams/games we should win and in typical Bills fashion, usually end up losing, bringing us back to reality. 

That said, I had us winning back when my projected record for the Bills was 4-12, and I don't see my prediction of a win changing. Let's get to 4-1 before the bye! 

I guess you will all have the opportunity to tell me, I am an idiot for going against one of my favourite teams, but in our weekly Survivor's Pool, I took Cincy to win.

The way I see it, the Denver game was a classic. We got Denver in between Dallas and Oakland. Guess which team they played out of Dallas, Oakland and Buffalo that they had zero emotion for???

Traditionally, losing teams in the SB, stink it up the following season, See: Carolina, so I was expecting the eventual collapse by Atlanta.

Cincy should becharged up for us and we are on the road, so I am going Cincy I think it will be tough for Buffalo to sustain with Taylor at QB.

3 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

This is the type of game to potentially drive our forum nuts. Bills put up consecutive great games to only put up a stinker against a team we should beat.

I think we buck the trend and put up another strong showing in another close game 

This is the type of game that we could look back on at the end of the season and see where it all went right or wrong, similar to that first Dolphins game last year. 

1 hour ago, Iamcanadian said:

I guess you will all have the opportunity to tell me, I am an idiot for going against one of my favourite teams, but in our weekly Survivor's Pool, I took Cincy to win.

The way I see it, the Denver game was a classic. We got Denver in between Dallas and Oakland. Guess which team they played out of Dallas, Oakland and Buffalo that they had zero emotion for???

Traditionally, losing teams in the SB, stink it up the following season, See: Carolina, so I was expecting the eventual collapse by Atlanta.

Cincy should becharged up for us and we are on the road, so I am going Cincy I think it will be tough for Buffalo to sustain with Taylor at QB.

Didn't you say the exact same thing last week before we beat the Falcons?

I have no reason to change what I wrote before...

"We are giving up yards, just not scores...yet. Cincy is playing better and those players could care less how we have played them in the past. It's going to be a tough game. Still, I have us winning that game, but I don't know how long we can keep winning when we are losing the battle of yardage. Plus, all this talk of being better disciplined - and I've been guilty of it, too - when we are still committing quite a few penalties. We've still got a ways to go. I think it's good we are catching them this early. before they get more familiar with Lazor's offense.

Bills 18 (110 rushing, 170 passing, 1 turnover)

Bengals 16 (90 rushing, 210 passing, 2 turnovers)"

11 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Another big matchup from this game will be AJ Green vs TreDavious White.. This kids been arguably our best defender to this point with Micah Hyde.

I'm gonna say 

Buffalo 20

Cincy 16

If Cincy is smart they'll will move him into the slot and have him go against Leonard Johnson. The Falcons did that with Jones and we didn't adjust. We got lucky with him getting injured.

Game we should win but will probably lose. Bengals are playing better and are desperate to get back into things in the weak AFC North. 

We gotta get more out of our weapons if we want to sustain success. We have a nice formula to win but we have to expand our formula and use our recievers as just a possesion type recievers.

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Seems like this is the most nervous we have all been for a game since mid last season. 

One way or another they always rope us back in :$

Like I said. It's the first Dolphins game from last season all over. We win it and we're sitting in a really strong position. We lose it and we're at 3-2 and "in the hunt" like always.

On 10/4/2017 at 9:26 PM, LeeEvans said:

Didn't you say the exact same thing last week before we beat the Falcons?

I do not think too many of us thought we would beat the Falcons, but I am not complaining. Maybe we are on a roll, it definitely happens in pro football and can carry you a long way, but I'll be screwed in the Survivor's Pool and won't mind it a bit.

Archived