2020: Week 4 - v Denver Broncos [TNF]

Bianconero

i was not sure where the brunt of the problems lie. But I am quite positive tonight. The problem with the Jets is ownership.

They have no ability to ***** talent and make the right moves. That is the reason the jets hire a coach that was fired by Miami. This is the reason a failed Gm is allowed to draft players right before his termination. 

Tonight I see Sam Darnold miss open receivers. Wide Open 3rd string receivers. This is the crux of the problem. Bad ownership hires bad leadership which draft incapable Quarterbacks.

if the Jets go 1-15 this year it will be a blessing. Clean up house. Remove all remnants of the Macgnan era. Every last piece must be removed.

• Like 1

Well I am finally on board not only Gase,  has got to go but also Greg Williams, has to go also his defensive  gave up 37 points to a team that was playing a third string QB who flat out sucked. All those roughing calls where on Greg Williams. Tomorrow we are going to have a long talk about that waste of time Chris Herndon, another game where caught a two yard pass and ran for nine more yards. ! rec for 11 yards. And while at it burn those ugly black jerseys

Edited by doumeyer

Greg Williams is a P-O-S and should be suspended, let alone fired right along with Gase.  Too many players have come out through the years and said that dirty hits after the whistle and inflicting gratuitious damage (risking needless injury).  Not the right culture for this clubhouse and is the reason why Williams has never been and most likely never will be a HC.

edit: not to mention his defense has usually been overrated. and this one is another train wreck.  

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

Just embarrassing all around. Win the turnover battle and still lose. Only 1 offensive TD again. Defense gives up over 30 to a guy that should never have started a NFL game. And once again there’s no positives to take away from the game. The lone positive was that Jeff Smith looked good. 

What a weird game.

We scored 28 points (21 offensively) and had no turnovers and yet our offense still definitely looks like crap. Sam's throws just look... strange. His accuracy when he has to arc the ball seems to be just all over the place. And as usual, we're below 200 net passing yards in an era where that's really hard to do.

We had a corner get two picks, including a pick-six, and yet I would 100% support cutting him tomorrow. The Broncos' strategy for half the game seemed to just be "throw the ball at Desir". And it worked very well for them.

Our defense had three forced turnovers, and yet I'd really only give credit to Poole for a good play. Desir's two were thrown right to him really. The defense as a whole could barely force a single incompletion for the first three quarters and were absolutely penalty crazy.

Fire Gregg Williams right now. Honestly, we deserve all the bad karma we get for hiring him, knowing exactly what kind of guy he is.

On the other side, Crowder is amazing and this Jeff Smith guy seems promising. So, at least there's that.

5 hours ago, Bianconero said:

We're an embarrassment

they're both in the wrong here.  you're up by 9 with 8 seconds left and you're dropping your QB back?  just punt it.  the jets have proven they can't move the ball, why risk the type of situation that ended up happening? Gase shouldn't have used the time out and Fangio should have just punted it.

1 hour ago, TheChad said:

What a weird game.

We scored 28 points (21 offensively) and had no turnovers and yet our offense still definitely looks like crap. Sam's throws just look... strange. His accuracy when he has to arc the ball seems to be just all over the place. And as usual, we're below 200 net passing yards in an era where that's really hard to do.

We had a corner get two picks, including a pick-six, and yet I would 100% support cutting him tomorrow. The Broncos' strategy for half the game seemed to just be "throw the ball at Desir". And it worked very well for them.

Our defense had three forced turnovers, and yet I'd really only give credit to Poole for a good play. Desir's two were thrown right to him really. The defense as a whole could barely force a single incompletion for the first three quarters and were absolutely penalty crazy.

Fire Gregg Williams right now. Honestly, we deserve all the bad karma we get for hiring him, knowing exactly what kind of guy he is.

On the other side, Crowder is amazing and this Jeff Smith guy seems promising. So, at least there's that.

the offense scored 1 touchdown.  the defense scored 1 touchdown.  and ficken had 16.  this was an embarassment on all sides of the ball, minus Ficken.  the whole staff should be canned today.

Sad thing is is that it appears Gase is going nowhere. Now I do think we fire gase at some point. But that wont be today or even in the next week or 2. The bye week is the earliest it appears. And even then... I think we might wait until the day after the regular season. We should know what pick we will have. And have a better look at Darnold then. To see if it's time to stick with Darnold, that he's not the issue. Or to turn the page and go after a top QB in this draft and package that with a new HC as a sales piece (I think a good amount of HCs will be excited to have Lawrence as their QB). We will see how the season plays out.

What I'm cheering for is for JBC to take over play calling at some point and us getting a healthy Bell, Mims and Perriman back and we show some life under Darnold.

The Cager play the announcers kept harping on is serious cause for concern.  Sam is missing easy NFL throws right in the middle of the field.  I mean by nfl standards he was wide open in between the hash marks and Sam held the ball.  Not sure what he is thinking there but nfl qbs have to make that throw.  It's one thing to hold the ball and break the pocket because you have happy feet but they ran PA, he planted his back foot and Cager was wide open yet he missed him.  

I think Sam can be a decent QB but that ship has sailed here.  He is broken and needs to go somewhere and sit for a year to try to get his confidence back.  The OL is taking heat but Sam is holding the ball too long and missing way too many WRs.  This isn't a nobody is open thing this is a QB issue. Its sad that it came to this but last years OL broke Sam.  Shame on Maccagnan.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

The Cager play the announcers kept harping on is serious cause for concern.  Sam is missing easy NFL throws right in the middle of the field.  I mean by nfl standards he was wide open in between the hash marks and Sam held the ball.  Not sure what he is thinking there but nfl qbs have to make that throw.  It's one thing to hold the ball and break the pocket because you have happy feet but they ran PA, he planted his back foot and Cager was wide open yet he missed him.  

I think Sam can be a decent QB but that ship has sailed here.  He is broken and needs to go somewhere and sit for a year to try to get his confidence back.  The OL is taking heat but Sam is holding the ball too long and missing way too many WRs.  This isn't a nobody is open thing this is a QB issue. Its sad that it came to this but last years OL broke Sam.  Shame on Maccagnan.

He's a player playing with 0 confidence and scared. It's the worst way for a QB to play. Add that Flacco is back healthy..... he probably feels a ton of pressure for his job as well.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

He's a player playing with 0 confidence and scared. It's the worst way for a QB to play. Add that Flacco is back healthy..... he probably feels a ton of pressure for his job as well.

I don’t think even Adam Gase is dumb enough to play Flacco. It won’t save his job