2020: Week 4 - v Denver Broncos [TNF]

Bianconero

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

This needs to blow up.

Sam is NOT the Man. He is broken here in New York and we should trade him while he is still on his rookie contract and get a 2nd round pick for him. I do believe that we will be picking number 1 this year and the pick will be Trevor Lawrence. 

Adam Gase and the other coaches. They are all going to get a pink slips on black Monday. Yes Gase will not be fired this year. I know this sucks but in one way this will mean we will secure the #1 pick. 

The new HC that will go with Trevor is I hate to say it but it is a classic jet move is Jason Garrett. I'm not happy with this but they will see how he did well with Dak and Romo. I hate this move and want Jim H or Eric B but these guys want nothing to do with the Jets. 

I’m not too surprised at the reactions to the game. We suck. By far the worse team in the league. People need to stop worrying about us potentially winning meaningless game. We’re picking 1st overall. It’s a shame how awful this team is.

The team actually slightly outperformed my expectations. But that’s not saying much. We aren’t winning more than 1 or 2 games this year.

20 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I’m not too surprised at the reactions to the game. We suck. By far the worse team in the league. People need to stop worrying about us potentially winning meaningless game. We’re picking 1st overall. It’s a shame how awful this team is.

The team actually slightly outperformed my expectations. But that’s not saying much. We aren’t winning more than 1 or 2 games this year.

It’s hard to even get excited about Lawrence. We will find a way to ruin him too.

10 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

It’s hard to even get excited about Lawrence. We will find a way to ruin him too.

That's an overreaction.  We don't have a history of ruining QBs.  

Chad was a good QB he just got hurt unfortunately.  Sanchez was good and he just wasn't good enough to continue to elevate the players around him once his situation went from perfect to below average.  Geno just sucked even though he was in a bad situation. 

Sam was ruined for sure because Mac drafted a QB then drafted all DL, ILB, and SS to help him.  That was on Mac.  JD did what he could but it was too late.  Ownership also did him no favors with a terrible hire on Gase when any one of KK, Monken, or Rhule maybe could have helped.

The whole Jets ruin QBs is just wildly exaggerated.

We have never had a chance when a legit QB prospect is there like Luck or Manning is available.  This may be our chance and that is why hiring a bright offensive mind and building the offensive line is key to this offseason.

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Chad was a good QB he just got hurt unfortunately.  Sanchez was good and he just wasn't good enough to continue to elevate the players around him once his situation went from perfect to below average.  Geno just sucked even though he was in a bad situation. 

Sam was ruined for sure because Mac drafted a QB then drafted all DL, ILB, and SS to help him.  That was on Mac.  JD did what he could but it was too late.  Ownership also did him no favors with a terrible hire on Gase when any one of KK, Monken, or Rhule maybe could have helped.

We have never had a chance when a legit QB prospect is there like Luck or Manning is available.  This may be our chance and that is why hiring a bright offensive mind and building the offensive line is key to this offseason.

I would also like to add that T Law is way more talented than Sanchez, Darnold, and Geno smith. T Law is probably the best QB prospect since Luck. 

7 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I would also like to add that T Law is way more talented than Sanchez, Darnold, and Geno smith. T Law is probably the best QB prospect since Luck. 

Lawrence actually has a college resume. Sanchez had 1 decent year at USC and Darnold was okay in 2. 

15 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I’m not saying we constantly ruin QBs. But we will have nothing in place for him. Sanchez and Darnold both showed promise but we did nothing to support them at all. I’m hoping JD bucks that trend but after Becton it’s not too exciting. I like that he tried to address the offensive line but moves like Kalil, GVR and McGovern aren’t looking good so far.

The WR situation was grossly understated. The decision to let Robby walk for peanuts and replace him with Perriman was awful.

I agree the Gase hire was ultimately the worst move. Like someone else already said, we will draft Lawrence and likely hire someone like Jason Garrett to coach the team. But until the clueless owners step out of the way, I don’t have any expectations.

3 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Now the injury report is out, do we give Darnold a pass? He wasn't reading the field well, but his accuracy and throw power was definitely limited by his shoulder.

No he missed wide open guys when he had time to throw. Now he is in year 3 he should be beyond this stuff if he is a franchise QB. It is time to move on from Sam Darnold. We HAVE to get T Law at all cost. He is the best QB prospect since Luck and has a great college resume. I think you bring him in along with his RB and that will help out a lot. If for some reason Doug Peterson is let go from the eagles or Jim H wants to coach here you take one of those guys. I'm tired of all the excuses. JD needs to take some heat too. You need someone to step up and say we suck and everyone is going to be held accountable for their actions. The flags are way out of control too. I don't care who steps up but at least show your a man and willing ti tase the heat and say this crap has to stop now not tomorrow not after breakfast but NOW!!!!! I don't care if it is the Johnson's, Sam, JD, Becton, Greg Williams, or even Gase. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Now the injury report is out, do we give Darnold a pass? He wasn't reading the field well, but his accuracy and throw power was definitely limited by his shoulder.

Darnold will have the rest of the year to change people's minds but let's be clear if the Jets get the number 1 pick it's a no brainier.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’m not saying we constantly ruin QBs. But we will have nothing in place for him. Sanchez and Darnold both showed promise but we did nothing to support them at all. I’m hoping JD bucks that trend but after Becton it’s not too exciting. I like that he tried to address the offensive line but moves like Kalil, GVR and McGovern aren’t looking good so far.

The WR situation was grossly understated. The decision to let Robby walk for peanuts and replace him with Perriman was awful.

I agree the Gase hire was ultimately the worst move. Like someone else already said, we will draft Lawrence and likely hire someone like Jason Garrett to coach the team. But until the clueless owners step out of the way, I don’t have any expectations.

Did nothing to support Sanchez?  Huh?

The number 1 defense and rush attack in the NFL was nothing.  Things started to decline as we got cap strapped but Sanchez was on about a good a spot a young QB could ask for and he turned out to be a product of the situation.  As things started to get worse he never improved.  Those teams carried him and eventually his true colors showed that he wasn't all that good.

Sam was ruined for sure but that was on Mac.  To paint the Jets as a place where QBs get ruined is just not true.  There just isn't enough evidence to support that.  Recent history with Sam is not promising but a GM that prioritizes the OL and a HC with a creative approach is enough to get Lawrence or whoever the next QB is into a place to succeed.

6 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

No he missed wide open guys when he had time to throw. Now he is in year 3 he should be beyond this stuff if he is a franchise QB. It is time to move on from Sam Darnold. We HAVE to get T Law at all cost. He is the best QB prospect since Luck and has a great college resume. I think you bring him in along with his RB and that will help out a lot. If for some reason Doug Peterson is let go from the eagles or Jim H wants to coach here you take one of those guys. I'm tired of all the excuses. JD needs to take some heat too. You need someone to step up and say we suck and everyone is going to be held accountable for their actions. The flags are way out of control too. I don't care who steps up but at least show your a man and willing ti tase the heat and say this crap has to stop now not tomorrow not after breakfast but NOW!!!!! I don't care if it is the Johnson's, Sam, JD, Becton, Greg Williams, or even Gase. 

Never said not to take TLaw, just putting Darnold's performance in perspective.

And y'all need to stop hating on JD. He just got here and he has no control over the coaching - Gase reports to ownership. He's already hit with Becton and jury is out on Mims. As for FA, it's not like we were the belle of the ball nor did we have a normal FA season thanks to COVID.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Did nothing to support Sanchez?  Huh?

The number 1 defense and rush attack in the NFL was nothing.  Things started to decline as we got cap strapped but Sanchez was on about a good a spot a young QB could ask for and he turned out to be a product of the situation.  As things started to get worse he never improved.  Those teams carried him and eventually his true colors showed that he wasn't all that good.

Sam was ruined for sure but that was on Mac.  To paint the Jets as a place where QBs get ruined is just not true.  There just isn't enough evidence to support that.  Recent history with Sam is not promising but a GM that prioritizes the OL and a HC with a creative approach is enough to get Lawrence or whoever the next QB is into a place to succeed.

Sanchez was drafted into that situation though and probably shouldn’t have been starting from the jump. It was bad decisions like giving Holmes the extension, signing Derrick Mason, drafting defensive player after defensive player etc, but I agree Sanchez just wasn’t good enough. That team needed a veteran QB.

As far as Sam, after what has unfolded the last few years that’s the light the Jets are painted in, fairly or not. JD seems to have a much better understanding than Mac did until this point, but there’s every right to be skeptical until we see it. The next HC hire will be absolutely critical, and if we make another hire like Gase forget it. It’s amazing that practically this entire board knew the Gase hire was going to fail from the moment it was announced.