2020: Week 4 - v Denver Broncos [TNF]

Bianconero

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Sanchez was drafted into that situation though and probably shouldn’t have been starting from the jump. It was bad decisions like giving Holmes the extension, signing Derrick Mason, drafting defensive player after defensive player etc, but I agree Sanchez just wasn’t good enough. That team needed a veteran QB.

As far as Sam, after what has unfolded the last few years that’s the light the Jets are painted in, fairly or not. JD seems to have a much better understanding than Mac did until this point, but there’s every right to be skeptical until we see it. The next HC hire will be absolutely critical, and if we make another hire like Gase forget it. It’s amazing that practically this entire board knew the Gase hire was going to fail from the moment it was announced.

Without question getting the right HC will go a long way.  Any garbage retreads like Garrett shouldn't be even in the discussion.

Hopefully we don't screw this up again because with Lawrence and JD adding a bright HC could finally put this team on the right track especially with all the draft capital and cap space they will have.

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Without question getting the right HC will go a long way.  Any garbage retreads like Garrett shouldn't be even in the discussion.

Hopefully we don't screw this up again because with Lawrence and JD adding a bright HC could finally put this team on the right track especially with all the draft capital and cap space they will have.

As crazy as it sounds, I really hope Woody is back running things when it’s time to choose the coach. Lesser of the two Johnsons 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xrade said:

It could be 3 for 3.  Didn't he spurn us in FA when the Colts let him go because NJ/NY was Eli's town?

Yes Tannenbaum pretty much went to him and said what can we do to get you here? He said “nothing” and then he pivoted and gave Sanchez that wonderful extension.

6 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

It’s hard to even get excited about Lawrence. We will find a way to ruin him too.

No doubt. I could careless about the #1 pick. As you noted, we’re just going to ruin Lawrence. I just feel pretty strongly that we’re so awful that the #1 pick is practically guaranteed.