Eagles sign former Cardinals WR Hakeem Butler; moving him to TE

RaidersAreOne

On 9/30/2020 at 7:45 AM, jebrick said:

Not me.  I called him a non-blocking TE from the beginning.  Horrible hands though

Yeah, i suppose if you're calling him a TE, and then just using him as a jumbo slot receiver, more or less...that's probably about the right thing to do.

His hands are infuriating though, because he'd make these crazy catches away from his body that would show off this wild catch radius.  Then he'd drop a bunch of everything else.

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah, i suppose if you're calling him a TE, and then just using him as a jumbo slot receiver, more or less...that's probably about the right thing to do.

His hands are infuriating though, because he'd make these crazy catches away from his body that would show off this wild catch radius.  Then he'd drop a bunch of everything else.

What I had re-read on his draft report was that he would try to bring in a lot of catches into his body. This could be a part of his drops issue.  He's big and highly athletic. Throw him in as a jumbo WR, there are tools to work with. There have been a number of guys that get written off and then come back from "out of nowhere". I don't know about his off-field/meeting room habits/demeanor, so maybe that's playing a factor into things.