GDT 10/4/20 Week 4: 2-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 1-2 Washington Football Team

DreamKid

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Outside of that 30 yard TD run in Houston when the line essentially blocked that up perfectly and he could free run into the endzone he's got 25 carries for 84 yards.

That's 3.3 YPC.

And are you watching the games? There's no way you can sit there and tell me Mark Ingram looks explosive this year lol you just can't. I want him to, I'm rooting for him to, he's one of my favorite players on the team. But so far it is incredibly clear that Gus and JK have both looked better...that's not slander that's just seeing things for what they are

Yeah, let's magically take away a run that actually happened and contributed to a victory to benefit your wack argument. 

He's averaging 4.4 yards per carry and he's most definitely not "cooked". Gus should be the #1 based on play so far. His carries have been rather limited as we're not running as much as last year thus far. Can hardly judge his explosiveness yet. 

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

As long as the end result is him netting the squad a compensatory pick I can get down with said production. Want no part in him picking up a few sacks and the team feeling like they need to sign him for some sort of loyalty reasons.

I didn't want to re-sign him this off season and production this far leadse to not wanting him next year if we can find a suitable replacement. 

Is Ferguson on a milk box? I seen him recover the fumble I believe. I thought he had an okay first or second game (forget which). We need to get this pass rush going. 

This sounds sore loserish but the limited holding calls this year have went against us heavily as far as pass rush goes. I must've counted at least 7 blatent holding calls on Monday. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel

31 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I didn't want to re-sign him this off season and production this far leadse to not wanting him next year if we can find a suitable replacement. 

Is Ferguson on a milk box? I seen him recover the fumble I believe. I thought he had an okay first or second game (forget which). We need to get this pass rush going. 

This sounds sore loserish but the limited holding calls this year have went against us heavily as far as pass rush goes. I must've counted at least 7 blatent holding calls on Monday. 

Yeah the team wouldn’t be in a worse spot without Judon. I’m pretty sure I was in the same boat about not wanting to resign or franchise him. I wanted to let him walk unless he accepted a cheap deal far lower than his market impact. The team would’ve been far better with a 3rd round compensatory pick in tow as Judon was nestled away on the Jets injury report.

The team instead, when they found themselves in a situation to grab a true front 7 impact player in Clowney, we would’ve had the ability to do so and not have to try and make up sign and trade opportunities to make it happen.

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Yeah, let's magically take away a run that actually happened and contributed to a victory to benefit your wack argument. 

He's averaging 4.4 yards per carry and he's most definitely not "cooked". Gus should be the #1 based on play so far. His carries have been rather limited as we're not running as much as last year thus far. Can hardly judge his explosiveness yet. 

It’s not a whack argument. Your’s is lol you’re taking one run with a wide open hole to prove a guy has looked good over the entirety of the first 3 games.

I’m not “magically” taking away anything. It was a play where the blocking was perfect and he picked the right hole. Was a good play. 90% of the RBs in the league would have made it. What that play didn’t show was any sort of explosive ability that would make someone watch his other 25 carries for 84 yards so far this year that have lacked any semblance of the juice/sway/extra punch we saw out of him last year (from the first snap of the season in Miami) and go “man, that guy looks good this year”.

Is what it is bro. One of us will be proven right this year. I personally hope it’s you because that’s better for our team. But so far Mark Ingram has looked every bit of a 30 year old back this year and one perfectly blocked direct snap play doesn’t change that.

Edited by Ray Reed

49 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah the team wouldn’t be in a worse spot without Judon. I’m pretty sure I was in the same boat about not wanting to resign or franchise him. I wanted to let him walk unless he accepted a cheap deal far lower than his market impact. The team would’ve been far better with a 3rd round compensatory pick in tow as Judon was nestled away on the Jets injury report.

The team instead, when they found themselves in a situation to grab a true front 7 impact player in Clowney, we would’ve had the ability to do so and not have to try and make up sign and trade opportunities to make it happen.

I feel DeCosta got a little cute. We should've just signed Clowney. I'm sure the money got funny in the deal. Like you said, Letting Judon walk, we could've signed the far better play in Clowney. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drd23 said:

We're getting Madubuike and Moore back, but now guys like Smith, Fort, Wolfe, and Stanley pop on. Sucks.

Washington is bad enough to the point where guys that are dinged up could take a rest game while we work in other players though. 

15 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’ve noticed Jihad Ward as a bigger difference maker than Judon, which is no slight against Ward, but he’s proven he deserves snaps. Judon has not.

Honestly at this point I wouldn’t be against moving Judon at the trade deadline. Not sure for what in return, but if it’s good value, I’m all in.

Thing is, are you just looking for a draft pick or a player? I would say trade him to Seattle because their pass rush is crappy, but they have no draft capital to give us.

If we could net a 3rd or 4th for him, maybe? 

11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

We're getting Madubuike and Moore back, but now guys like Smith, Fort, Wolfe, and Stanley pop on. Sucks.

Washington is bad enough to the point where guys that are dinged up could take a rest game while we work in other players though. 

A lot of those guys may have just been on a modified rest/recovery day, especially considering we played Monday night. Think the injury/practice report today will give us a better sense of where we're at injury-wise. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

A lot of those guys may have just been on a modified rest/recovery day, especially considering we played Monday night.

Maybe, but usually when it's just vet/rest days there's no actually body part listed. We'll see though. Could be as you said.

4 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

A lot of those guys may have just been on a modified rest/recovery day, especially considering we played Monday night. Think the injury/practice report today will give us a better sense of where we're at injury-wise. 

Here we go-

If Wolfe is out Madubuike could see a lot of time. Would be a big game for both him and Broderick.