Eagles TE Dallas Goedert fractures ankle; put on IR...

TheRealMcCoy

So, if you are wondering why we signed WR Hakeem Butler off the Panthers' practice squad to move him to TE........ this is why.

Dallas Goedert should be establishing himself as a top 4-7 TE in the league.... only definitely behind Kelce and Kittle. Right there with the likes of Ertz, Waller, Andrews etc.

He came out with a huge week 1 against Washington with 8 receptions and 101 yards.

Wentz targeted him 8 times in week 2 but only hit him on half.....  ugh

He missed him on 1 pass where he had Jalen Ramsey (shut down D Jax that game) beat who is a stud corner.... threw it back shoulder when Ramsey was trailing and it should've been out in front.

It's unfortunate he got drafted to the Eagles and had to sit behind Ertz which limited his development and stats. If he would've been on a team without a great TE already on the roster I believe he would be seen as an elite TE somewhere by now.

Conclusion: I'm sad and also...

2a1093_dc74d1ff658c405087cd1b7059a48090~

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:
22 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Hell of a player. Thought he'd be a stud coming out of college. Glad to see he's on his way. Although, I think it's a bit generous to say he beat Ramsey.

huh? he had at minimum a step on him, a good ball is an easy catch.

Yeah, I have no idea what he's talking about. Just cause he beat Ramsey doesn't mean he burned him or anything. 

For a TE to get off a release like that and get on top of a stud CB like Ramsey and have a step and be in position for a 20+ yard completion is very impressive.

You aren't really ever gonna see a TE dust Ramsey there unless he slips or something.

29 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I have no idea what he's talking about. Just cause he beat Ramsey doesn't mean he burned him or anything. 

For a TE to get off a release like that and get on top of a stud CB like Ramsey and have a step and be in position for a 20+ yard completion is very impressive.

You aren't really ever gonna see a TE dust Ramsey there unless he slips or something.

Ramsey is significantly faster. If Wentz tried to throw it in over the top, Ramsey would have closed. I'm not saying he didn't have a step, but Ramsey was still in position to defend the play.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Ramsey is significantly faster. If Wentz tried to throw it in over the top, Ramsey would have closed. I'm not saying he didn't have a step, but Ramsey was still in position to defend the play.

yea, a good ball is still an easy catch. goeddert is significantly bigger, aomething over the outsise shoulder is a catch all day. not sure why its such a point of contention...