Week 4: New York Giants @ LA Rams

Shockwave

On 9/30/2020 at 8:19 PM, El Ramster said:

Lots of beer. Lots of draft talk. Lots of sorrow. But my goodness. Y’all won 2 chips the last 20 years. So it’s not that bad.. 

Yall acting like Philly fans fused with cowboys nation. Is it that bad? 

For me it's not even about that. Every season since 2016 for us has been over by mid october.  Nothing to look forward too, not even competitive.  How many seasons do we have to see like this to just give up hope.  Changes need to be made starting at the top and until that happens I won't be optimistic.

16 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

For me it's not even about that. Every season since 2016 for us has been over by mid october.  Nothing to look forward too, not even competitive.  How many seasons do we have to see like this to just give up hope.  Changes need to be made starting at the top and until that happens I won't be optimistic.

*Laughs in WFT*

• Like 1

It could be worse. You could be a Vikings fan also. 😜

But yeah, NY football has been pretty depressing recently. Jerry Reese ran the team into the ground--and into a particularly deep level of cap hell from what I've heard. Dave Gettleman inherited that, a 37-year-old Eli, and poor drafting. Then he added some bad picks of his own. The HC position has been a revolving door. Daniel Jones has shown flashes of brilliance but it remains to be seen if he can grow into his role.

I'm rooting for Judge to turn things around, but that's not going to happen overnight.

I definitely don't miss the years when the rams just consistently went 2-14 or 4-12 at best. 14 straight years of 7-9 or worse.. usually worse lol but I never missed a game. One thing I learned in those years, is any given Sunday we could have shocked the world. In 07 I went to a game against the bills in St. Louis and we barely lost, then went on to beat Washington and blew out Dallas before losing the rest of our games. Or even when we randomly destroyed New Orleans or Denver when they had Peyton. Its tough. Im definitely trying to enjoy the Mcvay era as much as possible cause you never know when you'll fall again.  

As for this game, I do expect a similar outcome as our last game (which I went to since I live in Jersey). However, I hope the rams stay smart and don't underestimate the giants. After all, they are still an NFL team, regardless of injuries. After this game, I hope to see you guys win some games. Im a big fan of Joe Judge, I hope he does big things in the future. Seems like a smart and young guy. Hoping for an injury free game! 

• Like 3

On 10/2/2020 at 11:42 PM, MDY10 said:

I definitely don't miss the years when the rams just consistently went 2-14 or 4-12 at best. 14 straight years of 7-9 or worse.. usually worse lol but I never missed a game. One thing I learned in those years, is any given Sunday we could have shocked the world. In 07 I went to a game against the bills in St. Louis and we barely lost, then went on to beat Washington and blew out Dallas before losing the rest of our games. Or even when we randomly destroyed New Orleans or Denver when they had Peyton. Its tough. Im definitely trying to enjoy the Mcvay era as much as possible cause you never know when you'll fall again.  

As for this game, I do expect a similar outcome as our last game (which I went to since I live in Jersey). However, I hope the rams stay smart and don't underestimate the giants. After all, they are still an NFL team, regardless of injuries. After this game, I hope to see you guys win some games. Im a big fan of Joe Judge, I hope he does big things in the future. Seems like a smart and young guy. Hoping for an injury free game! 

We normally have the Saints number. Even when they scored 60pts against the Colts which was a franchise record they went to St. Louis and lost the next week. One year the game was in New Orleans and my dad and I went to the game. I remember hearing on the radio they said Rams had no shot to win and the Rams won. I was so happy lol. 

The Broncos game I predicted as a win even before the season started. The Broncos had a 3 game road trip and one of those games was on the east coast to New England which was a huge game for them. I felt like the last game on the road trip to St. Louis would be a letdown game for them and it was. Peyton got dominated and the Broncos lost. 

The Giants have a lot to rebuild but they can do it. The Rams was an expansion type team when Snead and Fisher took over. That RG3 trade kicked started things. The Giants could be in position if they get the 1st pick for someone who want Lawrence or the 2nd pick for someone who might want Fields. Get a ton of picks put pieces around Jones and see what happens. If Jones don’t work out the Giants will still have the future draft capital from a possible blockbuster draft day trade to go get a QB in the future but they have to surround Jones with pieces to see if he is truly the guy. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

More disgusting football. So glad it's not the nationally televised game. I'm streaming it but it's going about exactly I figured it would.

Giants making a play here and there on defense with a few sacks and fumble but cant seem to breathe on offense

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

My friends had season tickets! I can find some die hands on the west. 

Thats awesome, I live in the east coast and would pretty much only see rams fans when id go to the draft or fly out to St. Louis / LA. Sadly the draft isn't in New York anymore though so it'll be a while lol ill run into one every once in a while. Cant expect to find much being across the country 

50 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Thats awesome, I live in the east coast and would pretty much only see rams fans when id go to the draft or fly out to St. Louis / LA. Sadly the draft isn't in New York anymore though so it'll be a while lol ill run into one every once in a while. Cant expect to find much being across the country 

Whats the story here? How's an east coast guy end up a Rams fan?

2 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Whats the story here? How's an east coast guy end up a Rams fan?

I was pretty young when the rams won the Super Bowl in 99, but in video games they were so good so I started to like them. Then by 04 I was watching every game and haven't missed a game since. Sadly.. I sat through 14 straight years of 1-15 to 7-9 max before being able to see something competitive. Thats why I try to really appreciate the Mcvay era lol But thats pretty much how