Week 4: Seattle Seahawks (3-0) @ Miami Dolphins (1-2)

TheKillerNacho

The O-line is looking great and is young to boot, they need linebackers and another big time receiver.  Tua will get his shot in plenty of time to see if he is the answer or not before next years draft. Right now it looks possible that Miami could have maybe 2 of the top 10 picks next draft and 4 of the top 46 picks that would be a great bonus to a bad season especially if Tua gets in and looks great by seasons end. I would love to see Miami make the playoffs this season but I do not think that will happen and worse case scenario would be to win 8 games and not make the playoffs. If Miami loses next week to the 49ers I would be looking for Tua if he is really healthy to be getting close to getting his shot.

19 hours ago, Emerica said:

Parker is a good receiver but I cannot for the life of me remember a player who was as fragile as him. It's like we have to cross our fingers every time he catches the ball. We're going to have to look at drafting a WR early next draft.

I agree on WR and also a RB have to be high on our priorities. I don't want to over pay in free agency for a RB, man I was so wrong on Jordan Howard. 

for the first time in a long time, I love the direction our O line is headed. 

16 hours ago, JourneymanQB13 said:

Ejgtl2NWsAYzc45?format=jpg&name=large

Not that this is the reason we lost. But this should have been a 4th and inches. Am I missing something? 

This was the first Miami game this year where I can actively say the refs weren't very good at all. That holding call on Flowers was crap.  They clearly missed on that illegal forward pass by Fitz (why didn't Flores challenge that?).  Just not a good day for the zebras.  To clarify, I'm not saying the Fins would have won anyway.  Just that they certainly weren't being helped out.

14 hours ago, Emerica said:

Lost in all this is the fact that the Texans are now 0-4. I'm liking our chances of ending up with one of Micah Parsons or Dylan Moses. 

That was a big loss.  Need the Jags to step it up this next week.

14 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

The O-line is looking great and is young to boot, they need linebackers and another big time receiver.  Tua will get his shot in plenty of time to see if he is the answer or not before next years draft. Right now it looks possible that Miami could have maybe 2 of the top 10 picks next draft and 4 of the top 46 picks that would be a great bonus to a bad season especially if Tua gets in and looks great by seasons end. I would love to see Miami make the playoffs this season but I do not think that will happen and worse case scenario would be to win 8 games and not make the playoffs. If Miami loses next week to the 49ers I would be looking for Tua if he is really healthy to be getting close to getting his shot.

Did Austin Jackson end up making it back in the game yesterday?  I know he hurt his foot, left for awhile, came back in (and wasn't nearly as sharp), and was taken out again.  But believe it or not, Davenport wasn't horrendous when he came in for a spell.  Granted, Seattle is not a good pass-rushing team.  

Fitz just wasn't good enough yesterday.  He probably should have been picked at least 4 times.  I love that guy, but it's clearly Tua Time.  The Oline has definitely been good enough and the next 2 opponents have seen major injuries to their pass rushers.  Chargers and Rams have really good D-lines still, but that's at least 3 weeks away.  

3 hours ago, FinSting said:

After Fitz's horrendous game yesterday, coach has not yet committed to Fitz being the starter next week (said they Herald's Beasley)

Tua's debut next Sunday? Yes please. 

Don't you do this to me, Flores.  Don't you get my hopes up, only to come out on Thursday or something and say that you were "misunderstood" and that Fitz is the unquestioned starter this year.  

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

Don't you do this to me, Flores.  Don't you get my hopes up, only to come out on Thursday or something and say that you were "misunderstood" and that Fitz is the unquestioned starter this year.  

The new misunderstood quote is something like "Tua is fully cleared medically and that's why we don't want to play him."

Wait, what?

• Like 1

my theory is that because you guys play us (49ers) this weekend, and we are pulling the ole' "we dont know who our QB is going to be this week" Flores has decided to pull the ole' "we dont know who our QB is going to be this week" trick. 

Classic. 

But seriously, the niners could start one of three different QBs this week. Garoppolo, CJ beat hard, and nick mullens. I really dont know which one it will be. 

Would make sense to bring back jimmy G for 'tune up game' before brutal schedule starts (LAR, NE, SEA, GB, NO, -bye-, LAR, BUF). Thats 7 straight games against playoff teams basically. 

The problem is that our OL has been garbage so they wont want to play an injured QB there. 

We also have zero DEs. The fanbase is clamoring for Cameron Wake. Dion Jordan sees significant snaps for us. 

4 hours ago, N4L said:

my theory is that because you guys play us (49ers) this weekend, and we are pulling the ole' "we dont know who our QB is going to be this week" Flores has decided to pull the ole' "we dont know who our QB is going to be this week" trick. 

Classic. 

But seriously, the niners could start one of three different QBs this week. Garoppolo, CJ beat hard, and nick mullens. I really dont know which one it will be. 

Would make sense to bring back jimmy G for 'tune up game' before brutal schedule starts (LAR, NE, SEA, GB, NO, -bye-, LAR, BUF). Thats 7 straight games against playoff teams basically. 

The problem is that our OL has been garbage so they wont want to play an injured QB there. 

We also have zero DEs. The fanbase is clamoring for Cameron Wake. Dion Jordan sees significant snaps for us. 

Cam Wake and Dion Jordan in 49ers jerseys in 2020, wow that would be a trip. 

I thought Flores had decided prior to the season that recently injured Tua would hold the clipboard all year and step by step learn the NFL QB mindset. Old school vs throw'em in the deep end and hope they swim. But the Bengals and Chargers are doing it New Style with rooks and causing fanbase/media pressure for Miami (along with Fitz making so many awful throws vs Seattle). 

On 10/4/2020 at 4:58 PM, Emerica said:

Lost in all this is the fact that the Texans are now 0-4. I'm liking our chances of ending up with one of Micah Parsons or Dylan Moses. 

If the Texans somehow end up with the worst record in the league or top 3, you trade that pick for even a bigger haul and prosper for years to come. Dolphins sitting in a really nice position going forward. I haven't checked the cap situation, but I'm guessing it is good? Can make a Niners type of jump soon. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If the Texans somehow end up with the worst record in the league or top 3, you trade that pick for even a bigger haul and prosper for years to come. Dolphins sitting in a really nice position going forward. I haven't checked the cap situation, but I'm guessing it is good? Can make a Niners type of jump soon. 

Ideal scenario would be for the Texans' pick become top-3 and having a QB needy team trade up for one of Lawrence, Fields or Lance. If the pick ends up being #1 overall, I personally would have to be convinced that Tua is the real deal before I move away from Lawrence.

Not sure how accurate this is but we have the 8th most cap space according to Spotrac. 

• Like 1