Week 4 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

40 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

There's no way Verrett starts over Manny if he's healthy. I could see Verrett maybe leapfrogging Spoon and being the guy to play opposite Manny until Sherm returns. But I don't see a situation where his play puts Manny on the bench. 

Im not not against Moseley, but i think top end/ healthy Verrett can be better than Moseley IMO. But as long as Verrett is first off the bench in front of Witherspoon, I could deal with that. I have always liked Verrett and think he is a special corner, when healthy. Moseley is still young and has played well, just think he needs to make a few more strides in his game that I havent seen this season thus far.

Also, it's crazy to me that Eagles fans are fed up with Doug Pederson three years after guiding them to their only Super Bowl win.

https://old.reddit.com/r/eagles/comments/j2rxzi/jeff_mclane_doug_pederson_when_asked_what_he/

I'm already dreading the day that 49ers fans turn on Shanahan and Lynch when the winning stops, and the answers to the media aren't to people's satisfaction. 

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article246121720.html

Sounds like Williams is ok and should play. Mostert is iffy and Greenlaw is a no go.

Mostert, Williams and Greenlaw were seen sprinting and doing conditioning drills on the side. Williams was wearing a helmet and cleats, which would indicate his hip injury isn’t expected to be long term. Greenlaw isn’t expected to play this week while Mostert and Williams are considered day to day.

Looks like it's most likely going to be Mullens' second start this weekend.

Shanahan indicated that Garoppolo has a shot for Sunday despite missing practice time, but it will come down to how well he’s moving on his plant ankle.

“He’s just got to be able to be healthy in terms of he can run around and protect himself, make throws,” Shanahan said. “Anytime you’re dealing with an ankle, you might feel all right when you’re standing there, but can you move around and get into the awkward positions without hurting yourself? That’s really what we’d have to see.”

Kittle is good to go, but it sounds like they might not rely on him like they normally would this week.

“I think we’ll always be smart with him,” Shanahan said. “We’re not just going to throw him in with his normal reps and everything, but he’s full go. He’ll be involved in it all and I’m excited to see him out there going.”

• Like 1

Looks like there is a chance Deebo goes. Shanahan said it depends on the shape he is in but if he can handle it, he will play.

He probably doesn't start or play too many snaps even if he plays. But will be good to see him, will definitely need him when the schedule picks up.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like there is a chance Deebo goes. Shanahan said it depends on the shape he is in but if he can handle it, he will play.

He probably doesn't start or play too many snaps even if he plays. But will be good to see him, will definitely need him when the schedule picks up.

That's kind of a weird statement he made about being in shape and being able to protect himself. All Deebo has been doing since training camp has been rehab and conditioning. I understand football shape is different then just being in good cardio shape, but I would think they would be linked pretty heavily in Deebo's case where he's beeing doing a lot of the cutting and movements necessary during his rehab. 

8 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

That's kind of a weird statement he made about being in shape and being able to protect himself. All Deebo has been doing since training camp has been rehab and conditioning. I understand football shape is different then just being in good cardio shape, but I would think they would be linked pretty heavily in Deebo's case where he's beeing doing a lot of the cutting and movements necessary during his rehab. 

But it is a different animal and who knows how much he was running after he got put on IR. His foot was sore so I can't imagine him running too much during that period. Probably ramped it up again the last few weeks but if his foot was sore, I'm guessing the team doctors would want him to rest and not go too hard on his foot. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But it is a different animal and who knows how much he was running after he got put on IR. His foot was sore so I can't imagine him running too much during that period. Probably ramped it up again the last few weeks but if his foot was sore, I'm guessing the team doctors would want him to rest and not go too hard on his foot. 

They were saying he was sprinting and cutting in TC. You could be right, but I would expect he’s probably had plenty of time to get back to full speed since then. 

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

They were saying he was sprinting and cutting in TC. You could be right, but I would expect he’s probably had plenty of time to get back to full speed since then. 

He was, but then he had a setback right before the season and was put on IR because he was having soreness issues. So after that, I can't imagine he was doing much conditioning for at least a few weeks. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He was, but then he had a setback right before the season and was put on IR because he was having soreness issues. So after that, I can't imagine he was doing much conditioning for at least a few weeks. 

Agreed. This injury has an absurdly high set back rate, not worth it try and "muscle through it". If he was smart, when the foot was sore, he was staying off it and treating it cautiously. 

41 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I guess I hadn't read about his setback. I assumed our staff was just being careful with him. 

6 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:
Also, it's crazy to me that Eagles fans are fed up with Doug Pederson three years after guiding them to their only Super Bowl win.

https://old.reddit.com/r/eagles/comments/j2rxzi/jeff_mclane_doug_pederson_when_asked_what_he/

I'm already dreading the day that 49ers fans turn on Shanahan and Lynch when the winning stops, and the answers to the media aren't to people's satisfaction. 

Doug doesn't adapt, he doesn't mold around his best players like he did in 2017. Ever since winning the Super Bowl with Nick Foles, he's tried to force Carson Wentz to be Nick Foles when their styles are very different. This is by no means to absolve Carson right now. His mechanical issues and inaccuracy have gotten out of hand. He's seen a decline ever since getting married, and then having a kid. IMO Football went from his 2nd priority to his 4th. (Religion, Wife, Kid). 

Also Gym Shorts' defense is basically telegraphing what his plan of attack is. He doesn't move players around, he doesn't disguise things. What you see is what you get. And our D-Line costs us a fortune but hasn't produced until last Sunday.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

In fairness, I assume that most of them watched the end of last week's game 

• Like 1