Week #4 - General Football Talk

6 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

There's no reason to eject Harrison for that.

Eh, I saw the hit, and I'm honestly fine with it. With how his arms are positioned, there's no attempt to tackle, there. He's straight deliberately launching at him with just the helmet, IMO.

• Like 1

I was thinking about coaches not surviving the season. I wonder, with everything that is going on, will guys like Matt Patricia or even Dan Quinn be allowed to finish the season even if the pitfalls continue much to the chagrin of the fanbases? For a losing squad, this NFL season is already so dopey, maybe some ownerships just bite the bullet and allow guys to finish out the year. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's going to be the second time Houston has done that in the last 4 years or so. Granted, the first time was to secure Watson, so maybe worth it, but that pick they gave to Cleveland ended up as what, #4 ?

Remember that Savage/Yates QB'd Texans team was all BOB.

The problem is that the guy who fires the coach is also the coach.

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I was thinking about coaches not surviving the season. I wonder, with everything that is going on, will guys like Matt Patricia or even Dan Quinn be allowed to finish the season even if the pitfalls continue much to the chagrin of the fanbases? For a losing squad, this NFL season is already so dopey, maybe some ownerships just bite the bullet and allow guys to finish out the year. 

Quinn is a dead man walking. I think Patricia has at least a respectable chance to finish the year.

2 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Eh, I saw the hit, and I'm honestly fine with it. With how his arms are positioned, there's no attempt to tackle, there. He's straight deliberately launching at him with just the helmet, IMO.

Yeah, after I saw the replay I understood it. In real time it looked he turned his shoulder toward him to make the tackle and the helmet was just made contact.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

There's no reason to eject Harrison for that.

Disagree.  He clearly lowered his head, led with the crown of his helmet, and hit Akins in the helmet.  He looks up, he doesn't get ejected.

• Like 3